Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethnic Traits project.

Default Re: Ethnic Traits project.

OK, I understand the anti-trait issue now, I thought it was the other way around, in that a trait could have only 20 anti-traits. Then it might work.
    Like, the character must have the "from Greece proper" trait (it could be hidden) to have one of the Greek city traits. I don't know whether that would work at all, from what you've said it doesn't seem like it.

Are you talking about the old Rome offices from the vanilla version?
    Μολών λαβέ ! (Come and get Them!),"So much the better," replied Leonidas, "for we shall fight them in the shade."

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Quote Originally Posted by GREGORIOS TG View Post
    Are you talking about the old Rome offices from the vanilla version?
    Now all office have been turn into ancillaries now. Some of them just rip off from old vanilla traits with new conditions.

Hey Naut I just tried out your current projects about the ethnic traits and the roman offices. Its great up untill after one turn and it goes to CTD. BUt great project are trying to find out those codes. And another question. Are you going to give the greeks cities states their own city reps? Like for example A Spartan is from Sparta, and a Athenian is from Athens.
    Μολών λαβέ ! (Come and get Them!),"So much the better," replied Leonidas, "for we shall fight them in the shade."

Quote Originally Posted by GREGORIOS TG View Post
    Hey Naut I just tried out your current projects about the ethnic traits and the roman offices. Its great up untill after one turn and it goes to CTD. BUt great project are trying to find out those codes. And another question. Are you going to give the greeks cities states their own city reps? Like for example A Spartan is from Sparta, and a Athenian is from Athens.
    Yes. GCS get all city state traits which will add chance when you actually control that city. (in early you will get chance of father's city state a lot but gradually lower each time you control new greek city.) Spartan already get their own from DimeBagHo work but others I already add it. All starting family member still doesn't get subtribe traits due to it need to edit [rome]/xgm/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt. which DimeBagHo is reserve it to do this himself.

For about CTD, I don't know much about modification and how to check their problem so I already ask DimeBagHo for help but if he is too busy I might try to fix it myself.
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 08, 2008 at 03:39 AM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

I fixed a bunch of bugs in the last version posted here. This one will work for at least one turn.

Now I already test DimeBagHo's correction version. I play it for at least for 7 turn as roman and still doesn't have any problem of CTD yet, but beyond that need further testing. I have no time to test more since I just move out of my parent home and still have no myown computer as well as time to play/test gameplay CTD.
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 07, 2008 at 08:01 PM.

Awesome thanks, I just tried it out and it's fixed! Thanks Dime and Naunt! Its so worth starting OVER with the Romans and the Greeks so I could play it.

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

Is this supberb effort included in 5.6.1?

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
    Is this supberb effort included in 5.6.1?
    I hope so but this is up to DimeBagHo.

Hey Naut, I have a question about the ethnic trait. It is not showing up during the game and the only greeks who has it is the SPartans. Can you enlight me on this trait deal to me. And when wil like the other traits show up for the athenians etc?

Some minor tribes/cities traits need to edit file [rome]/xgm/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt to show up due to triggering condition are searching for father's (or father in law's) trait to trigger them but Dime want to edit this file by himself so it was not currently include.

Traits that need descr_strat.txt to trigger properly

Celtic tribes
    Greek City states(except Spartan(Agoge training) which already include by DimeBagHo in orginal XGM.)
    Roman's political party(Optimates, Populares)
    Parthian's noble houses

All other minor tribes traits also need editing descr_strat.txt in lesser degree.

It also need to remove old culture traits from descr_strat.txt too.

Today I just try on this project a bit more and found that there are bug in adoption/marriage which cause character to not recieve ethnic trait properly. After investigate more i found problem due to "FatherTrait" command work only with coming of age character. So I restructure many condition about adopt/marriage to not use "FatherTrait" command.

