Thread: Multiplayer pet peeves.

Default Multiplayer pet peeves.

Hi, first post here. I was just wondering what your multiplayer pet peeves are, here are some of mine.

1.) Starting in the back for no reason. For example in a 1v1 on grassy plain, they’ll start way in the back and not move any unit an inch. They don’t have art or HA but most always have a terrible internet connection, so I have to spend half an hour put putting across the plain just to get to them. In some cases just when I get in arrow range, they will back up. I try to explain that there is no terrain advantage in the plain and we’re going to have to fight eventually, but they will continue to back up until they are against the red line.

2.) Staring matches and refusal to move or engage. Normally in 1v1 this isn’t a problem; I like it when my opponent doesn’t move because it allows me to take an advantageous position or use better terrain. 2v2 or higher though and it becomes a problem. I can’t move if my team doesn’t want to move or I’ll be double teamed. So there we stay, out of missile range staring at each other across the grassy plain, waiting to see who blinks first. I’ve went to get something to eat during one of these games and when I came back nothing had changed.

3.) Not clicking the button to start deployment.

4.) People with excessive network problems. One or two, fine, but having the game pause every 20 seconds gets a little annoying.

5.) Weird rules. Like, 6 cav max and 3 HA max, but only if they are wielding an axe or blowgun. Otherwise 2 cav. 8 inf max if they are wearing the color blue or most of the soldiers are named Kyle. Art is allowed only if the square root of your cav + peasant archers is equal to or more than half your inf. Understand the rules?

6.) Maps that have an enormous hill on one side.

7.) Waiting a long time to set up a 3v3 or 4v4 and when you finally launch the game someone permanently halts it before deployment.

Anything else?

Thompson45cal.'s Avatar Ordinarius
    The Great State of Texas and George W. Bush ain't no Texan.......

Default Re: Multiplayer pet peeves.

redline camping blows but works, hard to hit um from behind when they sitting on the redline
    Last edited by Thompson45cal.; April 05, 2008 at 11:45 PM.

Aren't you glad the games aren't ranked? Actually when someone sits with an advantage or "camps" I'll offer to meet them half way, if I get no response I'll go for a beer or some ice water, check my watch and if nothing has changed in a few minutes I'll drop.

If the games were ranked they would have to pick some flat maps or preset scenarios, I'd like to see that in the future.

Personally my peeve is not being able to ban indefinitely.

Hosts that end the game when their army is defeated, that really irks me.

And people not trying to make the teams even, having all newbies against veterans.

1 that is the avoid beieing rushed whit out you can see the enemy army and you can addopt your army in formation to the type of possible rush he is puting in (but after that is done you should move)

2 play whit decent player s join a clan or get a buddy where you can play well whit so you know what you have on eachader

3 lol,,, never seen that only 1 time took it a min but person was getting something ...

4 mark players who has that connection and dont join their games let them yoin yours. Also play clan plaeyrs then normally have good con

5 never seen that normallay people play no art/ele 8 cav 3 ha max all cav included in cav max

6 Always check the map wenn you wanna play you can read it and you can always ask is it grassy plain cause we cant all speak russain/french/polish ect

7 can always happen

So think of this and you be fine

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller View Post
    1 that is the avoid beieing rushed whit out you can see the enemy army and you can addopt your army in formation to the type of possible rush he is puting in (but after that is done you should move)

2 play whit decent player s join a clan or get a buddy where you can play well whit so you know what you have on eachader

3 lol,,, never seen that only 1 time took it a min but person was getting something ...

4 mark players who has that connection and dont join their games let them yoin yours. Also play clan plaeyrs then normally have good con

5 never seen that normallay people play no art/ele 8 cav 3 ha max all cav included in cav max

6 Always check the map wenn you wanna play you can read it and you can always ask is it grassy plain cause we cant all speak russain/french/polish ect

7 can always happen

So think of this and you be fine

I really hope English isn't your primary language....I cannot understand 3/4 of what you just said.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

me// "they look pretty entrenched there on that hill buddy, dont think they are gonna move"

ally// "no lets line up back here"

half an hour later. me// "ok i'm gonna move up, hope you help"

I'll add another, crossbow snipers. I love it when my men do it and I hate it when it happens to me. Say your HA just skirt the range of some crossbow men and they just start to wind their bows. From that moment onward, it doesn't matter how far you run your cav away from them, they will fire and hit you. Once the crossbow men start to wind their bow they have unlimited range and the accuracy of a Barrett M82.

Twoscoopsofviking? Did you used to go by lovintwoscoops in mp?