Thread: If we spent all the Iraq funding on healthcare...

Default If we spent all the Iraq funding on healthcare...

We would still have a massive deficit. Good luck with that Hilary.

On a serious note, if the problem with health care is that it is too expensive for most to afford, then why don't the democrats try to find a way to make it less expensive? Government health plans cost them as much as it would cost you or a private insurance. Just that someone else gets the bill.

Default Re: If we spent all the Iraq funding on healthcare...

and how far would we get on all that oil we supposedly steal and the main reason for the war

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoner View Post
    We would still have a massive deficit. Good luck with that Hilary.

On a serious note, if the problem with health care is that it is too expensive for most to afford, then why don't the democrats try to find a way to make it less expensive? Government health plans cost them as much as it would cost you or a private insurance. Just that someone else gets the bill.
    You're saying big government should actively influence market prices? Poisoner!

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

You're saying big government should actively influence market prices? Poisoner!
    There are times when A government "should" influence price. Not in the nature of out and out price controls, but pigouvian taxes and subsidies can be helpful. Notably when the private price signals out/ under pace the social ones. Unfortunately, the government is not very good at measuring those deficiencies and does a terrible job at appropriating the correct tax or a subsidy.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

You know JP that sounds like Keyensian Principles
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Keynesian? Not hardly there Chico. It's called pigouvian economics and when you get to college and take your first principles of economics course, you too will learn about it. Unless you opt to waste your time in something like sociology or, some stupid dead language major that so many here are fond of.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

It isn't so Hitlers funding of industry wasn't Keynsian because you seem to be advocating the funding of industry.

BTW I suggest you do not flame me.

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?

Is it too difficult for you to look up Pigouvian economics and read up onj it yourself to learn the differences? I'd wager a bet you don't know what an ISLM is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigovian_tax here is a link, if you can't see the difference, i don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by JP226; December 18, 2007 at 12:40 PM.

Yet subsidies are an examples of Keynsian economic policies.

Simple truths

Yet subsidies are an examples of Keynsian economic policies.
    Fantastic... what's your point? I said subsidy so there by it's keyensian? What is this? Are you just trying to harass me? Obviously you have no grasp on any of these consepts and you just throw a word or two out thinking... god knows what. Keynesian economics is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ****ING AREA!!!!!!!!!! IT"S MACRO ****ING ECONOMICS, THIS IS MICRO ****ING ECONOMICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow someone here needs to learn to control their anger.

Harassment? No I was stating that your suggestion of the state funding industry was Keynsian economics, which I found odd considering your views of Keynsian economics.

I have some grasp of them or I wouldn't know that Keynsian principles do include the government funding industry.

Simple truths

Harassment? No I was stating that your suggestion of the state funding industry was Keynsian economics, which I found odd considering your views of Keynsian economics.
    Which stems from the fact you have absolutely no clue. You found it odd because you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I have some grasp of them or I wouldn't know that Keynsian principles do include the government funding industry.
    and that's about where your grasp stops. That ISLM seemed to throw you for yet another loop

Yes I do I'm sorry that you seem to disagree with my opinion. I am also sorry that you have an inability to accept another's point of view. One needs to understand that in discussion one must be at least respectful of the opposing side.

Simple truths