I just test my new beta vesion about 10 turns and now have no CTD yet. I also test it by german faction and it currently work fine since now both main ethnic and minor tribes are coming along with character when game ask you to accept him.

I have no time to test on other factions anyone who willingly to test this module please report bug here.

There are some subtribe traits that still not spawn in game due to need to edit [rome]/xgm/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt are here

1) Roman political trait (Populares, Optimates)
    2) 7 Parthian house
    3) Celtic tribes (some would be occationally appear but still not work properly)
    4) Greek City states(except Spartan(Agoge training) which already include by DimeBagHo in orginal XGM.) (some would be occationally appear but still not work properly)
    5) Other subtribe would work properly after edit file

I'm sorry. I have problem on upload it to forum by myself. I have already sent file to Dime and ask him to upload for me.
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 14, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

Hi there,

I'm a complete XGM novice and I haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I think the ethnic traits idea is great. I'm all for anything that adds immersion.

I just read a book on the Gaul leader Vercingetorix. Apparently Gaul leaders had to demonstrate their bravery before warriors would follow them. Is this an ethnic trait? It would suggest that Gaul warrior performance would improve under (proven) brave leaders.

It also suggests that bravery was considered the top trait for a leader, perhaps over anything else.

Does this Help?

Meanwhile, many thanks for this work. Will the ethnic traits be incorporated into the next version of XGM? Or will it be an add-on?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Javolenus: That's a pretty good idea. All generals run the risk of gaining cowardice traits if they don't take part in combat in a battle. Perhaps for barbarians the effects should be made more severe - so that their leaders really need to take part in combat.

Primicerius

Do the Celts get a morale bonus (just +1, nothing higher). If what Javolenus said is true, then maybe they should get a morrale bonus for their troops, as they're 'proven' to be brave.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Today I just try on this project a bit more and found that there are bug in adoption/marriage which cause character to not recieve ethnic trait properly. After investigate more i found problem due to "FatherTrait" command work only with coming of age character. So I restructure many condition about adopt/marriage to not use "FatherTrait" command.

I just test my new beta vesion about 10 turns and now have no CTD yet. I also test it by german faction and it currently work fine since now both main ethnic and minor tribes are coming along with character when game ask you to accept him.

I have no time to test on other factions anyone who willingly to test this module please report bug here.

There are some subtribe traits that still not spawn in game due to need to edit [rome]/xgm/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt are here

1) Roman political trait (Populares, Optimates)
    2) 7 Parthian house
    3) Celtic tribes (some would be occationally appear but still not work properly)
    4) Greek City states(except Spartan(Agoge training) which already include by DimeBagHo in orginal XGM.) (some would be occationally appear but still not work properly)
    5) Other subtribe would work properly after edit file

I'm sorry. I have problem on upload it to forum by myself. I have already sent file to Dime and ask him to upload for me.
    File version 3.1 have been remove due to newer version come out.
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 14, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

All bravery related traits (RomanHero for roman, Brave for others) already add bonus on troop morale and for barbarian general on frontline I just already add trait "BarbarianWarriorSkill" in ethnic traits project to serve these, the more general kill enemy by himself more stronger general's bodyguard are plus some bonus on troop morale.
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 13, 2008 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    Javolenus: That's a pretty good idea. All generals run the risk of gaining cowardice traits if they don't take part in combat in a battle. Perhaps for barbarians the effects should be made more severe - so that their leaders really need to take part in combat.
    I have edit it accord to your will. This new version just give double chance for barbarian general to get coward trait if they not join combat or rout during battle more easier than the civilized one. Say goodbye to barbarian's general sitting duck who command battle from nearby hill, now it is time for true man.(Only barbarian group which most of their supreme commander won't join combat is Mongol but this come from Genghis Khan work on command line and organization and before they became supreme commander, they have already proved bravery and cunning in battle anyway.)

I have no time to test on gameplay. Anyone who willingly to test this module please report bug here.
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 24, 2008 at 10:36 PM.