Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ornamentum 1.32 - Legal / Please write here if you ask our permission

Default Re: Legal - Please write here if you ask our permission

Outstanding work guys!

I humbly ask for permission on some of your skins for my mod 'Das Heilige Römische Reich'.

For a link, click my sig.

Cheers!

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    Outstanding work guys!

I humbly ask for permission on some of your skins for my mod 'Das Heilige Römische Reich'.

For a link, click my sig.

Cheers!
    I sent PM!

hi i'm UV mod co-leader
    can we use your great mod?
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    hi i'm UV mod co-leader
    can we use your great mod?
    I sent PM!

As a Ferrum Aeternum co-leader I'm asking for permission to use Ornamentum amazing units?
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

It goes against my grain to criticize another modder or modding group, but I do find it more than a bit ironic that you have a thread devoted to people asking your permission to use your stuff when you dont return the favor to other groups.

You guys intentionally used the artwork of another modder, without asking for permission, until he called you on it. You never contacted him at all until he saw your post and questioned it. Sending a PM asking for permission after the fact is a pretty crappy thing to do to a fellow modder. It makes me wonder how much other stuff isnt really yours.

DG can handle this however he wants as it is his work. If he grants (belated) permission that is up to him. But for me, this team is now on my personal list.

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Where did you get the textures for this sword:
    http://www.chrome.hu/danova/mod/last...unit/uni06.jpg

Did you paint it yourself?

Cause it looks really familiar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    no, its was your work!
    i sent PM!

just to be correct: it's a skin of a sword's handguard.
    I found it through google image search, I saved it to my computer and didn't check the source. I didn' go to your forum for hunting skins. If I had known that it's his work I wouldn'h have used it, but I was careless and I guess that's my guilt.

If you have a look at my work (for example those 30 other swords I made) you could see that I don't need stealing. I work for days on a shield or an arm. Don't you think that I steal ONE element and idiotly show it in the preview?

Otherwise I dind't ask permission from DG subsequently, I said sorry and I told him that of course I was going to replace the handguard. So I'm not going to use it.

I helped the moder community whith a lots of work. You can ask anyone about it. And I need the permission thread for knowing who uses my work, not for limiting its use. As far I let everybody to use my work.

Otherwise you think what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    It goes against my grain to criticize another modder or modding group, but I do find it more than a bit ironic that you have a thread devoted to people asking your permission to use your stuff when you dont return the favor to other groups.

You guys intentionally used the artwork of another modder, without asking for permission, until he called you on it. You never contacted him at all until he saw your post and questioned it. Sending a PM asking for permission after the fact is a pretty crappy thing to do to a fellow modder. It makes me wonder how much other stuff isnt really yours.

DG can handle this however he wants as it is his work. If he grants (belated) permission that is up to him. But for me, this team is now on my personal list.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Danova, may I have your permission to use some of your Norse Skins for Kingdom of the Scots please.

do you think of the new units? (theLastKingdom)
    ... or older project, Ornamnetum skins?

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Danova, may I have your permission to use some of your Norse Skins for Kingdom of the Scots please.

... anyway OK!

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ornamentum 1.32 - Legal / Please write here if you ask our permission

i luv ur english units and i am a big english diehard fa tion player. i had asked repman in dlv if i culd make a minmod replacin the vanilla style units and cards in dlv with those featured in SS and was denied and i c now that SS uses wats u hav so its pointless for either of the requests to use them but i wuz wondering in the battlemodeldb there is a file "normal texture that is used by many of the same units with faction specific textures. if these " normal textures r replaced will it affect other faction that dont use ornamentum created textures? no im not uploadin wat i do its for personal use seein as i cant upload things used in SS with DLV. understandable that prediciment is though as there r the 2 most competitive mods out there right now i guess.

Default Re: Ornamentum 1.32 - Legal / Please write here if you ask our permission

Hi! I would like to request your permission to use some of your excellent work in our mod for Civ 4, Total Realism (our forum; our CFC download page). We are one of the longest standing mods for Civ 4 out there. As you understand, direct porting is not technically possible and not needed, since the scale is completely different. Still, when creating textures for English units, it would be very nice to base them off the ones created by you and sometimes use their scaled-down (since unit models are much less detailed and texture resolution is much smaller) elements.

Thank you in advance no matter what your decision.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Icon5 Re: Ornamentum 1.32 - Legal / Please write here if you ask our permission

would like your permission to upload a submod replacing vanilla unit in La Guerre de Cent Ans mod with ur English and Scottish units please. Thank you eithr way - they're great units.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123