Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

Default Re: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

There might be a problem with UAC, Virtual Store or such.

Or you didn't install properly.

does anyone have working links? all of the links on the internet is dead

cowsaresomething's Avatar Foederatus

I just downloaded it from here - http://www.gamefront.com/files/20952169/GUAM_v6.exe. Go here - http://www.sendspace.com/file/3cy50v - for the stone forts add-on.

when i press download from gamefront it says the page couldnt be found :/

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by erdemirci View Post
    when i press download from gamefront it says the page couldnt be found :/
    That is because Gamefront is limited to a few selected contries. In any other countries outside of their list, it simply displays "page not found".
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

is there any other way for it?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You can use a free proxy server (search on google) to download from gamefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    You can use a free proxy server (search on google) to download from gamefront.
    I have tried this in several ways... direct proxy servers, addons for chrome and searched my ass of for a solution, but I havent solved it yet.

Could someone please help my download "GUAM v6" somehow?

Ask those who have the file to upload it to Mediafire or another such service.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Ask those who have the file to upload it to Mediafire or another such service.
    One would think that people would do that... but no.

Anyhow... I did solve the problem. And this is how I did it:

1. Hide country IP with the help of this: http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-IP-Address
    2. Use proxy-settings from this source: http://www.publicproxyservers.com/proxy/list1.html

I had some problems when it started downloading and stopped... but try changing proxyserver from the list and that did the trick.

I have the file stored on "box.com" and if somenone want the Grand Unit Add On just send me a PM and I will provide you with a link!

Please find no link to download active, can someone help me?

I was already playing the grand campaign, then I downloaded the guamv6 file and the file downlaoded successfully. None of the new units are showing up in the campaign game! Was I suppose to start over by downlowding MTW then Kingdoms then guamv6?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles2140 View Post
    I was already playing the grand campaign, then I downloaded the guamv6 file and the file downlaoded successfully. None of the new units are showing up in the campaign game! Was I suppose to start over by downlowding MTW then Kingdoms then guamv6?
    I am pretty sure you have to start a brand new campaign for the changes to take effect.

i've installed mtw2, kingdoms, retrofit and guam...but i'm not seeing all factions unlocked when starting my first campaign. furthermore i'm not seeing another way to confirm guam is applied. Anyway to confirm it is or is not applied other than looking for "all factions" being available? I'm running through an english campaign in hopes of seeing new units via recruiting or mercenaries but no avail yet. Any help?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomus View Post
    i've installed mtw2, kingdoms, retrofit and guam...but i'm not seeing all factions unlocked when starting my first campaign. furthermore i'm not seeing another way to confirm guam is applied. Anyway to confirm it is or is not applied other than looking for "all factions" being available? I'm running through an english campaign in hopes of seeing new units via recruiting or mercenaries but no avail yet. Any help?

Thanks!
    I believe i found my own answer. Re-applied guam to the x86 folder of mtw2 and all factions appear in "start a new campaign" selection. I continued from my last campaign and didn't see the new units. I advanced one turn to see if that would initiate something and what do you know...the new units appeared!

I have guam working on my laptop and had loaded this to compare. I saw that i have "stone forts" mod installed on the laptop also and that in the options menu is states version 1.05. However, on the new pc, in which the original question was spawned, i see under the options menu; version 1.04. Is this version difference from stone forts (1.05) vs. no stone forts (1.04)? I'm pondering whether or not all the patches applied during my fresh install on the new pc, but also i believe that retro and guam may not work without the 1.05 patch for mtw2/kingdoms, thus i'm wondering if this is the difference between having the stone forts mod or not. If anyone has something to add to my thoughts i look forward to your reply and thank you in advance.

Just an information for the creator and or other with different language (this should work for all non-english versions):

After the installation of GUAM v6, I wondered why my game has turned english (ALL! texts, not audio). I expected that only the unit descriptions would be english now because if you add units you add a description basically in that file.

Instead really ALL text was in english: ingame menues, building description, even the rpg fluff.

Explanation and solution are simple:
    - While "io_file_first = true" is active, for every data the game needs (e.g. files like unit infos, ai behaviour, thumbnails, text for menues, buildings, etc.) it will look at the matching directory first and uses that file exclusively
    - When not found (e.g. the EDU) it uses the default one packed somewhere in the data files

With this system a mod only have to contain files it really changes and not ALL unchanged files.

For reasons unknown to me, GUAM also contains several files in [...]\Medieval II Total War\mods\retrofit\data\text which are just a copy of the vanilla (unmodded) files.
    For english versions noone will notice this but for any other it will overwrite their language because those files mentioned contain translated placeholders for basically every text you see ingame (menues, rpg fluff, unit descriptions, historic events, etc.)

There should be two safe ways to fix this. Overwrite (tested) those files (list below) with a backup copy of the original RetroFit 1.0 mod or simply delete (NOT tested. Backup them first if unsure) them (because they were simple unpacked copies of your own localized installation and if deleted the game use the default ones anyway). So even if you delete/overwrite something wrong here, the worst case is that you have wrong language or simple placeholder text. The game wont crash while loading like when you mess something e.g. in EDU

List of files (Delete/Overwrite) in [...]\Medieval II Total War\mods\retrofit\data\text:

As statet above, just overwrite them with the files your original RetroFit 1.0 mod provides you with.

List of additional files that come with GUAM (explanation below) in [...]\Medieval II Total War\mods\retrofit\data\text:

expanded.txt.strings* - Delete. Worst case (if any) there will be 1-2 missing lines anywhere.

export_units.* - This files contain all the fluff text about the units. If this file is missing, fluff text from additionally added units by GUAM will be missing BUT not the default ones (vanilla) and also NOT the "hidden" ones added by RetroFit mod (else RetroFit itself would contain a export_units.* but it didn't). Other infos about the units are still shown as I will show you in two sample screens (first: default description of a vanilla unit, second: missing description of a new GUAM unit).

Two solutions:
    1.Simply delete this. You won't see fluff text. If you aren't new to M2:TW and/or this mod you shouldn't care. As you can see in the pictures, all important informations (costs, unit stats, specific unit abilities) are still visible and by the unit pic you can already see its usage.
    2.Get the unpacked default one (readme for unpacking M2-files here in forum) and add all new entries by GUAM manually. I would prefer this but for reasons unknown to me my unpacked M2/text directory does not contain them. Maybe yours does or by a chance a simple line in the *cfg can create those files

export_buildings.* - Delete. Sadly I have no vanilla txt file of this (only the binary). Worst case that may happen that stone forsts lack description and if another christian castle order was added it lacks description.

historic_events.* - Delete (Safe).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails overwrite_delete.jpg   overwrite_delete_modify.jpg   new.jpg   default.jpg  

Can someone please post a new link for the optional stone forts? The links posted above are dead.

After the latest steam update, something weird happened. The Scots all of a sudden have mongol/timurid voices. I've checked the desc file, and it still says "Scottish". What happened?

Okay I have a serious issue. For some reason after I install this mod I keep getting a "unlocalized placement text" error when I move the mouse cursor over a new unit. This isn't the first time I used this mod and all previous installations have worked perfectly but I tried changing the appearance of the Moorish Swordsmen earlier this afternoon and since then, even after redownloading both the GUAM AND Retrofit mods and installing them in order I STILL get this problem. Can someone tell me why?

Please provide me that link. And if i use retrofid 2.0 mod, Will it work?