Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethnic Traits project.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Ethnic Traits project.

To ArchBaker: Thank you for ideas. I'm now complete coding all traits about Romans social classes you suggested.

Here is current progress of triggering conditions

done
    Outcast (Outcast trait for rebel slaves is complete) (done)
    Roman (only ethnics for Rome and roman rebel) (done)
    Egyptian (minor marriage/adopt option for Ptolemios) (done)
    Nubian (choice for marriage for Ptolemios) (done)
    Indian (rare marriage option for Baktria) (done)
    Baktrian (rare marriage option for Baktria) (done)
    German (only ethnic for Germans) (done)
    Iberian (main ethnics for Iberia) (done)
    Thracian (main ethnic traits for Thrace) (done)

Roman social structure (done)

Partially done
    Hellenic (for all Greeks factions, minor marriage/adopt option for Thrace and Pontus) (almost done, no trigger condition for Pontus yet, ~90% Complete)
    Celt (only ethnic for Gaul and IndyGaul and marriage/adopt option for Iberia, marriage option for Pontus) (almost done, no trigger condition for Pontus yet, ~90% Complete)
    Jewish (rare choice for adoption for Saba and Ptolemios) (already code Ptolemios conditions, no Saba conditions and growth conditions yet, ~20% Complete)

Not yet working on.
    Western Civilized
    Anatolian (marriage/adopt option for Pontus) (still need to code triggering conditions)

Barbarian
    Scythian (Starting family ethnics trait for Scythia) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Sarmatian (50% of marriage/adopt option for Scythia) (still need to code triggering conditions)

Eastern Civilized
    Punic (main ethnics for Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Berber (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Libyo-Phoenician (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Puno-Iberian (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Puno-Celtiberian (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Puno-Hellenic (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Persian (main ethnic for Armenia, starting family member ethnic for Pontus, marriage option for Parthia) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Pahlavan (main ethnic for Parthia) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Armenian (choice for adopt/marriage for Armenia and Pontus) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Arab (main ethnic for Saba's family members) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Ethiopian (rare choice for marriage for Saba) (still need to code triggering conditions)

Minor subtribe
    greek cities (still need to code triggering conditions)
    celtic tribes (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Iberian tribes (still need to code triggering conditions and conditions Celtic_Influence)
    thracian tribes (still need to code triggering conditions and conditions Celtic_Influence)
    Arab tribes (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Parthian Houses (need to rework on triggering code)
    gemans tribes (need to rework on triggering code and conditions Celtic_Influence)
    Scythian tribe (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Sarmatian tribe (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Last edited by Suppanut; December 30, 2007 at 08:33 AM.

I just get some more idea on traits on barbarian skill and knowledge.

"BarbarianHuntingSkill" compose of 3 level
    ¬--------------------

{Dweller_of_The_Forest} Dweller of The Forest

{Dweller_of_The_Forest_desc}
    For this man, forest is just like his own playground. He always know what going on in it.

{Dweller_of_The_Forest_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when Ambush, +1 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted)

¬--------------------

{Hunter} Hunter

{Hunter_desc}
    This man is not only a warrior but also a hunter. He can track down animals faraway and hunt them. To hunt human is much easier for him.

{Hunter_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when Ambush, +2 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted)

¬--------------------

{Master_Hunter} Master Hunter

{Master_Hunter_desc}
    This man is not only a warrior but also the tribe's master hunter who know all mastery of the forest and the art of hunting. He can use his skill to hunt down the enemies as well as sustain his men in the prolong war.

{Master_Hunter_Craftsmen_effects_desc}
    +1 Command, +3 Command when Ambush, +4 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted), +10% to Movement Points (gives armies the ability to forced march), Improves the chances of casualties recovering from their wounds.

To CaesarVincens: Proofreading/editing for me please.
    Last edited by Suppanut; December 30, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

I think the main ethnic for Armenia should be Armenian, not Persian. The Armenians had their own distinct culture, otherwise they could not survive so long between Rome and Parthia. Also the term "Anatolian" is more like a geographical expression than the name of the certain ethnic group.

Luc.

Actually, the Armenian royal Family of that time were of persian blood, I think descendants of the old Satraps. But they also had a big portion of Baktrian blood in them, but all that I know is from EB and the Biography trait of the Armenian king. And Anatolian really is a bad expression. There were Galatians, Persians, Greeks, Phrygians, Karians, Kappadocians and Thracians, but no such culture or ethnic group like "Anatolian"
    I also think that "Egyptian" and "Nubian" aren't suited for the Ptolemies. They were known for not developing close ties to their natives, let alone marrying them. Jewish is better, but Thracian and even Galatian would be better options for ethnic traits (historically great numbers of Galatians migrated to Egypt and helped the Pharaohs with putting down many native rebellions. They were so many that they were even organised in a distinctive unit of swordsmen)

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit http://www.HellenicGenocide.org

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

Here´s some further information about Armenian dynasties:

http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/l...armol-2-R.html

"Yervanduni is the name given to a family whose members were appointed by the Medes and Persians as governors in Armenia over the period 585 - 200 B.C. At least four of these governors were named Yervand. Their ethnic background is not clear. Most now believe the Urartuan and Armenian ethnicities to have been distinct, and it is not certain from which culture the Yervandunis originated. The Yervandunis were related somehow to the Persians, if not by blood, at least through bonds of marriage."

