Thread: Clans list

Default Clans list

I was interested in this idea so i checked some stuff out. The Clan Ker or Kerr (deriviations Kar, Car) was a really high standing clan, why isn't it on the list. It was on the border of Scotland and England and repelled the english time and time again. They became very powerful and were at points considered 'one of the crown's fists' type clan. Many and many of the members of the clan were put it to high powers of authority of regions by the crown. Their well known castle is 'Ferniehirst Castle'.

The name Kerr means 'left-handed men'.

just thought I'd add that one. more to come if you want.

Default Re: Clans list

Hi Sith_Lord

Our Mod starts in the late 1200s which is, unfortunately, before Clan Kerr was founded (according to wikipedia - not the greatest authority I admit):

Clan Kerr descend from two brothers, Ralph and John Ker, who settled in Jedburgh around 1330.....By the 15th Century the Clan Kerr were considered highly important Crown vassals
    Secondly, with most of the border/lowland families it would be erroneous to portray them as seperate factions precisely because of their loyalty to the crown. It makes more sense to represent them in the crown/scotland faction by including their leaders and perhaps special units recruitable in their areas.

The Highland clans were much more autonomous especially during the periods of English invasion when the crown lost much of its power.

It is simply not possible to accurately create the internecine politics of the period so a simplified model that features the major players must suffice.

If we ever focused on the 15th-16th Centuries then Clan Kerr might have a case for inclusion.

my bad. lol.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It will be very easy to add them in and will only require changes to 2 text files, by changing Clan Scott to Kerr! But for this you'll have to wait until the big map version comes out ...hey Bruce!

A big map, what a good idea. I'm sure I had one of those around here somewhere....

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    A big map, what a good idea. I'm sure I had one of those around here somewhere....
    Whe you have a spare minute

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

That would be the coolest!! I will definately mod them in!! I'm a clan Kerr to!!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Those sheep thieving borderers get everywhere

Perhaps we should include Clan Vader in the Big Map version!!
    Last edited by The Bruce; December 20, 2007 at 10:21 PM.

Patrician

While those Highlanders were busy squabbling amongst themselves for petty chiefdoms....we sheep thieving Borderers were busy constantly fighting the English...and then when we were finished with the English we fought each other, and then stole some more sheep, and then fought the Highlanders, and then sided with the English and then fought some more Highlanders....and then to cap it all off we allied with the English...and then all of a sudden we're all British!!!

Xeryx....sheep stealing borderers are always welcome here

..and then to cap it all off we allied with the English...and then all of a sudden we're all British!!!
    :brit: Not all of us want to be!

Xeryx....sheep stealing borderers are always welcome here
    Yeah you could swap sheep stories. "I knew a ewe once, pretty little thing...."

What do you call two Scotsmen in a room?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    An argument

Just kidding - all are welcome here, even the English ?
    Last edited by The Bruce; December 20, 2007 at 10:20 PM.

NimbleNota's Avatar Libertus

On the subject of Scottish jokes.....

Why do Highlanders wear kilts?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Sheep Can Hear Zippers

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by NimbleNota View Post
    On the subject of Scottish jokes.....

Why do Highlanders wear kilts?
    I thought that must have been the case
    Last edited by The Bruce; February 07, 2008 at 04:12 AM.