Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

Default Re: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit) by Candelarius

I'm using Retrofit 1.0 2.5 update by nickman777 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122896

Already finish downloading! so is it compatible with this version? above mention

Quote Originally Posted by michael01 View Post
    I'm using Retrofit 1.0 2.5 update by nickman777 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122896

Already finish downloading! so is it compatible with this version? above mention
    No, my mod is not at all compatible with that mod. Your link is not to the Retrofit Mod 1.0, nor is that an "update" for the Retrofit mod, it is to an entirely seperate mod (looks like a mod for the Darthmod project). My mod will only work if you follow the precise installation instructions in the readme. My mod is ONLY for the actual Retrofit Mod 1.0 by Unspoken Knight.
    Last edited by Candelarius; December 29, 2007 at 11:22 PM.

Ah ic sorry for that mistake noob mistake lol… pls don’t forget I’m a noob or a newbie but its cleary stated on the read me on the Darthmod Reloaded for kingdoms, that it’s a Retrofit 1.0 but checking the Winrar file it said darthmod reloaded my bad my stigmatism is coming back again .

Nwei the thing is I already installed it; it works perfectly fine with Dartmod Reloaded for kingdoms. I hope theres no problem with that, I already played custom battle all the new units from kingdoms are available. It was an Awesome battle with the new units from kingdoms.

When I started grand campaign I was playing HRE, on my 5 turns I found out that there was no Family Tree on the Overview any idea on how to fix this.

Once again I made a mistake, it was an accident I did not intentionally put your mod on Darthmod Reloaded for kingdoms , if you have any problem on this, I will stop playing immediately & restore my previous games.

(But if its ok with you, pls help me to fix the missing Family Tree.)
    Just found out that the HRE is the only faction, who has no Family Tree, can somebody pls explained to this Noob "that's me" how come? or is this a bug since i mix up this mod to Darthmod Reloaded by accident.
    Last edited by michael01; December 30, 2007 at 05:28 AM.

Michael, the first rule of being a noob is always read the mod's readme. In my readme, I state that the HRE and Venice have the "republican" family tree system from the Kingdoms Teutonic Campaign. This is because, historically, the HRE and Venice did not have a hereditary kingship, but elective instead (for the most part).

I'm very, very surprised that my mod is working with the Darthmod. The second rule of being a noob is always follow a mod's installation instructions. My mod has over-written, I'm sure, many necessary files in the Darthmod you are playing. I understand you installed them on top of each other accidentally, and, what you do from this point is entirely up to you, I personally don't care. But, I would suggest deleting your Retromod folder, reinstalling the Retromod by Unspoken Knight, and then reinstalling my mod on top of it again. If you chose to not do this, though, please do not ask for technical support in my mod thread since you did not install the mod properly. I am not responsible if you experience problems with your game unless you install it as per the readme instructions. :hmmm:

The third rule of being a noob is that mods are not often "compatible". Mods are sets of files that alter the original game. If two mods share the same files, whichever mod you install last will overwrite the files of the mod you installed first. This can cause your game to not work at all, or, cause instability and imbalance in your game. If you want to play two mods, you should install them seperately. There are tutorials on how to do this, and, I touched briefly on that subject in my readme, as well. So, even though both my mod and the one you linked me to are both based on Unspoken Knight's Retromod, they are most likely not "compatible", unless that other mod has no files in common whatsoever with my mod.

Finally, you are very welcome to enjoy my mod and I'm glad you are on the path of noobdom. Soon you'll be an experienced Total War gamer, and maybe a modder, too. Good luck.
    Last edited by Candelarius; December 30, 2007 at 09:22 AM.

Thank you very much for this mod i'll be honest with you, cant do your suggestion on reinstalling the mod, since i'm in my 50 turns on my campaign, & i'm having a Total War Campaign, both on Campaign & Battle Map, it's understandable that i cannot ask technical help on your mod thread.

Thank You very much for this Awesome mod!!!

UPDATED: I still wasn't happy with when the Canons of the Holy Sepulcher unit becomes available. I ran a test campaign and found that even if you capture Jerusalem in turn 1 (using the move_character cheat), you still will not get a Canons unit until around 1200 (after upgrading the various necessary buildings). So, I've tweaked the recruitment for that specific unit again a bit, making it recruitable from the third barracks tier, and, to balance the earlier recruitment, I've increased the cost of the unit slightly. I uploaded an updated version of the full installer and also posted a new patch. This is entirely optional, since it only changes that one single unit.
    Last edited by Candelarius; January 01, 2008 at 09:13 PM.

This is a superb mod, thankyou. I've found most mods change too much for my taste so this is just perfect for me. However, is there any chance you could add the faction leader and heir campaign models from Kingdoms? It's about the only thing I think could improve the mod. No drama if you don't want to do this, I am happy with it how it is.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware but the installer for the latest patch doesn't go to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War as Program is spelt Progam. No biggie and easy to fix, just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Thanks again for the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snow View Post
    This is a superb mod, thankyou. I've found most mods change too much for my taste so this is just perfect for me. However, is there any chance you could add the faction leader and heir campaign models from Kingdoms? It's about the only thing I think could improve the mod. No drama if you don't want to do this, I am happy with it how it is.
    Not a bad idea, but, I'm not sure how to do it. Show me a tutorial and we'll see what we can cook up.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware but the installer for the latest patch doesn't go to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War as Program is spelt Progam. No biggie and easy to fix, just thought I would bring it to your attention.
    Thanks again for the mod.
    Damn! Good catch! Fixed.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    Not a bad idea, but, I'm not sure how to do it. Show me a tutorial and we'll see what we can cook up.
    I'd love to help, but unfortunately my modding capabilities only go as far as editing a few text files. I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything that might be useful.

Cheers!

Edit: After a quick look, these links may or may not help.
    Strat Map Models Reloaded
    Strat Map Heir & Leader Models
    Last edited by Lord Snow; January 05, 2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Updated with links.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snow View Post
    I'd love to help, but unfortunately my modding capabilities only go as far as editing a few text files. I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything that might be useful.

Cheers!
    I did something like this for the Islamic factions on my game. Candelarius was less than "impressed". :hmmm:

The above is mostly a joke. I've been doing some work on adapting faction leader/heir specific models but have put my work on hold for the moment. It's not impossible, but does require some coding and script changes as far as I can tell to give each faction THREE general's models (and a captain's model).
    Last edited by SSJPabs; January 05, 2008 at 10:16 PM.

I did something like this for the Islamic factions on my game. Candelarius was less than "impressed".
    I was less than impressed with the Islamic general model, SSJ. But I think it would be cool to have the faction leader of each faction to have his own model on the battlefield and battlemap.

EDIT: Okay, I've now figured out how to add king models to the strat map by reverse engineering another person's mod, but, I can't figure out how to get it to work. I'm placing the model and textures in the correct folders (/models_strat and then /textures) and I'm updating descr_characters and descr_models_strat, but the changes are not taking effect, ie, nothing happens. I guess I'm missing something....I'll keep at it....hmmmmmmmm

EDIT: SSJ, I responded to the topic you linked at the .com site. My people are ready to talk to your people now. ;-)

EDIT: Okay, I've now been up for two hours messing with this. I've placed northern_generic_king model in /models_strat folder, placed the textures in the model_strat/texture folder, and added these lines to character.txt and models_strat.txt just like how it is done in the Brittania Campaign, yet nothing at all happens when I start my mod.

Added this block of text to models_strat, trying to give england a king model:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; Kings ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;

type northern_generic_king
    skeleton strat_named_with_army
    scale 0.7
    indiv_range 40
    ;texture ireland, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_ireland.tga
    ;texture wales, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_wales.tga
    ;texture norway, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_norway.tga
    ;texture denmark, models_strat/textures/late_general_denmark_strat.tga
    ;texture scotland, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_scotland.tga
    ;texture france, models_strat/textures/late_general_france_strat.tga
    ;texture hre, models_strat/textures/late_general_hre_strat.tga
    texture england, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_england.tga
    ;texture barons_alliance, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_barons_alliance.tga
    ;texture saxons, models_strat/textures/late_general_hre_strat.tga
    ;texture normans, models_strat/textures/late_general_england_strat.tga
    ;texture poland, models_strat/textures/late_general_poland_strat.tga
    ;texture hungary, models_strat/textures/late_general_hungary_strat.tga
    ;texture russia, models_strat/textures/late_general_russia_strat.tga
    texture slave, models_strat/textures/late_general_rebels_strat.tga
    model_flexi_m models_strat/northern_generic_king.CAS, max
    shadow_model_flexi models_strat/shadow_sword.CAS, max
    Added these lines to england in character.txt:
    faction england
    dictionary 2
    strat_model northern_general
    strat_model northern_general ; heir
    strat_model northern_generic_king ; leader

battle_model Northern_General
    battle_equip gladius, chainmail shirt helmet and rectangular shield
    What am I missing SSJ?
    Last edited by Candelarius; January 06, 2008 at 12:47 AM.

