Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iberia Total War Gold, pre-release preview

Default Iberia Total War Gold, pre-release preview

This is the final preview before the definite release of the mod. We have been working for more than one year from the last release (version 1.5) and we hope you will like this final version.

1. The structure

ITW Gold will be one of the largest mods for RTW (version 1.5) that will be released in two parts. It will run with a separate mod folder and you will be able to choose one of the two language versions, English or Spanish.
    The first release, the mod, will have more than 6500 files, for more than 800 MB size (once installed).
    The second release will be the sound system with new music, new ambient sounds and new speaks in the ancient languages. It will be around 1 GB (once installed). We will speak about it in due course.

2. The factions
    The mod contains 20 playable factions in battle mode (custom and multiplayer): two roman factions, carthaginians and numidians, greeks and italic tribes, two gallic factions, and 12 playable iberian tribes (cantabri, asturi, gallaeci, lusitani, celtiberians, vaccei, illergeti, edetani, carpetani, oretani, turdetanians, and bastetani).
    Some examples of the new faction symbols:

3. The units
    All the units have been re-designed from historical data.
    ITW contains 245 cas models with 384 textures. Most of units are widely available in campaign, as they appear as auxilliary or mercenary units in the corresponding zones.

All factions have a set of officers (general, officer, musician, and standard). Here you have some examples:

These are examples of units in ITW Gold:

One non-combatant unit: the supply chariot

Regarding animations, SigniferOne animations for infantry are still used, and we are using Prometheus animations for cavalry (with slight modifications) and some new animations for musicians.

4. The battle system
    It has been completely changed from RTW system. Now the units are more resistant to death and the key point for victory is moral. In ancient battles the casualties were very limited and this has been tried to be imported to ITW. Projectile are less lethal, and they must be used wisely to reduce the enemy moral. The flaming projectile are specially useful for that, such as the falarica:

Formations are more difficult to mantain as the mass of soldiers has been made proportional to the light/heavy character of the unit.
    Now massive battles are possible given that units are larger in number with very few exceptions.

5. The campaigns
    The "classical" one imperial and four provincial campaigns are kept, with redesigned scripts that include now the 4tpy script.
    The map has been re-texturized:
    and all the models for generals, captains and fleet are new.

6. Other features
    13 historical battles are included, among them the new Ilerda battle.
    New interfaces, vegetation, skies, loading screens, lots of custom battle scenarios...

I will be delighted to answer your questions about the mod (not sounds for the moment).

CREDITS

* Contributors to the Gold version:

Monkwarrior (CeltiberoRamiroI): coordination, models, animations, textures, graphs, scripts, coding, maps
    CeltiberoIdibil: historical research, descriptions, battle system (equilibration of units), webmaster
    CeltiberoAsdrúbal: sound system, scripts, tests, voices
    CeltiberoKarmipoka: historical battles, historical research, videos, voices
    Uranos: maps, ui, unit cards and info pictures
    CeltiberoEco: videos (they will be released probably in a separate pack)
    Prometheus: animations, vegetation

Models and textures for units: CeltiberoViriato, CeltiberoCaesarAugusto, Legionario, Chirico, Diviciaco, Akiles, Spirit of Rob

Graphs: CeltiberoLeonidas, CeltiberoEspartiata, Publius

Voices: CeltiberoLoky, CeltiberoLlop, CeltiberoEpg, CeltiberoCaesarAugusto, CeltiberoEspartiata, CeltiberoKlu

Thanks to: Myrdraal (4tpy), CeltiberoAviriatus, Darth Vader (formations), Repman (skies), CeltiberoJeno, Teleklos Archelaou

* Contributions to precedent versions mantained in the Gold version:

SigniferOne: animations
    Riczu: ships
    Webbird: models and textures (numidians)
    Warspite: models and textures (numidians)
    Pinarius: horses
    CeltiberoManimor: graphs
    Northammer: warcrymod
    Shigawire: latinvoicemod
    SempronioSabino: historical advisor
    Last edited by Monkwarrior; December 16, 2007 at 11:27 AM.

Default Re: Iberia Total War Gold, pre-release preview

This looks great. Awesome work.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

As a portuguese with Spanish roots, finding the spanish site, downloading and playing the Castillan Gold Beta version was no challenge.=)
    i've tryed it all, and indeed the end result is really good. one thing i didn't like was the few casualties from projectiles, i think they should do at least some casualties from the front like in EB, other that this, the gold version is really great=)))) the historic Battles are huge, and can take up to 2 hours some of them, whith a lot of advance, manneuvering and retreating in it, that with few casualties from the clash of the units... but routs can really hurt now, even more then before=)

BTW i loved the Numatia Historical battle=), really great, the clffs and the terrarin is simply awesome, one thing i didn't understood though was, why are the rivers on each side of numantia dry?
    And Can we wait to see every city in the map made into a specific slot like Numantia? it would be awesome
    Last edited by Iberus_generalis; December 16, 2007 at 12:53 PM.