"Yervanduni rule finally came to an end in roughly 200 B.C., when they were overthrown by the Armenian noble Artashes, incited to revolt by the Seleucids."

Armenians were surely influenced by the Persians and later the Greeks, but I think, they still had their own national identity.

Luc.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Erobara View Post
    Actually, the Armenian royal Family of that time were of persian blood, I think descendants of the old Satraps. But they also had a big portion of Baktrian blood in them, but all that I know is from EB and the Biography trait of the Armenian king. And Anatolian really is a bad expression. There were Galatians, Persians, Greeks, Phrygians, Karians, Kappadocians and Thracians, but no such culture or ethnic group like "Anatolian"
    I also think that "Egyptian" and "Nubian" aren't suited for the Ptolemies. They were known for not developing close ties to their natives, let alone marrying them. Jewish is better, but Thracian and even Galatian would be better options for ethnic traits (historically great numbers of Galatians migrated to Egypt and helped the Pharaohs with putting down many native rebellions. They were so many that they were even organised in a distinctive unit of swordsmen)
    For Nubian, This trait is just represent Nubian Prince. Their dynasty have very good relation with ptolemios as well as other egyptian kingdom. But I have them as the rare choice for adopt or marriage.

For Egyptian, I will turn them to have as rare adopt option only. I'm quite sure that many people want to see egyptian around.

Persian for Armenia starting family member is good as soon marriage and adopt of the local Armenian will swarm and replace as majority and authority just like history but less bloody one.

For Anatolian, I don't know how to catagorized or what should I called. Maybe I should give them subtribe(Phrygians, Karians, Kappadocians, Cilician etc) to sastisfy you all. And if any one have idea about what should anatolian call please tell me.

Thanks for your idea and suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Scythian
    ¬--------------------

{Tauri} Tauri

{Tauri_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Tauri tribe. They are described as living "entirely off of war and plundering". They worship a virgin goddess, to whom they sacrificed humans.

{Tauri_effects_desc}
    10% Bonus cash gain from looting

{Tauri_epithet_desc} of the Tauri

¬--------------------

{Maeotae} Maeotae

{Maeotae_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Maeotae tribe. They lived partly on fishing, and partly on tilling the land, but were no less warlike than their nomad neighbors.

{Maeotae_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when commanding infantry, +1 farming output

{Maeotae_epithet_desc} of the Maeotae

¬--------------------

{Massagetae} Massagetae

{Massagetae_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Massagetae tribe. They were similar to the Scythians in their dress and mode of living. Each man had one wife, yet their wives were held in common, this custom differentiated the Massagetae from the Scythians. They worship only one god, the god of the sun for whom they practiced ritual patricide and cannibalism. They are also more adept at fighting on foot than other nomads.

{Massagetae_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when commanding infantry, +2 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted)

{Massagetae_epithet_desc} of the Massagetae

¬--------------------

{sakae} Sakae

{sakae_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Sakae tribe. The Sakae were the Scythians who lived in the eastern part of Central Asia. They were honored for brave and courageous uprisings against injustice. They were also famous for being proud of their culture and language. They were also famous for their gold.

{sakae_effects_desc}
    +1 to law (improves public order), 20% Bonus on mining income, +5% barbarian Immigration

{sakae_epithet_desc} of the Sakae

¬--------------------

{Budini} Budini

{Budini_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Budini tribe. Different from other Scythians, they lived in cities in the thick northern forest and live by hunting there.

{Budini_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when ambushing

{Budini_epithet_desc} of the Budini

¬--------------------

{Legae} Legae

{Legae_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Legae tribe, a tribe living north of the Caucasus. They are constant allies of the Persians in the war against Armenia.

{Legae_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when fighting against eastern enemies, +2 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted)

{Legae_epithet_desc} of the Legae

¬--------------------

{Tissagetae} Tissagetae

{Tissagetae_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Tissagetae tribe, a numerous people and of separate race from the others inhabiting the southern Urals. They lived by hunting.

{Tissagetae_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when Ambush, +2 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted)

{Tissagetae_epithet_desc} of the Tissagetae

¬--------------------

{Inconsequential_Tribe5} Inconsequential Tribe

{Inconsequential_Tribe5_desc}
    This man was born into a less influential tribe and has trouble uniting other tribes under his command.

{Inconsequential_Tribe5_effects_desc}
    -1 Command, -1 Influence, +5% Barbarian Immigration

¬--------------------

{Respected_Tribe5} Respected Tribe

{Respected_Tribe5_desc}
    This man was born into a tribe that is well respected, but not widely known outside the Steppe.

{Respected_Tribe5_effects_desc}
    +2 Influence, +5% Barbarian Immigration

Sarmatian
    ¬--------------------

{Sauromatae} Sauromatae

{Sauromatae_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Sauromatae tribe, the dominant tribal group during the early period of Sarmatian history. They were supposed to have been descended from a mingling of Amazon women and Scythian Gargarii.

