Thread: Partial Retirement??

Default Partial Retirement??

As I was browsing I found that Sicilian Vespers' last post was related to a "Partial Retirement" in the development forum (where of course I have no permission to see).
    Is SV himself (partially) retiring or a member of the team? :hmmm:
    ΝΙΨΟΝΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑΜΗΜΟΝΑΝΟΨΙΝ

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Partial Retirement??

It's not SV, it's me who made this thread due to my real life constraints (and due to my hardcore-modding-past since the middle of 2005), i'll be less available in future for modding and managing in M2/SV projects, and the same is valid for any other mod projects, where i participate.

I wonder how you could see this thread-title :hmmm: ... do we have a secret-bug with the dev forum? ConstantineVII, are you a TWC-moderator?

It would be nice, if you would use next time for such cases the PM-function, than to make a public thread out of a normally hidden thread.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 15, 2007 at 10:26 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Dear DV,
    neither was nor am nor ever wannabe a mod. It's just that when you browse someone's name you can see the THREAD TITLE only of his last post. That's that.
    I also had the dilemma you describe and I understand and respect your point of view. After a long consideration I decided to go public because I assumed that lot of people are gonna see the thread title in either case and probably a neat public answer would be the best.
    On the other hand, it was you not two months ago that requested some beta testers and at the same time most threads present new features of the mod; a mod that is not released. Thus I thought that a dev threat under the title "partial retirement" should be shared with the people supporting this mod and anxiously awaiting for the next relese. That is what I would have done anyway, no disrespect meant.
    Nevertheless, if you still believe that this should be kept private please ask a Moderator to erase it.

Sincere Regards
    Constantine

Just to make things very clear, I am not retiring. I have been extremely busy at work recently, and this is the reason for my absense from the forum this week.

Work still continues on SV, I am currently adding Disgruntled Goat's Russian skins

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantineVII View Post
    Dear DV,
    neither was nor am nor ever wannabe a mod. It's just that when you browse someone's name you can see the THREAD TITLE only of his last post. That's that.
    I also had the dilemma you describe and I understand and respect your point of view. After a long consideration I decided to go public because I assumed that lot of people are gonna see the thread title in either case and probably a neat public answer would be the best.
    On the other hand, it was you not two months ago that requested some beta testers and at the same time most threads present new features of the mod; a mod that is not released. Thus I thought that a dev threat under the title "partial retirement" should be shared with the people supporting this mod and anxiously awaiting for the next relese. That is what I would have done anyway, no disrespect meant.
    Nevertheless, if you still believe that this should be kept private please ask a Moderator to erase it.

Sincere Regards
    Constantine
    Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that it is possible to view any thread-titles by searching for members' profiles, and i actually consider this as a flaw of the technical forum structure.

I'm a moderator for this forum, and could erase it too if i would like btw..

It's okay to have it now public, but i disagree though, because it would be just our (or mine) decision to make it public or not and especially when (independant from technical possibilities of the forum that you described!) ... that's the reason for my last paragraph in the above post of mine ... but it's not a big issue to me, so take it easy

... it was you not two months ago that requested some beta testers and at the same time most threads present new features of the mod; a mod that is not released.
    Anyway, there will be a lot new content in the next release, that is done by me in the last months since release of 2.5, complete independant from an actual partial retirement theme of my person now. Despite this, a personal PM-request to SV himself about such a dev forum thread-title would have fitted better imo. - again, it should be a decision of the devs, which info goes out and which info not or just when, i think you can agree here, not? And if you are that curious though, then just pm the concerned person.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 16, 2007 at 01:44 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Your opinion is respected. Apologies

(glad it's not a big issue after all. Where do I vote against your partial retirement thought? )

Patrician Artifex

Where do I vote against your partial retirement thought?
    I'll be more in the background in future regarding my mod project memberships of SV, Chivalry I TW and now again of FRRE releases ... and have the plan to play more (and doing my personal used mods of different mods that i favorise to play) than to modding (publicly) in the next year ... but will still and always support those public projects.

Thanks for your stated understandment of my concerns
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 16, 2007 at 01:59 PM.