Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

Default Re: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit) by Candelarius

I should have been more specific, I meant the Mod Ideas sub-forum (for Medieval II), which is here, probably the best place to put forth your unit pricing plans:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=428

There is also the Mod Workshop, a good place to ask and answer modding questions (you could present your idea there, too, probably in the text editing section):

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=272

And welcome to the twc site. Most of the entire site is one big modding discussion forum!

Yo! my skin will be in mod! cool

Thanks for the final update and congrats on a superb mod.

iobor's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Candelarius!

Thank you for your great addon! I have modded the retrofitmod for my own personal taste, and your addon was the final bit i needed.

I'm now trying to implement the skins from Ornamentum by myself, but the battle_models.modeldb is not easy to understand.

I have already added the BigMap by Spurius with some extra provinces, and the ancillaries, traits and some graphic from DLV. I have also modded the campaign_script with some extra lines, and introduced an huge erasystem in the export_descr_building.txt. (mail_armor, heavy_mail_armor, partial_plate_armor, full_plate_armor, gothic_armor, longbows, crossbows, poleaxe, the_twohanded_sword and so on )
    The idea for this was shamelessly stolen from the TLR-mod.
    My final wish now is that PointBlank releases a RealCombat for the Crusadecampaign because there are some units in your addon that he hasn't modified yet.

This mod is not something i will release, but use for my own pleasure

iobor

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

@unDa
    I loved your skins, unDa, you did a great job. So thank you sir. :-)

@Lord Snow
    You're welcome, and thanks for your input and suggestions.

@iobor
    The modeldb file is a *****, good luck untangling it! And good luck with your mod. :-)

iobor's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by iobor View Post
    I'm now trying to implement the skins from Ornamentum by myself, but the battle_models.modeldb is not easy to understand.
    I give up!!!

The game loads ande everything looks fine, but when i try custom battle to check the skins i get a CTD when loading the battle.

Anyone got any suggestions?

iobor

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Quote Originally Posted by iobor View Post
    I give up!!!
    The game loads ande everything looks fine, but when i try custom battle to check the skins i get a CTD when loading the battle.
    Anyone got any suggestions?
    iobor
    You probably have a formatting error someplace in your modeldb. It could be something as simple as a space in the wrong position, a missing space, the wrong character count on a line, etc. That file is very challenging to mod. I would suggest start over and be more careful with your editing.

EDIT: Although I'm symaphetic to your plight, as I've mentioned to others in this thread, I only have time to offer tech support for those playing my mod in it's "pure" unmodded, unaltered state. I work a full time job, about 10 hours a day, and I have a family of my own...I only mod in my spare time, which isn't much. Good luck.
    Last edited by Candelarius; January 18, 2008 at 08:00 AM.

I've added a small patch (version 5.1 now) that fixes a minor graphic issue with the Byzantine Spear Militia and Byzantine Infantry's shields. Turns out the shield texture, though the file name is identical, is different between the original game and the Kingdoms expansion. The patch includes the original shield textures, but renames them, so Kingdoms will not over-write them.

I've also added an optional AI plugin for those that were asking for Lusted's AI files to be included. DOWNLOAD OPTIONAL AI PLUGIN - completely optional, contains Lusted's battle and campaign map AI files. I personally prefer the original Retrofit AI profile by Unspoken Knight, and I do not officially support this plugin, but it is available for those that prefer Lusted's files.
    Last edited by Candelarius; January 20, 2008 at 06:03 PM.

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Hello Candelarius,

I added a mod, which adds new provinces, in the grand unit addon retrofit mod folder. But when I want to launch the game, I had a crash, even the first loading screen didn't appear. I also had to relaunch the CD.

My problem is because the game didn't launch I can't know where is my bug because the system.log isn't create.
    With medieval2, even if the game was bugged, we can reach the menu, but with kingdoms we can't. So is there a way to reach the menu or to launch the game in order to generate a new system.log ?

Thanks

If you post a link to this mod that you're trying to install, people might be able to help you fix that error a bit better.

And I don't think that there's any such difference between Medieval 2 and Kingdoms. If there's a critical error in some of your files, the game wont launch.

Quote Originally Posted by sinople View Post
    Hello Candelarius,

I added a mod, which adds new provinces, in the grand unit addon retrofit mod folder. But when I want to launch the game, I had a crash, even the first loading screen didn't appear. I also had to relaunch the CD.

My problem is because the game didn't launch I can't know where is my bug because the system.log isn't create.
    With medieval2, even if the game was bugged, we can reach the menu, but with kingdoms we can't. So is there a way to reach the menu or to launch the game in order to generate a new system.log ?

Thanks

You really cannot add a mod to my mod, or any mod for that matter, and realistically expect it to work. The mod you added probably over-wrote my descr_regions.txt, descr_strat.txt, and descr_characters.txt files, and who knows what else, and therefore the mod is crashing. The game is not "bugged", you've simply modded it to death!

Sorry, but, as I've said before in this thread, I do not have the time or knowledge to support individual's efforts to integrate my mod into others or other's mods into mine. I would suggest reinstalling my mod, and then carefully manually integrating any text files and .db files individually, by using a text comparison tool (you can find one online for free like I did). This is what any modder must do when he chooses to manually add two mods that share the same files sets together. Add the files manually, save backups, and test each step of the way. Good luck.
    Last edited by Candelarius; January 23, 2008 at 07:29 PM.

Ok thanks a lot

Dsturbed's Avatar Libertus

Selamun Aleykum Candelarius,

Thanks for good job, i m still using retrofit mod and really i need new funny things

But unfortunately i cannot downoad it, from filefront. i think this site servers closed for my country (nobody can donwload it in Turkey), if you upload to another site, i and my friends will be pleasure.
    God bless you...

The problem is that no matter which host I put my mod on, somebody somewhere will be unable to download it for some reason...that's why I've picked one single host for my files and stuck with it. I'm sorry you cannot download from Filefront, but, I really do not want my files floating around on a bunch of different sites, it makes it hard for me to track them and takes forever to upload to them when I do an update...maybe you can send an email to Filefront and ask how you can go about downloading from their site?

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

@Dsturbed

FileFront has issues with download managers. If you're using one I would advise disabling it before downloading from the site.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

A patch has been released that adds the missing unit voices to all new units in the mod. The newest build is now version 5.2. You can download the patch if you have version 5.0 or 5.1, or, download the 5.2 full installer if you have an older version of the mod or are downloading for the first time. See the first post in this thread for the download link.
    Last edited by Candelarius; February 03, 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Binkowzyki's Avatar Laetus

excellent work

UPDATE

Sure I said this mod was done, but, thanks to a nice fan, I was able to add a couple Kingdoms Crusades Campaign FMV sequences (movies) to this mod. The mod is now updated to version 5.3, and a new full installer is available now as well as a patch for those playing with version 5.0, 5.1, or 5.2. The new FMV movies will only show up if you start a new campaign. There are no other changes in this version.
    Last edited by Candelarius; February 03, 2008 at 07:56 PM.

Hello Candelarius,

I try to add units to the game, but I don't know how to use a checkmodeldb syntax with your modeldb. May you help me ?

I've never used a "checkmodeldb syntax" program with the modeldb, I simply used a parsed modeldb file that I downloaded from this site, and then added the Kingdoms units to the file. You don't need any other files or programs, just time and patience. I would suggest locating a tutorial (there are several good ones on this site) if you have questions about the syntax of this modeldb file.

Besides, you cannot add any more units to my mod, the EDU file is at the hardcoded unit max.

Good luck!