{Sauromatae_effects_desc}
    +2 to the valour of your general's bodyguards, +1 troop morale

{Sauromatae_epithet_desc} of the Sauromatae

¬--------------------

{Iazyges} Iazyges

{Iazyges_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Iazyges tribe, the westernmost Sarmatians. The Iazyges were divided into freemen and serfs (Sarmatae Limigantes). These serfs had a different manner of life and were probably an older settled population, enslaved by nomadic masters.

{Iazyges_effects_desc}
    Increases the rate of population growth in regions where slaves are plentiful

{Iazyges_epithet_desc} of the Iazyges

¬--------------------

{Roxolani} Roxolani

{Roxolani_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Roxolani tribe, also known as "wagon-dwellers." They are well-known for their heavy armour and their heavy cavalry fighting style.

{Roxolani_effects_desc}
    +2 to your general's hitpoints (how many hits your general can take before dying)

{Roxolani_epithet_desc} of the Roxolani

¬--------------------

{Aorsi} Aorsi

{Aorsi_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Aorsi tribe. They were long distance caravan traders who controlled trade between the east and the west by the northern path of Silk Road.

{Aorsi_effects_desc}
    10% bonus on all trade income

{Aorsi_epithet_desc} of the Aorsi

¬--------------------

{Alans} Alans

{Alans_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Alans tribe, one of the most powerful Sarmatians tribe. They specialized in horse breeding. They often raided Parthian land.

{Alans_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when fighting against eastern enemies, 10% discount on animal unit training costs

{Alans_epithet_desc} of the Alans

¬--------------------

{Bosporans} Bosporans

{Bosporans_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Bosporans tribe, the tribe that conquered and (more or less) settled the Crimean peninsula. They consisted of a Hellenized aristocracy, ruling Greek colonies. Their army differs from the standard Sarmatian army by virtue of including large numbers of auxilia, both irregular and regular, of good quality.

{Bosporans_effects_desc}
    +1 Command, +1 Command when commanding infantry

{Bosporans_epithet_desc} of the Bosporans

¬--------------------

{Siracae} Siracae

{Siracae_desc}
    This man was born or adopted into the Siracae tribe, a relatively small Sarmatian group that occupied the southern edges of the steppe along the Black Sea and in Ciscaucasia. They initiated a process of settlement and Hellenization and became sedentary. They resorted to infantry more than any other Sarmatians

{Siracae_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when commanding infantry, -1 Command when commanding cavalry, +1 farming output

{Siracae_epithet_desc} of the Siracae

¬--------------------

{Inconsequential_Tribe6} Inconsequential Tribe

{Inconsequential_Tribe6_desc}
    This man was born into a less influential tribe and has trouble uniting other tribes under his command.

{Inconsequential_Tribe6_effects_desc}
    -1 Command, -1 Influence, +5% Barbarian Immigration

¬--------------------

{Respected_Tribe6} Respected Tribe

{Respected_Tribe6_desc}
    This man was born into a tribe that is well respected but not widely known outside the Steppe.

{Respected_Tribe6_effects_desc}
    +2 Influence, +5% Barbarian Immigration

{Dweller_of_The_Forest} Dweller of The Forest

{Dweller_of_The_Forest_desc}
    For this man, the forest is like his own playground. He always knows what going on in it.

{Dweller_of_The_Forest_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when Ambush, +1 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted)

¬--------------------

{Hunter} Hunter

{Hunter_desc}
    This man is not only a warrior, but also a hunter. He can track down animals faraway and hunt them. To hunt humans is much easier for him, too.

{Hunter_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when Ambush, +2 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted)

¬--------------------

{Master_Hunter} Master Hunter

{Master_Hunter_desc}
    This man is not only a warrior, but also the tribe's master hunter who has mastery over the ways of the forest and the art of hunting. He can use his skill to hunt down the enemies as well as sustain his men in a prolonged war.

{Master_Hunter_Craftsmen_effects_desc}
    +1 Command, +3 Command when Ambush, +4 to line of sight (increases the range at which enemies are spotted), +10% to Movement Points (gives armies the ability to forced march), Improves the chances of casualties recovering from their wounds.
    Very good traits, not much I had to edit, too.:thumbsup4

For Anatolian, I don't know how to catagorized or what should I called. Maybe I should give them subtribe(Phrygians, Karians, Kappadocians, Cilician etc) to sastisfy you all. And if any one have idea about what should anatolian call please tell me.
    Well, you start running into having to make a sub-tribe for every group possible, and I don't think that's feasible. You've done excellent work already, maybe just rewrite the Anatolian trait to reflect that is a geographical category.
    Last edited by CaesarVincens; December 30, 2007 at 11:45 PM.

Here is subtribe for Anatolian

To CaesarVincens: ProofRead and edit for me please

major traits
    ¬--------------------

{Anatolian} Anatolian

{Anatolian_desc}
    This man is just an ordinary Anatolian, just a man who borns and lives in Asia Minor.

{Anatolian_effects_desc}
    +5% Western Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{True_Anatolian} True Anatolian

{True_Anatolian_desc}
    This man is widely seen as having some of the best qualities of People of Asia Minor, including resilience and a lot of adaptability.

{True_Anatolian_effects_desc}
    10% bonus on all trade income, +5% Western Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{Good_Resourceful_Anatolian} Good Resourceful Anatolian

{Good_Resourceful_Anatolian_desc}
    This man is a good representative of resourcefulness of Anatolian people who learn both from east and west.

{Good_Resourceful_Anatolian_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when defending wall, 10% bonus on all trade income, +50% cost to bribe, +5% Western Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{Utilizer_of_Cultural_Dialogue} Utilizer of Cultural Dialogue

{Utilizer_of_Cultural_Dialogue_desc}
    This man is a model for all Anatolians who live in cultural fault line, flashpoint and melting pot: he solves problems with a solution born from both eastern and western culture, better than the pure forms of each. This is how Anatolia, and its people, prospered in the ever changing world.

{Utilizer_of_Cultural_Dialogue_epithet_desc} the Anatolian

{Utilizer_of_Cultural_Dialogue_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when defending wall, 10% bonus on all trade income, 10% discount on construction costs, 10% discount on unit training costs, -2 to unrest (increases public order), +100% cost to bribe, +5% Western Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

minor traits
    ¬--------------------

{Lydian} Lydian

{Lydian_desc}
    This man came from Lydia. Lydia is ancient kingdom in western Turkey. Its capital was Sardes. This country was well known for its gold carrying river Pactolus. They had been the first to mint gold coin.

{Lydian_effects_desc}
    10% bonus on tax income

{Lydian_epithet_desc} of Lydia

¬--------------------

{Pamphylian} Pamphylian

{Pamphylian_desc}
    This man came from Pamphylia. Pamphylia is the name rich and fertile alluvial plain on coastal area plain in southern anatolia. They rich and cultural flourish from trading with greeks.

{Pamphylian_effects_desc}

{Pamphylian_epithet_desc} of Pamphylia

¬--------------------

{Cilician} Cilician

{Cilician_desc}
    This man came from Cilicia. Cilicia is an ancient name of southern slope of Tarsus Mountains. It was not only well-known for its iron and silver ores but also for Cilician pirates.

{Cilician_effects_desc}
    20% bonus on mining income, Increases the rate of population growth in regions where slaves are plentiful, -1 from law (has a negative effect on public order)

{Cilician_epithet_desc} of Cilicia

¬--------------------

{Carian} Carian

{Carian_desc}
    This man came from Caria. Caria is an ancient name of southwest area of Anatolia. The Carians are military specialists which famous as mercenaries. Herodotus writes that the Greeks had been indebted to the Carians for three military inventions: making shields with handles, putting devices on shields, and fitting crests on helmets.

{Carian_effects_desc}
    +1 Command, 10% Bonus cash gain from looting

{Carian_epithet_desc} of Caria

¬--------------------

{Cappadocian} Cappadocian

{Cappadocian_desc}
    This man came from Cappadocia. Cappadocia is a name for the country between the rivers Halys and Euphrates. Cappadocia is a region that is famed for its cavalry, and these men are rightly feared throughout Asia Minor. They also famous for stallion which they must sent as tribute during persian rule.

{Cappadocian_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when commanding Cavalry, +2 to the valour of your general's bodyguards

{Cappadocian_epithet_desc} of Cappadocia

¬--------------------

{Phrygian} Phrygian

{Phrygian_desc}
    This man came from Phrygia. Phrygia is a land lying west of the Halys River and east of Mysia and Lydia. The Phrygian was originally Thracian who migrated into Anatolia. They also know for seperate cultural identity and legendry Gordian Knot and early Greek music derived from them.

{Phrygian_effects_desc}
    +1 Influence

{Phrygian_epithet_desc} of Phrygia

¬--------------------

{Paphlagonian} Paphlagonian

{Paphlagonian_desc}
    This man came from Paphlagonia. Paphlagonia is an area on the Black Sea coast of north central Anatolia, situated between Bithynia and Pontus. The Paphlagonians were one of the most ancient nations of Anatolia. They know for for their political freedom which forge from mountainous terrian of their land.

{Paphlagonian_effects_desc}
    -4 to unrest (increases public order), -2 from law (has a negative effect on public order)

{Paphlagonian_epithet_desc} of Paphlagonia

¬--------------------

{Mysian} Mysian

{Mysian_desc}
    This man came from Mysia. Mysia is a region in northwest Asia Minor, a strategic flashpoint. The Mysians were brethren of the Carians and Lydians. They are tough defender of their land who join the Trojan during Trojan War.

{Mysian_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when defending

{Mysian_epithet_desc} of Mysia

¬--------------------

{Troes} Troes

{Troes_desc}
    This man came from Troad, land of Troy, the north-western promontory of Asia Minor. Trojan's land is fertile by natural product as well as agriculture. Troy and Trojan people were the most famous of them.

{Troes_effects_desc}
    +2 Farming output

{Troes_epithet_desc} of Troad

¬--------------------

{Bithynian} Bithynian

{Bithynian_desc}
    This man came from Bithynia, land on the east by the river Sangarius. The Bithynians were an immigrant Thracian tribe. They wore multi-colored robes fox skins on their heads and used javelins and dirks as their weapons. Neither Alexander the Great nor any of his followers conquered Bithynia, Bithynians fight well to protected their fertile land.

{Bithynian_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when commanding infantry, +1 Troop morale

{Bithynian_epithet_desc} of Bithynia

¬--------------------

{Lycian} Lycian

{Lycian_desc}
    This man came from Lycia, a mountainous and densely forested region along the coast of southwestern Turkey on and around the Teke Peninsula. The Lycians were an ancient people who fought gallantly on the side of the Trojans in Trojan War. The Lycians had a fierce desire for freedom and independence and this found its expression in their sense of unity and federation.

