Thread: Campaign Descriptions/Screenshots

Default Campaign Descriptions/Screenshots

Might be a thread like this, I cannot remember, and could not find it.

Any-who, came back to this terrific mod lately, since I've left my job (God bless being in high school and not needing work for sustenance, and being a total miser so I still have most of the money I made) and had more time to play.

Started the Sertorius campaign, which was a challenge to me when I first tried it.

More or less, using the initial armies, I went severely into debt and swept the Romans from Iberia (Gades being last to fall)

I then took Narbo Martius.

This is where I asked myself the question, what now? In Iberia, Gades was about to fall, and I had a small force of troops who I was thinking of using against the Iberians. Sertorius and Perpenna were with a large army, made up of a core of Sertorian veteran legionaries and Iberian allies. It was 67 BC or so, Spartacus had been crushed after taking Brundism, the Romans were weak on my front, but sending some reinforcements which would have been enough to outnumber my small (relatively speaking) force. As far as I could see with my spies, which combed everything West of Italia, the Roman effort in the area was directed against the Alps, they had recently made peace with the Dacians, but were at war with the Bruecteri.

As we all know, the Gods favor the bold, so I came up with the idea of striking at the heart of the empire. Bypassing Masillia, I marched east into Italy, ending up just south of the Po and north of Genua. An enemy army had formed at Masillia, and as I moved through the Alps besieged Narbo Martius, which had a small garrison. I now thought of turning back, but then figured either they would break off the siege, or I would capture Rome, which would be a bigger score than Narbo Martius.

I find myself forced to besiege Arminium to make it to Rome, while encamped at the city, my army is attacked by a large relieving army under a young Cicero. In a grand battle, my army thrashed the armies thrown against me, Cicero and Catalus were slain, and Arminium captured.

Seeing that I could retrain my men, I did. Over the next four or five turns, I proceeded to retrain and train a unit of legionaries, and get besieged by medium sized besieging armies. Using Sertorius' night-fighting capabilities, I proceeded to isolate each army the hurl them off the field of battle.

When the opportunity presented itself, I quickly moved on Rome, sat my army across the Tiber, and started the siege.

Marcus Crassus launched an assault to relieve the city, it was a futile effort, setting my men far off from the bridge, I proceeded to attack the army which was poorly organized and coming at me in a haphazard manner. Rome fell to my troops.

The GODS may favor the bold, but the MODS do not.

That is Quintius the Orator, also known as Quintius the Victor, Quintius of the Eagles, and most of all, as Quintius Sertorius.

That was the turn before last.

The large army which was scripted to appear, appeared. Sixteen units of legionaries, two full legions, more or less. Along with the second army encamped on the Tiber.

A combined assault was launched soon there-after. I used the many roads as choke points, and sent my slingers to occupy the walls after the enemy had entered the city. Through a brave fight was put up, and the enemy leader was slain and two thirds of the foe vanquished, my army was struck down to the last man. My leader was slain.

Arminium is under siege as well, with a poor garrison and my new faction leader, Perpenna, under the threat of death.

In Iberia, an army of mine faces the Iberians, my allies, across the rivers and mountain ranges of the north. A large force of Romans appears to be on the move toward the area. Narbo Martius had fallen when Arminium had.

My lord, do I love this mod! Cannot wait for Caesar.

Hurry up folks, tell your tales. Perhaps a bit more picture wise, I am very stingy with that.

Default Re: Campaign Descriptions/Screenshots

A really bold move, my friend. And too bad that it ended so tragically. Sometimes it is good to struck at the enemies' heart...but not in mods with scripted features

[IMG][/IMG]
    Battle of Lucullus vs Mithridates

The Legionaries pin down the phalanx while auxiliaries flank them at their left an the third line is still awaiting its decisive charge.
    58BC: CAESAR "RELEASED!"
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; January 13, 2008 at 09:50 PM.

I love battle pictures!

greenypeace's Avatar Laetus

Hello all)

I would like to tell you about my unforgettable battles in 58BC and 77BC 2 mods)

First I am going to show and tell you about 77BC 2 mod.

At this picture my army was attacked by enemy who had as bigger than I had cohors legioneries and I used an advantage of the territory in the corner.

Here is a computer attacked me in my left flank intending to break my formation and this attack was launched after a long time moving near my line. Also you can see the fighting between my and enemy's centurion's. The battle of Titan's from each sides! ;=)

Ratio is 1 to 3 or 1 to 2 ))) on the left flank, it's very very hard

At this picture I used the moment of the battle and round up the 3 cohors legionaries and 1 prima cohors legionaries by taking the impetuous attack in the back of spqr legionaries and they couldn't stay from this action and they had broken. Two of my cohors made a cover line and took on themselves all another forces of the enemy.

After all my residuary alive soldiers celebrated this hard battle.

i believe none of you pics work my friend.... would love to see them though
    One land, One king

Proud member of the SPQR TW community

Hello all)

Second

58BC mod battle between my 8 legion and two armies of Britain faction - Catuavellini(I don't remember how it's correct). This battle was after I arrived to British island and with 4 spies laid siege the C single city. I thougth that after took a Velarmon I will crush the enemy but I was wrong and at the next motion I attacked two armies expecting to destroy all residuary forces of the enemy. You can see how the battle was hard ) I nearly lose the game. And computer considered that this battle is not a heroic but only average. )))

PS: all battle's was at vh/vh complexity
    Last edited by greenypeace; January 15, 2008 at 12:05 AM.

how do you get multiple screenshots in one battle game alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    how do you get multiple screenshots in one battle game alone?

Just push button "Print Scrn SysRq" in any moments of the battle which you will like then go to open "paint" in programms and save it like a "save as"

Yeah I know.. but doesnt it when you open paste on paint again it only shows the old screenshot? I havent tried getting 3 to 5 screenies from one battle game in RTW...

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

guys, download a program called "FRAPS" and you will be able to take multiple screenshots.
    the free version creates .bmp pictures only.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    Yeah I know.. but doesnt it when you open paste on paint again it only shows the old screenshot? I havent tried getting 3 to 5 screenies from one battle game in RTW...

I always use ctrl+n(new white pic) after I save screenshot like a "save as" and I use ctrl+v(paste screenshot). I do nothing more

Among all the battle pictures, those of massacred enemies are the ones I like the most

By the way, if anyone is interested, we need to add loading screens to 77BC 3. So if you have a cool picture, we can always include it. You are also welcome to modify it with Photoshop or however you want.

Great salvor.. If you still approve of my help.. Let me get started with this.. its been the shelf for quiet a while now...

If you like the normal colored one here it is

Its about the last of Spartacus...
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; January 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM.