Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome: Total War - FAQ

Default Re: FAQ: Ask All Questions about Rome: Total War Here!

Hi, I've seen in some videos, the player rotate units and make the formations deeper/shallower without using the mouse.

I don't have the manual for the game so how do you do it? Thanks a lot.

is someone interested in making a MOD with my? i'm not a very skilled modder but i'm good enough to make some things, and I know almost everything about greek and roman history so the historical part won't be difficult. I need someone who can make the campaign map, someone to make the units, a scripter and so on.

interested: contact me at: rick_hoi@live.nl or place a Reply on this post.

greetings Rick

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

The best place to go for modders and modding help is the Rome Workshop forum, which you can access from the Total War Eras page.

thanks for the tip :-)

Commander_Vimes's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by themont View Post
    Hi, I've seen in some videos, the player rotate units and make the formations deeper/shallower without using the mouse.

I don't have the manual for the game so how do you do it? Thanks a lot.
    You can use "," and "." to rotate the whole unit and "=" and "-" to change how deep shallow it is, has been very useful and I think should be mentioned in the tutorial...¬_¬

I knew about < and > but not about the = and -. So is = make it deeper and -shallower?

Commander_Vimes's Avatar Campidoctor

Can't quite remember, that I think it's that way round, makes sense though, just experiment, only take a click of a button to make it change back..

how can i get a movie of my battle ?

That depends if it was in campaign or a custom/multiplayer battle. If it was campaign, it's a lot harder. But if it was custom/multiplayer, then you just save the replay after the battle by clicking the camera button on the bottom right of the results scroll, then play the replay with Fraps on. By clicking the "record movie" every 30 seconds, you should get several clips that you can later edit together using Windows Movie Maker

LoL

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    If it was campaign, it's a lot harder.
    A lot harder because you have to video the entire thing with fraps, you mean? Or is there another way?

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Not through the game itself, you have to use other software to make the movies. But most of the free ones are not very good, and for good ones or continueing the trials you have to pay.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

I said it's harder in campaign cos you only get one shot to do it right. If it was multiplayer/custom, if you stuffed up, you could just play the replay again and record it again, but in campaign, once you've done the battlle, it's over. You can't do it again.

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Hi guys,

Im currently playing Rome Total Realism mod, and am pretty much half-way through the Roman campaign, to the point I already know I am going to win the game, have conquered half the map, but still have about 5 factions to go and half a map to conquer.

Thus, to ''speed things up a bit'', I was wondering, other than the create any units cheat and money giving cheat, are there any cheats where you can alter the happiness levels in settlements? Say like no matter how squalid, overtaxed or under garrisoned a town is, to always keep it 105+ happyness levels or in the green?

Also, is there a way from keeping your generals from dying from old age? I know if you keep saving/realoading all the time the general gets to like 135 and then the age resets itself back to zero, but doing that with 100+ generals is hard. And when you have half the map to take care off, every good general counts.

So is there a way to keep them from dying from old age?

THanks,
    Yuri

One question: I have uninstalled Rome: Total War but when I put the disc back in, it acts like it hasn't been uninstalled. Please help.

To Knonfoda, I have no idea as I have hardly ever employed cheats of any kind to do a thing like that.

To Chaotician, That depends on where you've uninstalled it from. If you just deleted all the game files, yes, it will act as though it is still there. Only if you go into your start menu, look in Rome Total War and click Uninstall, will it work.

To Knonfoda, I have no idea as I have hardly ever employed cheats of any kind to do a thing like that.

To Chaotician, That depends on where you've uninstalled it from. If you just deleted all the game files, yes, it will act as though it is still there. Only if you go into your start menu, look in Rome Total War and click Uninstall, will it work.
    Well, are there any modding experts I can ask about maybe editing the game files? There must be something to alter that I reckon.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    Hi guys,

Im currently playing Rome Total Realism mod, and am pretty much half-way through the Roman campaign, to the point I already know I am going to win the game, have conquered half the map, but still have about 5 factions to go and half a map to conquer.

Thus, to ''speed things up a bit'', I was wondering, other than the create any units cheat and money giving cheat, are there any cheats where you can alter the happiness levels in settlements? Say like no matter how squalid, overtaxed or under garrisoned a town is, to always keep it 105+ happyness levels or in the green?

Also, is there a way from keeping your generals from dying from old age? I know if you keep saving/realoading all the time the general gets to like 135 and then the age resets itself back to zero, but doing that with 100+ generals is hard. And when you have half the map to take care off, every good general counts.

So is there a way to keep them from dying from old age?

THanks,
    Yuri
    There is no such cheats, although the first problem can be solved by adding absurd happiness bonuses to the government buildings. You'd have to restart the campaign though. Re-post this request in the Rome Workshop, and someone will tell you how.

Uh oh I think I deleted the uninstall. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    There is no such cheats, although the first problem can be solved by adding absurd happiness bonuses to the government buildings. You'd have to restart the campaign though. Re-post this request in the Rome Workshop, and someone will tell you how.
    OK I will. Thanks.

Although I don't think i'll be restarting the campaign lol, having gotten this far I don't think I could do it again lol.