Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome: Total War - FAQ

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Random Question

When starting the game as SPQR, the barb intro comes up. Why?

Default Re: Random Question

well SPQR isnt supposed to b a playable faction

if u really wanted to im pretty sure u can change the intro of SPQR

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default Re: Random Question

If you have a quick question like this, feel free to post it under the stickied Frequently Asked Questions thread.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Default Barbarian Invasion

Hey, I have Barbarian Invasion, but I still want to play Rome Total War without, Barbarian Invasion... Can I do this somehow?

Default Re: Barbarian Invasion

You should be able to play both seperately, they must have different shortcuts on your desktop..

Default Re: Barbarian Invasion

Ok, thanks, I will load Barbarian Invasion Now.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Default Not sure if this belongs here but...

I want to install the RTW : BI patch 1.6. The problem is I don't know where to find it! I've searched but I get too many results. Is there an indefinite way to know where to find it?

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default Re: Not sure if this belongs here but...

Try www.totalwar.com

They have a list of reliable links. Be sure to scour the Rome Total War & BI sections.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Default Re: Cheats not working?

Well I was probably mislead then.
    Varus? Where are my freaking legions?

Default Hi and a few specific questions

I am still bathing in the splendor of RTW Vanilla after years of skeptism about turn-based games being utterly and completely boring.

So here I am attempting my first imperial campaign and for once learning about complicated mechanics is actually fun! Got a few questions though:

1. Is it possible to change your general's names manually?

2. Are onagers and huge onagers allowed to break the walls of cities during sieges? Or just the main gate? (never build any so far as it tends to slow down the whole army)

3. Whats going to happen if you, say, sacked Rome but only got 49 provinces before the timeline reaches the last playable year? Do you get a 'LOL Game Over' Message?

Default Re: Hi and a few specific questions

1. No.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, I think so, but you can keep playing.

Once you've played a campaign or two of vanilla, I highly suggest exploring the world of mods -- they drastically improve the game. For your first mod I'd suggest something that doesn't change the game too radically.

Either TE:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Or XGM:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Then you can move on to some of the more complex mods...

Nellup's Avatar Campidoctor

As cherryfunk said, once you've played vanilla for a bit, move onto mods.
    After you've tried TE or XGM (which don't implement too radical changes) I'd recommend Roma Surrectum, which is a much more detailed overhaul of RTW:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

1.No
    2.Make them walls into mince meat!!!!!
    3.If you win the game before the time is over, you get a small movie about your winnings but you can go on and keep playing as long as you want. I had once play with the britons so much that I conquered the whole map.
    I was born chivalrous, but situations made me a dreaded.

Default Re: Cheats not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Korlon View Post
    There's no such thing as a process_rc cheat. The only thing remotely close is process_cq cityname which automatically builds all the buildings of the target city in queue.
    You are wrong on this, process_rc cheat is used to recruit all queded up soldiers in the recruitment pool.
    Also I had told you already the cheats doesnt work much, different cheats work on different version, till version 1.2 you could only enter the cheats once, but in 1.3, 1.5 you can enter as many times as your like.
    The best thing is that you just make use of the cheats which actually work with your version of the game.

These are the avaiable cheats I could think of
    bestbuy -Training units costs 10% less in campaign mode.
    oliphaunt-Gives player unit of giant "Yubtseb" elephants in selected army or settlement.
    toggle_fow-Toggles Fog of War.
    add_money <number>- Gives player up to 20,000 denarii. (Example: add_money 20000)
    add_population <city name> <number>-Increases population of named settlement by up to 4,000. (Example: add_population Carthage 4000) auto_win <attacker/defender> -Automatically wins the game for the attacker or defender. Enter before auto-deciding a game. Example: auto_win attacker) give_trait <character> <trait> <<level number>Allows you to give any trait your faction can have to a specific general. process_cq <city name>- Instantly completes all buildings in queue in specified city. (Example: process_cq Carthage)
    Process_rc <settlement name> -Gain all units straight away in the recruitment tray in your army. (Example: Process_rc Arminum -10 hastati) create_unit <settlement/captain/general> <unit id> <amount> <experience> <weapon type> <armor type> -Create any unit that your Faction can use (max amount of 5 Units, 9 Experience, 3 Armor/Weapon) jericho- Destroys walls as artillery does. Often must be done several times to make a breach.
    move_character -Moves character to location, where Z is character name and X Y are coordinates.
    force_diplomacy -Forces computer to accept next diplomatic proposal. (Example: force_diplomacy accept)
    invulnerable_general-General specified in invulnerable. (Example: invulnerable_general Tigranes)
    season Changes- season to that specified. (Example season summer) show_cursorstat- When on the Campaign Map, enter this code, then press the ` key. It will give you the x,y coordinates of the spot your mouse is hovering over.
    I was born chivalrous, but situations made me a dreaded.

Default difficulty?

is there anyway to find out wat difficulty you set for the campaign after you start it? (lets say i forgot the difficulty)
    Last edited by atraps; March 31, 2008 at 05:14 PM.

Romulus_A's Avatar Semisalis

Default Quick Question

I've always been curious of this but, do building forts in the middle of roads cut off trade? I've never actually seen any noticable decrease in income, but I do see the little trade cart disappear right before it goes into the fort and not reappear.

Thanks .

"Gafflwn Dihenydd O’r fuddugol yn wiriol sydd, Ni fydd neb yn ein drechu, Falch ydy ni I drochu, Traed o flaen I’r Annwn, mewn y gwybodaeth fe godwn ni."

Default Re: Quick Question

I don't think so. Unless you build a fort in the middle of the road of an enemy province, but it would happen even if you didn't build the fort.

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR
    (Postponed Indefinitely. Too busy to write)

Sounds like an interesting theory, but I don't think so either.
    Varus? Where are my freaking legions?

Default Re: FAQ: Ask All Questions about Rome: Total War Here!

why all generals die betwen 65-70 years ? only flavious julius of julii lives 75 i think years .

Would be a cool (feature/bug) if it did, I think i might try it out.