Thread: Story of the Rise, the Fall,and the rise again of Rome

Default Story of the Rise, the Fall,and the rise again of Rome

So im playing Imperitor 2. have Rome Corfinium Paestum ancona and capua. at war with pryyus loseing every battle unless i out number him 2-1 or 4-1 sometimes. barely making it when BAMB! Carthage hits me in the back. 2 fronts twice the fun. well i start losing ground until only rome is left in my control. seeing the end, i take my best army with my best general and best governor to corsica. Take alania just as Rome is under seige. Fight an increadible last stand, make it a Pryyic victory for pryyus but still lose rome. so im now a exiled Ruler on a island in the western med. do i give up. no! i sue for peace. get it. diband my army ecept for the bare minimum need for defence. and build up my economy. many turns later i'm out of debt for good.. the city can now build alea legionarres. so i take over sardonia and palmaria. then with a firm economy built in these town. i launch an invasion of Italy. Eprote is a shadow of its former glory and i easily defeat them. i guessing they and carthage weaken each other because they never stopped waring with each other. i conquor italy and rebuild its infastructor. now its time for the lontg ride back to the top. its gonna be awhile but i can do it... i hope.

Moral NEVER NEVER NEVER give up EVER. and dont trust carthagians in Imperitor 2

Proud Republican

Default Re: Story of the Rise, the Fall,and the rise again of Rome

Nice story. Pyrrhus in IMP is very hard to defeat.

Btw if you have stayed longer in Italy you would have had to fight one more foe - Ilyria

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Story of the Rise, the Fall,and the rise again of Rome

I haven'tplayed in a long time, but as I remember, to get Carthage off Italy (sometimes they attack, sometime they just run along) is to take either Sicily or their holding in Corsica/Sardinia.

This way they'll concentrate on a new front and leave Italy basicly untouched. Regarding Pyrrhus, I usually let Epirotes split thier forces and let them attack. It's much more easier to defend, rather than attacking.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook