Thread: M2TW Democracy Game

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default M2TW Democracy Game

To all those who like YATS, I bring you the M2TW Democracy game by Bluice

The Democracy Game in a nutshell.

It is a concept which is based around the idea that everyone registers as a citizen and can contribute as much or as little as they want to the growth of a campaign with the Kaiser fulfilling the turn requests put forth by his/her Ministry.

A Government and Supreme Court is elected and then they see through their term in carrying out their duties designated to them from the Holy Laws (game rules), terms at the moment last for 10 turns. It could range from a Minister of Interior (MOI) organizing their taxes or allocating buildings to be built, to the Minister of Defence (MOD) who fights our battles and liaises with the MOI to discuss allocation of funds to recruit armies for the Empire.

Citizens are welcome to raise any points they may want to discuss with any of the Ministers and therefore have their voice heard to promote a democratic concept. The Ministers do have the final say in what happens in regards to their responsibilities, but fulfilling the public’s concerns will surely get them the votes they will need to stay in office another term. To stop a government official spiraling out of control on a tangent they can be impeached by the Supreme Court from which any citizen can request this process requiring a vote from all citizens.

We record all turn reports with a saved game file for public viewing so citizens get a visual idea of where the Empire is heading at that time in a sticky thread along with stats and screenshots if you cannot open the saved game at that moment.

An element of role play is currently being discussed so that we may add such ideas like political parties who can debate the needs of the Empire come election time and stick to their policies which may differ from a peaceful party to a warmongering party.

If we come across an issue that could halt gameplay that needs to be resolved, for example we had to discuss the ins and outs of crusades and who is responsible for them and their effects. Then we put forth an amendment proposal, if the poll is won then it is added to the Holy Laws. Providing the possibility to mould and reform the Holy Laws to see through any problems that may arise.

With all necessary information at easy access it really can’t hurt to come across and just be a silent citizen if you like, if you have any questions please PM me or email me on grantattard@gmail.com .

Bluice
    (Grant)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Default Re: M2TW Democracy Game

I saw it. Though I can't do it because I already have Lands To Conquer and Das Heillige Roemische Reich.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

The Democracy Game is reviving. All who are interested should join up now.
    All Hail the King!

Interested In Forming Up A Totally New Type Of
    Immersive Online Democracy Game?
    Head On Over To Here. And Reply To The Thread, We Have Big Plans.

The Kingdom Needs You & Everyone You Know!

I AM THE RIGHTFULL KING OF ENGLAND, NOT YOU!

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

ACHTUNG!: Pay no attention to the King of England above (not Paul, but the other guy). That revival has failed. A new revival, led by Caesar226 and myself, has now begun. Link is featured prominently in my sig; you should sign up there and not where Ol' King said to above.

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE NEW MIITW DEMOCRACY GAME. THANK YOU.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOfSicily View Post
    THANK YOU.
    You're welcome. I'm thinking of joining, since I now have M2 back in my hands. The problem is the amount of time I can spend on it, I already spend too little time on YATS (because I have too little time), so if I will join it will be in another two or three weeks.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.