{Lycian_effects_desc}

{Lycian_epithet_desc} of Lycia

¬--------------------

{Pisidian} Pisidian

{Pisidian_desc}
    This man came from Pisidia, strategic flashpoint of southwestern Anatolia which fertile from natural rainfall and irrigation. The Pisidians are famous for warlike faction both from native and neighbouring people. The cities in Pisidia were among the last in western Anatolia to fully adopt Greek culture and to coin their own money.

{Pisidian_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when commanding infantry, +1 to farming output

{Pisidian_epithet_desc} of Pisidia

¬--------------------

{Chalybian} Chalybian

{Chalybian_desc}
    This man came from Chalybes tribe, a tribe who settled in north Anatolia, near the shore of Black Sea. The tribe's name in Greek, means "tempered iron, steel", credited with the invention of iron industry.

{Chalybian_effects_desc}
    20% disount on unit training costs

{Chalybian_epithet_desc} of the Chalybes

¬--------------------

{Inconsequential_Peoples} Inconsequential Peoples

{Inconsequential_Peoples_desc}
    This man came from one of the less influential peoples of Anatolia and lack of respect from other Anatolian under his command.

{Inconsequential_Peoples_effects_desc}
    -1 Influence

¬--------------------

{Respected_Peoples} Respected Peoples

{Respected_Peoples_desc}
    This man came from one of well respected Anatolian peoples but not widely known outside Asia Minor.

{Respected_Peoples_effects_desc}
    +1 Influence

I hope these will sastisfy you all.
    Last edited by Suppanut; December 31, 2007 at 12:41 AM.

done

Scythian (Starting family ethnics trait for Scythia) (done)
    Sarmatian (50% of marriage/adopt option for Scythia) (done)
    Hellenic (for all Greeks factions, minor marriage/adopt option for Thrace and Pontus) (done)
    Celt (only ethnic for Gaul and IndyGaul and marriage/adopt option for Iberia, marriage option for Pontus) (done)

Now working
    Anatolian (marriage/adopt option for Pontus) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Armenian (choice for adopt/marriage for Armenia and Pontus) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Persian (main ethnic for Armenia, starting family member ethnic for Pontus, marriage option for Parthia) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Pahlavan (main ethnic for Parthia) (still need to code triggering conditions)

Partially done
    Jewish (rare choice for adoption for Saba and Ptolemios) (already code Ptolemios conditions, no Saba conditions and growth conditions yet, ~20% Complete)

Not yet working on.

Eastern Civilized
    Berber (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Libyo-Phoenician (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Puno-Iberian (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Puno-Celtiberian (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Puno-Hellenic (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Arab (main ethnic for Saba's family members) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    Ethiopian (rare choice for marriage for Saba) (still need to code triggering conditions)

Minor subtribe
    celtic tribes (still need to code triggering conditions, for pontus will get only Galatian)
    Iberian tribes (still need to code triggering conditions and conditions Celtic_Influence)
    thracian tribes (still need to code triggering conditions and conditions Celtic_Influence)
    gemans tribes (need to rework on triggering code and conditions Celtic_Influence)
    Anatolian Peoples (still need to code triggering conditions)

Now I'm on the long way of coding but one topic still haunt me.

"Should Ethnic trait still can be growth after character switch their side to other faction?"

Some faction ethnic which totally tie to the faction like Roman, Egyptian and Nubian should not growth but some other like Hellenic Persian, Armenian, Celt and Jewish are still growth able when they switch side to some factions(all greek, egyptian culture and Pontus in case of Hellenic/ Pontus, Armenia and Parthia in case of Persian/ Pontus and Armenia in case of Armenian/ Gaul, Indy Gaul, Iberia and Pontus for Celt/ and Ptolemios and Saba for Jewish) But...

...what to do with others?

Should all other barbarian ethnic could be growth only in their own faction or could they growth as long as culture is barbarian but give rootless trait when they switch side? (such as Iberian or german should grow their main ethnic trait after join other barbarians like Thrace or Scythia?)

Anatolian lack of true faction/culture identity could they can still growth when they swith side to other faction that economically close to them like all Greek/Roman faction?

Should All Persia-related's eastern ethnic (Armenian, Pahlavan, Anatolian, Baktrian) Should be able to growth in all heir of Archemenid like Armenia, Parthia and Pontus when they switch side since Archemenid have history of culture tolerance?

Fate of all punic related, Are there anyone welcome them? Or they welcome anyone they buy their loyalty by money?

What should be fate of Indian, Arab, Jewish, Ethiopian and any others when they switch side?

I must ask every one here now for suggestion since it still easy to modify them as work still partially complete and less work load for those yet to be code.

Don't fear it cause too much work load or too hard since I intend to perfection this project as much as possible.

What all of you think??:hmmm:
    Last edited by Suppanut; December 31, 2007 at 06:53 AM.

Well, first we have to answer this question: Do these traits reflect Ethnicities? Or do they represent by which culture a person is influenced the most?
    If they are ethnicites, it is simple: Everybody should be able to give it to his son, no matter which faction he is in.
    If it represents cultural influence, the whole thing becomes harder. If that is the case, I honestly don't know right now what to do.
    P.S: Maybe the Persian/Baktrian Ethnicities could be adoption/marriage options for the Seleucids? I don't know of any historic examples, but as the Seleucids were more open to their natives than the Ptolemies, it seems logical. And perhaps they could have a Babylonian trait?

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit http://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Well, first we have to answer this question: Do these traits reflect Ethnicities? Or do they represent by which culture a person is influenced the most?
    If they are ethnicites, it is simple: Everybody should be able to give it to his son, no matter which faction he is in.
    If it represents cultural influence, the whole thing becomes harder. If that is the case, I honestly don't know right now what to do.
    P.S: Maybe the Persian/Baktrian Ethnicities could be adoption/marriage options for the Seleucids? I don't know of any historic examples, but as the Seleucids were more open to their natives than the Ptolemies, it seems logical. And perhaps they could have a Babylonian trait?
    All of them reflect ethnic and culture combine but some cultural tie seem forbid their traits to be growth further like you can't being true roman if you doesn't work for Rome. while you still can be true Anatolian any where you go etc.

Here is subtribe for Anatolian

To CaesarVincens: ProofRead and edit for me please

major traits
    ¬--------------------

{Anatolian} Anatolian

{Anatolian_desc}
    This man is just an ordinary Anatolian, just a man who was born and lives in Asia Minor.

{Anatolian_effects_desc}
    +5% Western Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{True_Anatolian} True Anatolian

{True_Anatolian_desc}
    This man is widely seen as having some of the best qualities of the people of Asia Minor, including resilience and a lot of adaptability.

{True_Anatolian_effects_desc}
    10% bonus on all trade income, +5% Western Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{Good_Resourceful_Anatolian} Good Resourceful Anatolian

{Good_Resourceful_Anatolian_desc}
    This man is a good representative of the resourcefulness of the Anatolian people who learn from both from the east and the west.

{Good_Resourceful_Anatolian_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when defending wall, 10% bonus on all trade income, +50% cost to bribe, +5% Western Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{Utilizer_of_Cultural_Dialogue} Utilizer of Cultural Dialogue

{Utilizer_of_Cultural_Dialogue_desc}
    This man is a model for all Anatolians who live in a cultural fault line, a flashpoint and a melting pot. He solves problems with a solution born from both eastern and western culture, better than the pure forms of each. This is how Anatolia, and its people, prospered in the ever changing world.

{Utilizer_of_Cultural_Dialogue_epithet_desc} the Anatolian

{Utilizer_of_Cultural_Dialogue_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when defending wall, 10% bonus on all trade income, 10% discount on construction costs, 10% discount on unit training costs, -2 to unrest (increases public order), +100% cost to bribe, +5% Western Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

minor traits
    ¬--------------------

{Lydian} Lydian

{Lydian_desc}
    This man comes from Lydia. Lydia was an ancient kingdom in western Turkey. Its capital was Sardes. This country was well known for its gold carrying river, Pactolus. They had been the first to mint gold coins.

{Lydian_effects_desc}
    10% bonus on tax income

{Lydian_epithet_desc} of Lydia

¬--------------------

{Pamphylian} Pamphylian

{Pamphylian_desc}
    This man came from Pamphylia. Pamphylia is the name of a rich and fertile alluvial plain in the coastal area plain of southern Anatolia. They are rich and flourish culturally from trading with the Greeks.

{Pamphylian_effects_desc}

{Pamphylian_epithet_desc} of Pamphylia

¬--------------------

{Cilician} Cilician

{Cilician_desc}
    This man comes from Cilicia. Cilicia is the ancient name of the southern slope of the Tarsus Mountains. It was not only well-known for its iron and silver ores, but also for the Cilician pirates.

{Cilician_effects_desc}
    20% bonus on mining income, Increases the rate of population growth in regions where slaves are plentiful, -1 from law (has a negative effect on public order)

{Cilician_epithet_desc} of Cilicia

¬--------------------

{Carian} Carian

{Carian_desc}
    This man came from Caria. Caria is the ancient name of southwest area of Anatolia. The Carians were military specialists which were famous as mercenaries. Herodotus wrote that the Greeks had been indebted to the Carians for three military inventions: making shields with handles, putting devices on shields, and fitting crests on helmets.

{Carian_effects_desc}
    +1 Command, 10% Bonus cash gain from looting

{Carian_epithet_desc} of Caria

¬--------------------

{Cappadocian} Cappadocian

{Cappadocian_desc}
    This man comes from Cappadocia. Cappadocia is the name for the country between the rivers Halys and Euphrates. Cappadocia is a region that is famed for its cavalry, and these men are rightly feared throughout Asia Minor. They also famous for the stallions which they had to send as tribute during Persian rule.

{Cappadocian_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when commanding Cavalry, +2 to the valour of your general's bodyguards

{Cappadocian_epithet_desc} of Cappadocia

¬--------------------

{Phrygian} Phrygian

{Phrygian_desc}
    This man comes from Phrygia. Phrygia is the land lying west of the Halys River and east of Mysia and Lydia. The Phrygians were originally Thracians who migrated into Anatolia. They are also known for a separate cultural identity, and the legendary Gordian Knot; early Greek music was derived from them.

{Phrygian_effects_desc}
    +1 Influence

{Phrygian_epithet_desc} of Phrygia

¬--------------------

{Paphlagonian} Paphlagonian

{Paphlagonian_desc}
    This man comes from Paphlagonia. Paphlagonia is the area on the Black Sea coast of north central Anatolia, situated between Bithynia and Pontus. The Paphlagonians were one of the most ancient nations of Anatolia. They were known for for their political freedom which was forged from the mountainous terrain of their land.

{Paphlagonian_effects_desc}
    -4 to unrest (increases public order), -2 from law (has a negative effect on public order)

{Paphlagonian_epithet_desc} of Paphlagonia

¬--------------------

{Mysian} Mysian

{Mysian_desc}
    This man comes from Mysia. Mysia is a region in northwest Asia Minor, a strategic flashpoint. The Mysians were brethren of the Carians and Lydians. They were tough defenders of their land who joined the Trojans during the Trojan War.

{Mysian_effects_desc}
    +2 Command when defending

{Mysian_epithet_desc} of Mysia

¬--------------------

{Troes} Troes

{Troes_desc}
    This man comes from Troad, the land of Troy, the north-western promontory of Asia Minor. The Troads' land was fruitful with natural products as well as agriculture. Troy and Trojan people were the most famous of the Troads.

{Troes_effects_desc}
    +2 Farming output

{Troes_epithet_desc} of Troad

¬--------------------

{Bithynian} Bithynian

{Bithynian_desc}
    This man comes from Bithynia, the land on the east by the river Sangarius. The Bithynians were an immigrant Thracian tribe. They wore multi-colored robes with fox skins on their heads and used javelins and dirks as their weapons. Neither Alexander the Great nor any of his followers conquered Bithynia. Bithynians fight well to protect their fertile land.

{Bithynian_effects_desc}

{Bithynian_epithet_desc} of Bithynia

¬--------------------

{Lycian} Lycian

{Lycian_desc}
    This man comes from Lycia, a mountainous and densely forested region along the coast of southwestern Turkey on and around the Teke Peninsula. The Lycians were an ancient people who fought gallantly on the side of the Trojans in the Trojan War. The Lycians had a fierce desire for freedom and independence and this found its expression in their sense of unity and confederation.

{Lycian_effects_desc}

{Lycian_epithet_desc} of Lycia

¬--------------------

{Pisidian} Pisidian

{Pisidian_desc}
    This man comes from Pisidia, a strategic flashpoint of southwestern Anatolia which was fertile from natural rainfall and irrigation. The Pisidians were famous for being a warlike faction both from native and neighbouring people. The cities in Pisidia were among the last in western Anatolia to fully adopt Greek culture, and to coin their own money.

{Pisidian_effects_desc}
    +1 Command when commanding infantry, +1 to farming output

{Pisidian_epithet_desc} of Pisidia

¬--------------------

{Chalybian} Chalybian

{Chalybian_desc}
    This man comes from Chalybes tribe, a tribe who settled in north Anatolia, near the shore of Black Sea. The tribe's name in Greek, means "tempered iron" or "steel", they are credited with the invention of iron industry.

{Chalybian_effects_desc}
    20% disount on unit training costs

{Chalybian_epithet_desc} of the Chalybes

¬--------------------

{Inconsequential_Peoples} Inconsequential People

{Inconsequential_Peoples_desc}
    This man comes from one of the less influential peoples of Anatolia and lacks respect from other Anatolians under his command.

{Inconsequential_Peoples_effects_desc}
    -1 Influence

¬--------------------

{Respected_Peoples} Respected People

{Respected_Peoples_desc}
    This man comes from a well respected Anatolian peoples who weren't widely known outside Asia Minor.

{Respected_Peoples_effects_desc}
    +1 Influence

Should the Paphlagonian trait give -2 or +2 law? I'm just checking, as it seems strange to reduce unrest and law.

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    Should the Paphlagonian trait give -2 or +2 law? I'm just checking, as it seems strange to reduce unrest and law.
    It right already since reduce unrest mean more happiness but reduce law is mean more unrest.

This is the babylonian you want.

¬--------------------

{Babylonian} Babylonian

{Babylonian_desc}
    This man is just an ordinary Babylonian. He is still on a long way to prove his worth to his ruler.

{Babylonian_effects_desc}
    -1 Influence, +5% Eastern Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{True_Babylonian} True Babylonian

{True_Babylonian_desc}
    This man is widely seen as having some of the best qualities of a worthy Babylonian, including mastery in the science of calender and celestial body, but he’s still just an Babylonian anyway.

{True_Babylonian_effects_desc}
    +1 Management, -1 Influence, +1 farming output, 10% discount on unit training costs, +5% Eastern Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{Good_Grandeur_Babylonian} Good Grandeur Babylonian

{Good_Grandeur_Babylonian_desc}
    This man is a good representative of Babylonians’ administrative skill, a useful skill for ruler to use.

{Good_Grandeur_Babylonian_effects_desc}
    +1 Management, -1 Influence, +1 to law (improves public order), +1 farming output, 10% discount on unit training costs, +50% cost to bribe, +5% Eastern Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{The_Babylonian_of_Former_Glory} The Babylonian of Former Glory

{The_Babylonian_of_Former_Glory_desc}
    This man embodies all superior Babylonian qualities of the past, wisdom of time and celestial body, and art of empire admintistration. Even some superior Hellenic people respect him for what he is.

