2. If you want to make me a new model that features a chapel-de-fer style helmet I'd be very appreciative.
3. Soldiers armored in mail hauberk with an attached or detached mail coif were commonplace throughout the middle ages. These soldiers may simply not be able to afford a helmet or may have removed them momentarily. There are plenty of contemporary illustrations of soldiers with simple mail coifs to support my inclusion of this unit in this manner. A good reference for this is English Medieval Knight 1200-1300 by C. Gravett. See pages 15, 24, E15, and 54. See Medieval Scandinavian Armies (1) and (2) by D. Lindholm & D. Nicolle, as well as German Medieval Armies (1) and (2) by Christopher Gravett, in addition you could reference Hungary and the Fall of Eastern Europe by D. Nicolle, all of which I own and used for reference in my mod.
4. It was very common practice to wear your mail hood over your skull cap helmet, or "arming cap", which could be made of metal or leather. It's not unrealistic that some of the fellows in my unit have such helmets beneath their coifs (thought this is a stretch, of course).
5. Maces were a common melee weapon throughout the middle ages, especially for use against armored heavy infantry. Maces can be found in armies from the Islamic Fertile Crescent (The Armies of Islam by D Nicolle, page 24, illustration a4) to England (English Medieval Knight 1200-1300 by Christopher Gravett, page 33, illustration a1). Maces were especially favored by religious orders and even moreso by armed clergy, since the Bible commands to "slay not with the edge of the sword". Having a unit of "foot knights" armed with maces is completely plausible.
6. I do not have a book on strictly Polish infantry only, so, I had to improvise.
7. As I stated in my readme, I simply retextured the "baltest_mace" model already found in the game files. I did not, and could not, create that model. If you can make one for me, I'm all ears.
Thank you for your feedback. If you have any models that feature helmets and swords that you are working on, please let me know. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the mod, or go and enjoy somebody elses.