[REL] Ig's Barbarian Culture Texture Pack V1:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...49#post3654949

Quote Originally Posted by Iberus_generalis View Post
    As a portuguese with Spanish roots, finding the spanish site, downloading and playing the Castillan Gold Beta version was no challenge.=)
    i've tryed it all, and indeed the end result is really good. one thing i didn't like was the few casualties from projectiles, i think they should do at least some casualties from the front like in EB, other that this, the gold version is really great=)))) the historic Battles are huge, and can take up to 2 hours some of them, whith a lot of advance, manneuvering and retreating in it, that with few casualties from the clash of the units... but routs can really hurt now, even more then before=)
    Glad you liked it. The question of casualties by projectile weapons is more a matter of likes/dislikes. You are able to produce a good number of casualties if using the projectile units from the rear or the right side of the units.
    On the other hand... it is good to have a "new game" instead of a clon of another one, isn't it?
    Really the historical battles are challenging and I think they are important to show the flavour of the great battles of this period of history.
    After your comment about routing, I had forgotten another point in the preview: the fatigue. Now it is more important to keep your units together and don't run unless it is vital, as units get tired much earlier and tired units are more prone to rout. Light cavalry gains now a role in pursuing the enemy routing units, because heavy cavalry won't be so efficient in this role.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberus_generalis View Post
    BTW i loved the Numatia Historical battle=), really great, the clffs and the terrarin is simply awesome, one thing i didn't understood though was, why are the rivers on each side of numantia dry?
    And Can we wait to see every city in the map made into a specific slot like Numantia? it would be awesome
    RTW have some limitations in creating battle maps. One is the cliffs, as they are not unpassable, and this generates some weird effects, as horses "climbing". The other one is the rivers. It is impossible to put rivers with water in settlements.

And yes, it would be nice to be able to design specific cities, but the work would have be...

its bad we can't have running rivers there...cuz that map would be awesome that way, as for the cliffs, aint there a way to make the impassable? like puting some kind of stone or somthing at the top and at the bottom? or using the cliffs and rock items we have now? Three kingdoms team found a way i think=(

BNS's Avatar ...

Nice, downloading the spanish version now... Will it work on an English rtw ?

yes it will....prepare for reading a lot of spanish stuff in it...but everything is in the same place=)
    Last edited by Iberus_generalis; December 16, 2007 at 02:55 PM.

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

purdy work

BNS's Avatar ...

yes it will....prepare for reading a lot of spanish stuff in it...but everything is in the same place=)
    the place to download is:
    Ok thank you, no worries my family's Cuban so....yo entiendo el espanol

Be careful.
    That version is an open beta only in Spanish, and several bugs and mistakes have been corrected after that.
    The final version will have some new features.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Looks awesome! When will the final release be out?

Very impressive guys! I can't wait to play ITW Gold. I'm curious how do the supply chariots work?

I have to say, this mod looks awesome. I'll check it out.
    Where is the download link?

Funny, I was looking for something exactly like this, a Western Mediterranean mod.

One question though, what are those two roman factions?
    I'm kind of a fan of the single roman faction concept, like in RTR.
    But is no biggie. I can always mod it out if I don't like it.

The pics look awesome, and the in-dept Iberian factions are a dream come true.
    I can't wait to invade Iberia as the carthaginians.

Thanks.

How do I install ITW?

Do I need a fresh unmodded instal of the original game?

Es bueno ver esta ITW mod operacional

for what i've read and see on screens this looks very good, but what is the function of the supply chariot like in battle !?
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegebreaker View Post
    I have to say, this mod looks awesome. I'll check it out.
    Where is the download link?

Funny, I was looking for something exactly like this, a Western Mediterranean mod.

One question though, what are those two roman factions?
    I'm kind of a fan of the single roman faction concept, like in RTR.
    But is no biggie. I can always mod it out if I don't like it.

The pics look awesome, and the in-dept Iberian factions are a dream come true.

Thanks.
    I think what he means by two Roman factions is that there is a Roman faction and then there is SPQR. At least I think that's what he means.
    Yeah I like to do that too being a Carthage nut in all. LoL.

Could someone give a release date for the ITW gold version? The mod is really done isn't it?

Yes, it only need spanish traslation to english. We wait have it soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast