Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OLDER PATCH: FATW - The New Shadow v2.5 Patch Released!

Default OLDER PATCH: FATW - The New Shadow v2.5 Patch Released!

The Fourth Age: Total War Development Team presents:

The Fourth Age: Total War – The New Shadow 2.5

Requires: TNS 2.0b (or TNS 2.0+2.1+2.2 - see end of post)

The Fourth Age: Total War – The New Shadow v2.5 patch is now ready for download. This new patch contains many new fixes, features, and improvements, including seven units, Gondorian city models (for the Reunited Kingdom and Adūnabār), and two historical battles (The Battle of the Plains of Gorgoroth, and The Flight to Erindōl).

If you do not have 'The New Shadow' yet, you can get hold of it here. Constructive criticism and feedback are always welcome – without it this patch would be much smaller. If you like FATW, please consider voting for us in the ModDB Mod of the Year awards. You can visit us at www.thefourthage.org, or at our forums.

List of changes introduced with 2.5:

• One new unit for Harad (Corsair Archers), two for Adūnabār (Shadowriders, Dark Company), three for the Elves (Galadhrim Meigor, Cui Lasgalen, Tirn Lasgalen), and one mercenary unit (Pinnath Gelin Warriors). All units except the Elven ones are borrowed from METW.
    • Two new historical battles: The Battle of the Plains of Gorgoroth & The Flight to Erindōl
    • New Gondorian city models for the strategy map (for The Reunited Kingdom and The Kingdom of Adūnabār – thanks to METW)
    • Edited supply trait, added 'Wounded' trait, fixed Trait-based CTD, added important traits messages, fixed Adūnabār king/heir trait problem, Implemented recruited generals discrimination trait, and other various trait edits.
    • New series of traits and ancs for Cult hierarchy, and characters in Umbar have a chance to be cultists.
    • New ancs added, changed anc images background
    • Visual changes to strat. map (thanks to Wimpy for the high fertility texture)
    • Replaced the Skull with the Dark Tree for Adūnabār buildings
    • Tribal Pikes animation corrected
    • Fixed wrong RK general card, for those with 2.0
    • New skies for Harad and Gorgoroth
    • Faction internal map-borders changed
    • Adūnabār leader portrait fixed
    • Coastlines fixed in strat. map
    • Sprites for all units added
    • New 'dark tree' 'religion' icons for Adūnabār
    • Loading bar edited
    • Blank faction buttons for rebels
    • Starting armies for Rhūn rearranged
    • Implemented slower strat. map speeds and general Movement-Points boost trait
    • Disabled assassins for RK and Rohan
    • Settlements with Orkish troops now cannot train any more mannish ones
    • Lossarnach gets paved roads
    • Orcs now trainable in Barad-eden
    • New Formations for Rhūn, Dunland and Harad and all formations tweaked to improve AI behaviour
    • EDU corrections
    • Made text corrections in export_buildings and export_units, and mentions added for secondary weapons where they exist

Download links (installer version): - if you experience problems installing this version, try the .rar one, just below.

The New Shadow v2.5 Patch | Filefront Mirror (30 MB)

Download links (.rar version): - for those who may have problems with our installer software.

The New Shadow v2.5 Patch | Filefront Mirror (36 MB)

Installation Instructions (installer version):

Double-click on the FATW_TNS_patch_2.5.exe that you just downloaded, and make sure that you have it pointed to your Rome directory where you installed TNS (this is normally C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, or - if you have Gold Edition - C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War). The installation should take a few seconds. You can now click on the TNS shortcut on your desktop, and continue to play!

Installation Instructions (.rar version):

Extract the contents of FATW_TNS_patch_2.5.rar you just downloaded to your Rome directory where you installed TNS (this is normally C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, or - if you have Gold Edition - C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War). Accept when it asks you to overwrite. You can now click on the TNS shortcut on your desktop, and continue to play!

TNS patch 2.5 is NOT save-game compatible.

*Note that if you have 2.0 installed you MUST first apply fix patch 2.1 and 2.2 before applying this patch. Users with 2.0b should not apply 2.1 or 2.2 as they are already incorporated into 2.0b, instead just apply this new 2.5 patch. All hotfixes are already included in 2.5 and so it does not matter if you already have them installed or not.
    Last edited by Aradan; July 03, 2008 at 08:58 PM.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Default Re: FATW - The New Shadow v2.5 Patch Released!

I knew this would happen!

Just before the last great assignments in school, and you guys temp me with that!!

/I'm very happy and impressed btw
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

save game compatible?i have version 2.4

sorry..don't mind my stupid question...
    Last edited by Goffredo; December 14, 2007 at 06:06 AM.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks guys! Its fine to install over 2.4 rite?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Goffredo, please read the instructions before posting - your question is answered by some words cunningly disguised in bold and underlined and with the word NOT in capitals...

Yes, Titus, the FATW 2.5 patch is of course cumulative and so can be installed over any version of 2.0b or 2.0+2.1+.2.2
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Thank you for this early Christmas present!

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Awesome. Good work guys!

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

great work! congratulations on the release!
    thanks!

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Goffredo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Goffredo, please read the instructions before posting
    this is true for you too...i've edited my post soon after addding it...seems that posting without reading is not only my problem...anyway good work,and again sorry for my stupid post

No, I read all of your post - I just misunderstood the latter part.

Enjoy the game.

Christmas has come early?
    End of an era

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I would wish i had more time ... i'm sure it is great work as always
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Goffredo, please read the instructions before posting - your question is answered by some words cunningly disguised in bold and underlined and with the word NOT in capitals...
    ...I swear, sometimes i think you and Foot from EB are related...
    Great stuff fellas....Can't wait to get home and try out the new version.

.I swear, sometimes i think you and Foot from EB are related.
    Maybe we have just both been modding too long

Thx DaVinci, Lysander and others!

The patch looks excellent! Too bad I probably won't be able to try it until I finish my AAR. But yet again FATW shows its excellence.

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

BNS's Avatar ...

Awesome, just in time ! I have just recently finished a RK campaign. It doesn't take a modder to see the hard work and creativity put into this mod, thanks for another great update.

Edit: These new historical battles are great. The orcs completely took me by surprise and crushed me at Gorgoroth. Those trolls are mean ! And i haven't been able to make it to Erindōl within the time limit.
    Last edited by BNS; December 14, 2007 at 07:36 PM.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Looks great. One question though: why were assassins disabled for RK and Rohan? They came in handy when dealing with the hordes of those pesky Haradrian generals.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Because honest Dunedain and brave Rohirrim do not resort to such dishonourable means of dealing with their problems... Good guys do it right; kick ass on the filed!

Sounds good)
    But are you going to add new architecture to your mod? It is quite ineresting to play but old buildings at tactical map spoil all atmosphere(

Good building modelers for RTW are hard to come by and we have other priorities atm, but we hope we will be able to bring more ME feeling to the battle-map in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast