Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13385354555657585960616263
Results 1,241 to 1,254 of 1254

Thread: Rome: Total War - FAQ

Default Re: FAQ: Ask All Questions about Rome: Total War Here!

Yes, the British do have some strong units like the head hurlers, druids & chariots but its a very tactful & risky playn style you have to adopt with them when going into battle due to how weak & difficult the chariots really are to use & as for the head hurlers they are very exposed unit which they can be easily picked out by enemy archers if in ranged of fire.. The only strong aspect I've noticed about the British is that most of there units have an effect to reduce enemy moral & increase theirs making them seem very well discipline for a barbarian faction, probably, as equal to the Romans in game.

Yes that will be the conventional way of playn as the Britons by startn a war with Gaul from the start & fighting your way thru France till you reach the Mediterranean Sea by taking Massilia or continuing to march towards Rome, but what fun is that? Its just an easier road to take as with them & won't provide a significant challenge to test your skills as a player...

The road I took with the British campaign I started 2days ago was I decided to ally with the Gaula since both are very identical in culture & people & decide to go at war with the Germans as being more of the challenging neighbor of the two.. My initial plan was to move & conquer the Germans westernmost province Trier & then marching on to Mogontiacum & holding the Germans from there as my main force kept marching south into Noricum & eventually reaching Illyria & developing that area well until I can build boats & start a raid invasion against all non barbarian civilization but it didn't not go according to plan due to betrayal, Dacia rapid expansion westward to Noricum blocking pasture into Illyria & elongated wars against the Germans. This is truly being the challenge I was craving for

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Recently I bought Rome Total War Collection on Steam and I wonder if Rome Total War Anthology is also a Steam game despite for being a retail version?

What I mean is to do the same as I did for Skyrim Legendary Edition since I already had Skyrim Limited Edition before I bought Skyrim Legendary Edition.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hey I only just got Rome Total War on steam i downloaded it but every time i run it It comes up with black screen then close's its self and goes back to desktop...
    Can someone help me Please

everytime I start to try and play it, the icon in the taskbar will show up, the screen goes black like it's starting up, then it just as quick instantly exits, I have no idea what to do

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Have you tried running the program as an administrator?
    Also, what are you using for windows and what is your system. Helps with troubleshooting for solutions.

I have rome total war gold edition on cd, but it doesnt work! http://prntscr.com/8r8cqi , please someone help???? I tried running in compatible mode, and administrator, but it doenst work, help!

What operating system are you running? Additionally if you aren't the administrator for your computer, have you tried running it on the actual administrator account?

I just downloaded RTW on my mac and it runs fine, but i didn't come with the romedata folder/disk image. I've previously owned this game on the pc and knew where to find the data folder, but it seems to be completely missing.

Hi guys I play for Bruti family and I get notified with ,,Chance for power" message but suddenly in few turns I wasnt able to attack Rome. I found out this after I ceasefire with Pontus and Egypt and move my troops to west so you can imagine I was quite angry when I found out I cant atack. Can someone explain my why is that ? I have not lost any settlements nor militarly power since I get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Str1k4 View Post
    I just downloaded RTW on my mac and it runs fine, but i didn't come with the romedata folder/disk image. I've previously owned this game on the pc and knew where to find the data folder, but it seems to be completely missing.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...on-a-Mac/page2 that probably isn't helpful, but sorry I use Windows. A good Google search might flush something out though as this does not appear a unique problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pali333 View Post
    Hi guys I play for Bruti family and I get notified with ,,Chance for power" message but suddenly in few turns I wasnt able to attack Rome. I found out this after I ceasefire with Pontus and Egypt and move my troops to west so you can imagine I was quite angry when I found out I cant atack. Can someone explain my why is that ? I have not lost any settlements nor militarly power since I get the message.
    Senate tab is probably the best place to check as it holds your stats and missions like that. If people like you more than the senate just wait around a bit and you should get another opportunity to attack, just keep a stack close and do it ASAP.

Also, make sure to not make peace with any of the Roman factions afterward or they will be undefeatable as you can't re attack.

I've been spent a few days looking on google, but no luck yet. My game didn't come with a romedata disk image like most people

You downloaded as an app from iTunes? If so try searching for this under itunes. I presume you are trying to get all factions? If so I might try out the all factions mod with installer.

No I downloaded it directly from the Feral website. Yea, specifically Numidia. The all factions mod only covers the playable factions though?

All factions mod if it works with Mac covers everyone except rebels.