Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Sabinus/Lepidus

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Sabinus/Lepidus

In due course Co-consul but first...

Many of you may not like the politics my party currently holds but that does not mean that we as senators should not be able to see what is in the best interest of the Res Publica. It is easy to be blinded by the continuous campaigning of certain senators to vindicate their political beliefs. I challenge any senator here now to stand before us and declare himself against the elected senior consul. I was elected into position by you and your brethren so it should be you who stands by the choices I make in the interest of Roma and her populus. It is not just I who you will be objecting against but the very fibre of Roman civilization. We expelled the monarchy and put in place a system which I have been elected into. Do not sit here and dictate policies merely because you disapprove of me, that senators would be irresponsible. Roma is a kind mistress but do not be fooled by her love, she is temperamental.

I have VIII motions which I have tabulated and with your help can have them passed. I will list the first IV. It is not only in my interest but in the interest of every senator here in this room. I urge you to stay seated while I read out the various motions.

I. No senator appointed Imperium may use their legions against Roma
    In favour I against 0

II. No senator appointed Imperium may camp or encroach on Latium soil
    In favour I against 0

III. All provinces surrounding Latium’s borders may not be issued for Pro-consulate terms.
    In favour I against 0

IV. The following provinces will fall under the control of Roma: Etruria, Asculania, Campania, Samnium and Umbria.
    In favour I against 0
    Last edited by Caesar Rex; December 21, 2007 at 03:24 PM.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Censor Claudius replies to the Junior Consul:

<<That is not true,Consul and you know it; When did I proposed an thoughtless war? Securing our peninsula is a top priority whether or not you want to accept it or not... As for the attack,I do not imply I state it in the open;If we don't secure the peninsula either by alliance or war we will be open for an attack from the south!>>

Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

As to motion one - Isn't that a bit obvious?

Motion II should be given a caveat, ie unless he is given the permission of the senatus,as in an emergency

Motion three and four are taken care of under the description of Proconsul in the Constitution

Office of Proconsul
    (Appointed Position,High Responsibility Office,Changing Workload,Influential Position,Needs Roma Surrectum)
    Each Consul after finishing his term can apply to the senate to be given some province(s) to govern(the Proconsulate - any province or even a stack of provinces outside Italy).If the vote is passed,the Senator is named Proconsul and given a small army(plus a character) to use as he wills. The Proconsul can run for no other office except from the Censor office unless he is willing to abandon his imperium.His term will last one month, or four full consular terms; He also can ask or be asked in return to lead a campaign by senate or Consuls.
    Fearmongering, Gaius, may win the day today, but will not work forever. The peoples of these lands will attack us if we go in without just cause. A Just war is the only war acceptable.
    Last edited by Winter; December 21, 2007 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Good Co-consul. Yes the constitution states that only outside italy can we offer pro-consulship however at this juncture we have no standing outside italy and at least to allow the passing of this motion it avails one province to a pro-consul. That is of cos till we expand further north and south. And motion I is not obvious to those who have minds on ruling Roma through force and not through the senate.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Censor Claudius rises to vote;

<<I am in favor of the motions proposing amendments for the safekeeping of the republic;None,should camp in Ager Romanus(currently the provinces of Rome,Capua and Ancona if we play by history) in any occasion and no senator,with or without imperium can cross into Latium without first leaving or disbanding his army;anyone who does will be considered an enemy of Rome and after that it will be the obligation of every Roman to harm him or kill him if they are able;As for the provinces mentioned though,I will first consult my colleagues and then vote...>>

In favor II against N

In favor II against N
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

The issue is the Constitution clearly states that there shall be no Proconsulate inside of Italia, whether we expand or not.

If you think it needs to be said, I guess motion one can stand.

And I think we should not vote on motion two yet, as it has not been clarified if a senator can bring a legion here in times of emergency.

In favor III against N

In favor III against N

I've given my vote, Senators!
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Well then the quaestor will have his wish. I put forth the motion to expand as far as Illyria and Cisalpine Gaul in the north and Bruttium in the south including Calabria.
    This will bring our total from VII provinces to XIV.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Winter's Avatar Civitate

In favor IVagainst N

all for this

In favor III against I

I have to vote against this because it has not been specified if, in an emergency, a commander can bring his legion into Latium. This was brought to a vote FAR to quickly. I ask that the Princeps close this until adequate discussion can take place.

put forth the motion to expand as far as Illyria and Cisalpine Gaul in the north and Bruttium in the south including Calabria.
    Is this a joke? Cisalpine Gaul? Illyria of all places!? Calabria and Bruttium? Am I seeing things or did you actually propose this? There is no timetable, no information on where the troops will come from, and above all, no reason!
    Last edited by Winter; December 21, 2007 at 03:40 PM.

I approve you motion, Senior Consul!

YAY - II NAY - 0
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Winter's Avatar Civitate

You cannot vote on this yet, it has not even been brought to a vote. It was only proposed for discussion. I think we need some senate voting guidelines written...

Is this a joke? Cisalpine Gaul? Illyria of all places!? Calabria and Bruttium? Am I seeing things or did you actually propose this? There is no timetable, no information on where the troops will come from, and above all, no reason!
    These are our natural borders, Junior Consul! It doesn't matter if it is today or tomorrow, it will set a clear goal for our expansion and security!

Do not fear as Roma will have her legions. In any event should and enemy slip past our provinces and her legions then we will have the much needed forces. But I am sure every senator here feels the way you do but just needs it to be itterated that man given imperium to handle affairs in our provinces should maybe get the idea of marching on Roma.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Winter's Avatar Civitate

We are at war with Pyrrhus, who has a massive, experienced army, and you will have us gallivanting off to Gaul and Illyria? This is absolutely insane!

Co-consul... I did not just step into this office blindly. I know of what you speak and I have taken everything into account. Many a night I have spent awake thinking of Roma and how we can offer something more to her. It is time to put Italia under the rule of Roma. It is time to stop shaking our head and make the move to expand. Yes we can raise the legions. I suggest Raising VIII legions. IV to the north and IV to the south. Through determined and hard fighting, yes we can do it. At what cost you might say. At the cost of Roma. Every man knows and fights for one thing. For her and her glory.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Winter's Avatar Civitate

ooc Alright hold on this is going too fast. These are questions that need to be answered RIGHT NOW.

a) what version are you using, 0 turn recruitment or 1? Last time we used 1 it worked perfectly

b) are you serious about these expansion plans

c) what are you going to do about Pyrrhus

Winter's Avatar Civitate

All senators should immediately proceed to this thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...57#post2499357

I. 0 turn as i picked up during our discussions on the constitution.

II. Yes. I put it to the floor with no timeline however it is possible.

III. He is in Calabria. A province we want to expand to so that would mean he will be crushed.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Winter's Avatar Civitate

He is not in Calabria he is in Tarentum. Please if possible switch to the 1tr version. All you have to do is re-run the install program. It is much better for our purposes.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

*Cato Rushes in the Senate house with his son at his side, he looks around and begins he speech on the matter presented before him*

Ave Senators
    Lepidus, Are you denying Roma of her right to her own pennsulia?
    We need to attack and take what is rightfully ours not just stand by and wait for Phyruss to take southern italy and then march on Roma herself!
    You are a fool for not wanting to expand and free these people.

As for Blind Agression there is none here Lepidus. We have a Tyrant on OUR land senator.. i would rather have the people of southern italy under a republic than a tyrant as for the northern italian states.
    Have they not attack us before senators?

*Son begins tugging on Catos cloths*
    What? im in the middle of something!
    *He whispers something*
    Gah.. down that hall..

Back to what i was saying senators..

What you are saying here lepidus is that you wish for a tyrant to expand and for roma to deal with more than she needs to!
    The people would rather have one battle against a tyrant than against the whole of southern italy..
    Get past your petty loving attitude and see what is good for roma in the long run!

Roma Victor!
    ~Aqulia Decimuc Cato

*Cato and his son go and sit down*
    Last edited by 68 Powers; December 21, 2007 at 04:10 PM.
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