Thread: Independant greeks divided

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Default Independant greeks divided

I had a great idea what if You could make the independant greek factions Independant city factions. Sparta is one of course The two cities in the crimea are a faction Crete is a faction Rhodes is a faction Syracuse is a faction.

I dont know if this has been discussed before but I would like to see it I also know this would probably require too much work since you would have to make some new units and banners etc for all the new city factions.

What do you think of this idea I thought of it because of someone who made a spartans thread on the normal xgm forums wondering i they were independant.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Independant greeks divided

Just ummm forget this as now I realise it would take far too much work but still I beleive this could be a good add on for some people.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

well, i think a one city faction is useless, we would be best off with the aetolian league and some equivalent to the EB Koinin Hellenon (who controls athens sparta and rhodes.

strong rebels could easily replace many fo these greek rebel regions.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Kreiglord:
    Unfortunately RTW doesn't allow for any more factions to be included, so my options are limited. The Achaean League works well enough and IGCS is also lots of fun to play - I'm probably never going to consider removing any of those factions from xgmD.

Paul d:
    Well, the thing is Aetolian league really didn't become a considerable power before 230's BC and Achaea works perfect as a local buffer faction between Sparta and Macedon. Koinon Hellenon doesn't really fit into the time period - the Aegean League which got removed from the game before the first release consisted of Athens, Rhodes and Crete would fit the time period perfectly.
    At the moment they are represented as some strong independent cities...

If you have any other ideas, I'll be glad to hear them out..
    Last edited by RedFox; December 17, 2007 at 09:21 AM.