Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Ethnic Traits project.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Ethnic Traits project.

Here is version final1.5 which now Scythian ethnic would grow properly for Baktria.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

DimeBagHo: Sorry for late update but I forget to add growth condition for Scythian in Baktria.

Addition part is at the end of file start at

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    ;--This is Baktria's Scythian--------------
    ;------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

Miles

I spotted a small bug: Heir of Orpheus trait(thracian trait), has no description,when you move your mouse over it, it only shows bonuses that trait gives. I'm playing XGM 5.7.22 with XC 2.4.3 and ET 1.5, as Thrace.

I'll check that out Shadow (it's a XC problem not a ET problem if you are playing with XC).

Edit: Well, it appears the description is there and properly coded. Normally a lack of description causes a CTD. So I don't know what the problem is, maybe you could zip and upload your save for me to check out.
    Last edited by CaesarVincens; August 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Here is version Final 1.6 which fix problem that Shadow_LT recently spot on description of "Heir of Orpheus" trait.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

DimeBagHo: Sorry for late updated. Here is hotfix file for problem on Trait "Heir of Orpheus" that spot by Shadow_LT.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Suppanut: I noticed a some minor issues with the 'children study in Athens trait': (1) There is an extra space at the start of the trait name; (2) The trait name is really too long - something like "Children will study in Athens" would be better; (3) Athenians can get the trait, and it is a little odd to describe them as having visited Athens.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    Suppanut: I noticed a some minor issues with the 'children study in Athens trait': (1) There is an extra space at the start of the trait name; (2) The trait name is really too long - something like "Children will study in Athens" would be better; (3) Athenians can get the trait, and it is a little odd to describe them as having visited Athens.
    Here is fix description file accord to your proposal and Shadow_LT's complained on Berserker traits. I hope you satisfy with it.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Removed old file due to released of new one.

Here is version 1.6.2 which fix description problem Shadow_LT and DimeBagHo spotted as well as "Eternal Brotherhood" trait.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 05, 2008 at 11:22 PM.

Here is another fixed module for DimeBagHo on "Eternal Brotherthood" trait's description.

Sorry for my recklessness, Suppanut

Suppanut, you may want to check the triggers for Greek city of origin traits, I've seen some Bactrians from Epirus and other places outside Bactria. I also have a general with the "victory from the jaws of defeat" trait, even though he never fought more than one or two battles, and he got the trait much later. I was playing XC 2.5.3.

Caesar: I look on greek's city of origin traits but I found nothing as problem but I promised to create more tighter conditions to made sure that Bactria would not receive any of those traits.

Due to Macedon and Seleucid are in the same conditions, Do they get any problem similar to Bactria?

Solution
    1) mere tighter conditions but I not sure about it as I can't spot what is problem.
    or
    2) Give Bactrian Greeks "Diaspora" Trait which equated to origin city traits for Bactria only to indicate how far from mediterranean they are. This would eliminate chance to get all others origins if I give the right condition and put main trigger part on the top sequence among all other greek's origins.

On "GoodRiskyAttacker" trait: Characters could gain them through Temple of victory or other special temples. So it is possible for those who doesn't fight much to gain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Caesar: I look on greek's city of origin traits but I found nothing as problem but I promised to create more tighter conditions to made sure that Bactria would not receive any of those traits.

Due to Macedon and Seleucid are in the same conditions, Do they get any problem similar to Bactria?

Solution
    1) mere tighter conditions but I not sure about it as I can't spot what is problem.
    or
    2) Give Bactrian Greeks "Diaspora" Trait which equated to origin city traits for Bactria only to indicate how far from mediterranean they are. This would eliminate chance to get all others origins if I give the right condition and put main trigger part on the top sequence among all other greek's origins.
    I haven't seen any problems with Macedon or the Seleucids, though they aren't supposed to get city traits, are they?

On "GoodRiskyAttacker" trait: Characters could gain them through Temple of victory or other special temples. So it is possible for those who doesn't fight much to gain it.
    There was a temple that gives experience, so that must have been it.

Barend's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    Suppanut, you may want to check the triggers for Greek city of origin traits, I've seen some Bactrians from Epirus and other places outside Bactria. I also have a general with the "victory from the jaws of defeat" trait, even though he never fought more than one or two battles, and he got the trait much later. I was playing XC 2.5.3.
    And what about the trait "Victor in Europe/Asia/Africa" ? I seem to get quite a few generals how didn't even fought a battle but still got this trait.
    a šumšu la zakar-
    -The past is taught by those who win-

I never touch or tweak anything on Dime's victor traits and I check but can't see any problem in it.

Are you sure that those characters never fought battle before? It need only 1 clear battle to gain victor traits.

Is it possible that bigger size of traits' file cause traits to haywire?
    Last edited by Suppanut; October 26, 2008 at 09:18 AM.

Well, it seems that if the order of the traits change the traits change also. I tried updating my game with the new, ordered, version of ETfor XC, and found that my generals all had completely different traits. When I switched back to the original files, the traits were back to normal. Other than that though, traits should only come from triggers. (Or scripts or the like)

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    Well, it seems that if the order of the traits change the traits change also. I tried updating my game with the new, ordered, version of ETfor XC, and found that my generals all had completely different traits. When I switched back to the original files, the traits were back to normal. Other than that though, traits should only come from triggers. (Or scripts or the like)
    So savegame use sequence and order of traits in traits file, doesn't use tag-names like script file. This explained the problem once you report on changing version of beta long ago on traits gone haywire when update version and then load old save file. :hmmm:

I'm relief that my work not cause this problem in itself.

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Ok, with faction/culture you suggest to start? i recommend that we work them one by one.

A Fast Question: i was thinking on giving the Sabaeans a distinctive culture, may be with strong Sub Saharian African features as well as Arab ones. I need a culture slot because i already changed the Scythians to nomad; my question is:

Would do any damage to change the Carthaginians to "eastern"? temples and most traits are now all managed on faction level, but there can be any problem? both cultures are practically the same.....

Quote Originally Posted by Anakarsis View Post
    Ok, with faction/culture you suggest to start? i recommend that we work them one by one.
    I would go for somewhat neglect one but still possible to have some source, the easterner. Carthage and Barbarian will be somewhat later.

A Fast Question: i was thinking on giving the Sabaeans a distinctive culture, may be with strong Sub Saharian African features as well as Arab ones. I need a culture slot because i already changed the Scythians to nomad; my question is:
    In fact, I once suggest to change Saba culture to be the same group as carthage as they both semitic and have vanilla trait indicated this.

¬FearsCarthaginian
    ¬--------------------

{Uncomfortable_Near_Carthaginians} Uncomfortable Near Carthaginians

{Uncomfortable_Near_Carthaginians_desc}
    As far as this man is concerned there's something not quite right about Carthaginians and other desert-dwellers.

{Uncomfortable_Near_Carthaginians_effects_desc}
    -1 Command when fighting against Carthaginians

Would do any damage to change the Carthaginians to "eastern"? temples and most traits are now all managed on faction level, but there can be any problem? both cultures are practically the same.....
    This idea is OK for me but change internal culture of faction is beyond scope of this submod as there are many files involved culture other than traits and ancillaries. For XGM, you must ask DimeBagHo, and for XC, you must ask CaesarVincens. I think both Zarax and CaesarVincens would listen to you on this topic for XC as now it is go toward full modification.

In fact, the existence of carthaginian culture are not for themselves but for feature on roman culture more depth.

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Well putting Carthaginians and Sabaeans in the same one is wise for both of them are semitic colonizers withh a great deal of african native elements