Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Sabinus/Lepidus

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Sabinus/Lepidus

ooc We've been through this a million times...

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Senators Senators Senators
    Let us stand back for a moment and look at what is being said. I see the summer season has brought a lot of hot heads into the senate halls today. Such vibrance. But let us here the Consul and his proposal.

Please Consul Lepidus - tell us... how do you suggest we move forward?
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

He suggests we go and give flowers to everyone in southern italy..
    leave this to the Warriors of Roma to do what is right for roma
    Last edited by 68 Powers; December 21, 2007 at 04:19 PM.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

I've posted the financial report for turn 0 in the Viaticus Optio. Go have a look if you need to.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

I agree with you, 68 Powers! You see, Consul Lepidus? Everybody, except you, wants war at all costs and the annexation of Southern Italy to the Roman Republic, entirely.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

II. No senator appointed Imperium may camp or encroach on Latium soil
    This motion is on hold until further discussion and details have been given as per the Junior Consul's request.

Princeps Senatus Aquilinus

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I would gather two legions together into a consular army, and and extra as a support legion. This army I would send secretly through the Appenines south to the lands around Tarentum. I would then fight Pyrrhus on his own ground.

After he was destroyed, I would occupy Tarentum, and declare a ceasefire with Epirus (It was Pyrrhus who was our enemy, not his people.)

Next, I would evalutate each of our cities, building appropriate infrastructure in each of them (ie roads, ports, farms, sewers, aqueducts, baths.)

After that I cannot say.

Princep Senatus, greetings. I did not see you there in the corner. Welcome

Voice Chat @ Discord

I motion that we disreguard the Senior Consul's suggestion to expand into Gaul and Illyria, turning our full attention to defeating Pyrrhus and his Phalanxes before moving north.

Yea I - Nay Nil

Princeps Senatus Aquilinus

ooc: i slept in and missed the whole debate.

Senators, I think the plan to expand into Gaul and Illiria was really not to be put into action immediately, but rather a set of territorial goals for the Republic in the long term. As so, I say that we must focus on Pyrrhus now, but not forget that we have, as a free people, natural borders to attain, in order to have enough land for our veterans and a prosperous status among the Mediterranean powers!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Censor Claudius rises form his seat after many minutes of silence and thought;

<<Senators,have we lost clarity of our mind?Illyria? Cisilpine Gaul? I understand that all Romans want the glory of our Republic to last for a thousand years and more,but over expanding will not grant us this legacy!I urge our honorable senior Consul to withdraw his motions and I plea for rational mind here; We need to expand?Definitely!Do we need to expand to the cost of thousands and thousands liters of Roman blood?Definitely no!>>
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

And what of the italian states between us and Tarrentum? Do we occupy those on our way?

Voice Chat @ Discord

Agreed. Gaul and illrya are not to be touched. i want southern italy not to over extend ourselves senators.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

@ the senior consul - No! You cannot attack a state simply because it is in your way! You simply march into Epriote lands quickly and quietly, perhaps through a mountain pass.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Censor Claudius replies to the Consul;

<<Consul,if you could prove that the Italian cities are negatively dispositioned against the Republic(by there troop position and movements)then all here would agree to march to war against the Italian cities of the south...>>
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

or we could insult them into a duel...

I am already agreed censor.. Roma wants her land and she wants it now!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

By the way princeps, under the new voting rules you may disregard any motion you feel is outlandish or ridiculous.

Junior Consul, you can disregard the motion of Illyria now. You can disregard it forever, but you should know that Calabria has a strategical importance and is hostile to us, as we discussed. We should not try to bypass or ignore the Calabrians or we will have serious trouble replenishing our legions in Tarentum, getting ambushed by them, or leaving our backs without guard in case of a future foreign invasion. As such, I say that we MUST conquer Calabria and everything that obstructs our way and is strategically important!

Fair enough. I will send out riders to gather reports on our so called neighbours and see what they are up too! But I say this. If we are attacked by any of these neighbours that you senators so wish to leave, then the blood of those citizens is on your hands. I withdraw my previous motion for now...

Voice Chat @ Discord