Thread: Winning Conditions

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Winning Conditions

A couple of members were not happy with the AI winning through acquiring a vassal with the balance of regions necessary to win.
    The (hopefully successful) solution offered is the change in the descr_win_conditions file. You will now have to have control of Gotland and Malta additional to the number of regions to win. Pretty much a "Total Domination Scenario" in my opinion.

If you don't like it, back up is provided. (You can always press the continue button if you loose)

--- CHANGES ---
    Added the Malta and Gotland Region to the winning conditions

--- EFFECT ---
    The regions are islands in the Mediterranian and Baltic Sea respectively and are owned by Slaves at the outset of the games.
    It is hoped that the occurence of an AI winning due to aquiring a vassal has been stopped without going back to the 'I will never become your vassal' attitude of the AI.

--- CONTENTS ---
    There are three files provided with this download:
    1. This ReadMe file: Win_conditions_ReadMe.txt
    2. The original file descr_win_conditions_org.txt
    3. The updated file: descr_win_conditions.txt

--- INSTALLATION ---
    Unzip number 3 into the PDER...\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder

And no, it is not save game compatible. (Don't fear for your present save - it will not be effected)
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 19, 2007 at 12:08 AM.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Winning Conditions

Hi,
    wouldn't it work just as well to use the 'Eliminate Faction' condition and 'Hold 50 regions'? Then for example Sicily would have to eliminate the Byzantines AND hold 50 regions. Stainless Steel uses these kind of conditions.

I'm not a big fan of Egypt having to capture Gotland to win the game.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Blog Entries

The thing with elimination is, that the faction could have bad day and get wiped out fast. Happened once with me with Spain: they had 11 regions and apparently no family member after one disastrous battle. Puff, one big rebel region instead.
    The thing with the islands: get a nice stack of boats, put an army stack on it and sail to Malta or Gotland - end of game. The AI will not do that. Maybe with one island, but surely not with two.
    This way you can play to your hearts content without having to worry that an AI faction might win in 1287. I simply love to go slow and sometimes play turtle.

But yes, it will work just as fine. But not 100%. I give it 85%.

I had some good results with 'Lusted's Campaign AI' as well. The download is here.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 19, 2007 at 08:20 AM.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

I had some good results with 'Lusted's Campaign AI' as well. The download is here.
    brilliant, that will just slot straight in no dramas ??
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    brilliant, that will just slot straight in no dramas ??
    I think so. AI is vanilla, so it shouldn't overwrite anything.

Blog Entries

If you don't really care about the winning video than there is another possibility: simply blank out all entries in the descr_win_conditions file. Anybody ever notice that there is no entry for Mongols, Timurids?
    No winning condition - no winning. Just endless play.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

If you don't really care about the winning video than there is another possibility: simply blank out all entries in the descr_win_conditions file. Anybody ever notice that there is no entry for Mongols, Timurids?
    No winning condition - no winning. Just endless play.
    that is a very good idea you dillagent solder
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."