{The_Babylonian_of_Former_Glory_epithet_desc} of the Egyptian

{The_Babylonian_of_Former_Glory_effects_desc}
    +2 Management, +2 to law (improves public order), +1 farming output, 10% discount on construction cost, +2 to public security (improves the chances of detecting and capturing enemy agents), +100% cost to bribe, +5% Eastern Civilized Immigration

to CaesarVincens: Editing/proofreading please.
    Last edited by Suppanut; December 31, 2007 at 07:41 PM.

¬--------------------

{Babylonian} Babylonian

{Babylonian_desc}
    This man is just an ordinary Babylonian. He still has a long way to go to prove his worth to his ruler.

{Babylonian_effects_desc}
    -1 Influence, +5% Eastern Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{True_Babylonian} True Babylonian

{True_Babylonian_desc}
    This man is widely seen as having some of the best qualities of a worthy Babylonian, including mastery in the sciences of chronology and of astrology, but he’s still just an Babylonian.

{True_Babylonian_effects_desc}
    +1 Management, -1 Influence, +1 farming output, 10% discount on unit training costs, +5% Eastern Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{Good_Grandeur_Babylonian} Good Bureaucratic Babylonian

{Good_Grandeur_Babylonian_desc}
    This man is a good representative of the Babylonians’ administrative skill, a useful skill for ruler to have.

{Good_Grandeur_Babylonian_effects_desc}
    +1 Management, -1 Influence, +1 to law (improves public order), +1 farming output, 10% discount on unit training costs, +50% cost to bribe, +5% Eastern Civilized Immigration

¬--------------------

{The_Babylonian_of_Former_Glory} The Babylonian of Former Glory

{The_Babylonian_of_Former_Glory_desc}
    This man embodies all superior Babylonian qualities of the past, including knowledge of time and celestial bodies, and the art of imperial administration. Even some Hellenic people respect him for what he is.

{The_Babylonian_of_Former_Glory_epithet_desc} of Babylon

{The_Babylonian_of_Former_Glory_effects_desc}
    +2 Management, +2 to law (improves public order), +1 farming output, 10% discount on construction cost, +2 to public security (improves the chances of detecting and capturing enemy agents), +100% cost to bribe, +5% Eastern Civilized Immigration

to CaesarVincens: Editing/proofreading please.
    Here you are, and you can call me just Caesar.

DONE(Major)
    Hellenic (for all Greeks factions, minor marriage/adopt option for Thrace and Pontus) (done)
    Celt (only ethnic for Gaul and IndyGaul and marriage/adopt option for Iberia, marriage option for Pontus) (done)
    Anatolian (marriage/adopt option for Pontus) (done)
    Armenian (choice for adopt/marriage for Armenia and Pontus) (done)
    Persian (main ethnic for Armenia, starting family member ethnic for Pontus, marriage option for Parthia) (done)
    Pahlavan (main ethnic for Parthia) (done)
    Babylonian (minor marriage/adopt choice for seleucid) (done)

DONE(Minor)

NOW WORKING

NEXT

Not yet working on.
    READJUST&BALANCE1
    celtic tribes (still need to code triggering conditions, for pontus will get only Galatian)
    rootless (trait for those who switch side) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    READJUST&BALANCE2

Now my progress is more than 50% complete now.

DONE(Major)
    Persian (main ethnic for Armenia, starting family member ethnic for Pontus, marriage option for Parthia) (done)
    Jewish (rare choice for adoption for Saba and Ptolemios) (done)
    Arab (main ethnic for Saba's family members) (done)
    Ethiopian (rare choice for marriage for Saba) (done)

DONE(Minor)

NOW WORKING

Punic (main ethnics for Carthage) (no growth conditions yet, ~20% Complete)
    Berber (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (no growth conditions yet, ~20% Complete)
    Libyo-Phoenician (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (no growth conditions yet, ~20% Complete)
    Puno-Iberian (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (no growth conditions yet, ~20% Complete)
    Puno-Celtiberian (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (no growth conditions yet, ~20% Complete)
    Puno-Hellenic (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (no growth conditions yet, ~20% Complete)

NEXT
    READJUST&BALANCE1

Not yet working on.
    rootless (trait for those who switch side) (still need to code triggering conditions)
    READJUST&BALANCE2
    Check for bug

You're getting close!

Success is closer now all major ethnics are almost complete since all is code but waited for perfection and balancing them to possible but not too easy condition for ethnic to growth.

DONE(Major)
    Jewish (rare choice for adoption for Saba and Ptolemios) (done)
    Arab (main ethnic for Saba's family members) (done)
    Ethiopian (rare choice for marriage for Saba) (done)
    Punic (main ethnics for Carthage) (done)
    Berber (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (done)
    Libyo-Phoenician (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (done)
    Puno-Iberian (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (done)
    Puno-Celtiberian (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (done)
    Puno-Hellenic (minor marriage/adopt fot Carthage) (done)

DONE(Minor)

NOW WORKING
    READJUST&BALANCE1

NEXT

Not yet working on.
    READJUST&BALANCE2
    Check for bugs