Hi Candelarius,

Assuming you have all the right textures in the right folders all you need to edit to get this to work is the export_descr_character_traits.txt. Find Trait Factionleader and add this line:

;------------------------------------------
    Trait Factionleader
    Characters family
    AntiTraits Factionheir
    Level Faction_Leader
    Description Faction_Leader_desc
    EffectsDescription Faction_Leader_effects_desc
    Threshold 1
    Effect Command 1
    Effect Authority 2
    Effect PersonalSecurity 3
    Effect Level 2

Then add Effect level 1 to Trait Factionheir and your kings strat map models should now work. Also some of your Kings models will not look right on the map. For example France uses late_general_france_strat.tga, change it so it looks like this:

;texture france, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_scotland.tga

You can use models of the same colour from other factions and it works fine. Also me and Reiksmarshal are currently working on trying to get the Kings battle model from Kingdoms working in are mods. Good luck

Dave

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

QUOTE " EDIT: Okay, I've now figured out how to add king models to the strat map by reverse engineering another person's mod, but, I can't figure out how to get it to work. QUOTE

Was it my Mod ? :hmmm:, My mod uses four different strat and battle models for most factions. Can I help ?
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 06, 2008 at 07:15 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    QUOTE " EDIT: Okay, I've now figured out how to add king models to the strat map by reverse engineering another person's mod, but, I can't figure out how to get it to work. QUOTE
    Was it my Mod ? :hmmm:, My mod uses four different strat and battle models for most factions. Can I help ?
    It was the strat model upgrade for DLV, actually. But thanks. I may need your help but I think dave scarface just answered my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Hi Candelarius,

Assuming you have all the right textures in the right folders all you need to edit to get this to work is the export_descr_character_traits.txt. Find Trait Factionleader and add this line:

;------------------------------------------
    Trait Factionleader
    Characters family
    AntiTraits Factionheir
    Level Faction_Leader
    Description Faction_Leader_desc
    EffectsDescription Faction_Leader_effects_desc
    Threshold 1
    Effect Command 1
    Effect Authority 2
    Effect PersonalSecurity 3
    Effect Level 2

Then add Effect level 1 to Trait Factionheir and your kings strat map models should now work. Also some of your Kings models will not look right on the map. For example France uses late_general_france_strat.tga, change it so it looks like this:

;texture france, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_scotland.tga

You can use models of the same colour from other factions and it works fine. Also me and Reiksmarshal are currently working on trying to get the Kings battle model from Kingdoms working in are mods. Good luck
    Dave
    Cool dave, I think that is the key. I'll try that out today.

EDIT: WORKED!!! That was it Dave! Thanks!

As for the king model on the battlemap, I think I'll skip that...he has 15th century armor on which would look silly to me considering the game ends at the end of the 15th century...basically, for the 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th centuries his armor would look out of place. I actually like the early general model the best (the one I'm currently using). Good luck anyway though! Thanks again.
    update: Actually, I changed my mind, I think this would be cool. Let me know if you get this working.

PS> I'll make a new patch that includes this change for everyone later today. :-)

EDIT: Okay, I've successfully added a King model to every single faction except Mongols and Timurids (I don't think they need one anyway). I even took the Mesoamerican King model from the Americas Campaign for the Aztecs! :-) The only trouble I'm having is I don't have a good texture for Hungary. I may be able to ask DLV if I can use their texture...
    Last edited by Candelarius; January 06, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Try the northern_generic_king_poland.tga from the Teutonic campaign and use it for Hungary like I did. Here is what my Kings look like in the descr_model_strat.txt.

;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; Kings ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;

type northern_generic_king
    scale 0.7
    indiv_range 40
    texture denmark, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_denmark.tga
    texture scotland, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_scotland.tga
    texture france, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_scotland.tga
    texture antioch, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_antioch.tga
    texture hre, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_hre.tga
    texture england, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_england.tga
    texture jerusalem, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_jerusalem.tga
    texture saxons, models_strat/textures/late_general_hre_strat.tga
    texture normans, models_strat/textures/late_general_england_strat.tga
    texture poland, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_poland.tga
    texture hungary, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_poland.tga
    texture russia, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_scotland.tga
    texture slave, models_strat/textures/late_general_rebels_strat.tga
    texture byzantium, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_byzantium.tga
    texture venice, models_strat/textures/northern_generic_king_venice.tga
    model_flexi_m models_strat/northern_generic_king.CAS, max
    type middle_eastern_sultan
    scale 0.7
    indiv_range 40
    texture egypt, models_strat/textures/middle_eastern_sultan_egypt.tga
    texture turks, models_strat/textures/middle_eastern_sultan_turks.tga
    model_flexi_m models_strat/middle_eastern_sultan.CAS, max

update: Actually, I changed my mind, I think this would be cool. Let me know if you get this working.
    As far as I know no other modder has managed to get this working. This remains the only thing from kingdoms we cannot transfer across to the grand campaign.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 06, 2008 at 01:09 PM.

I'll do that if isildor says no. I can't imagine him refusing me. I sent a PM requesting permission. He has custom textures for every faction in his mod for DLV.

Oh well about the king model, that would be cool.

EDIT: What did you use for sicily?

Funny you should ask I dont remember what I did and why it works but...

Here he is

At least it works! That's funny.

I used the jerusalem texture, actually, it looks cool for Sicily. I also got permission to use isilidil's DLV strat map textures, which are very, very nice. I used his moors, portugal, hungary, mongol, and a few others that look awesome.

Here is a pic, btw, of the Aztec faction leader in my mod (although I have yet to actually reach the Americas, this pic was "staged").

For those that may be waiting for this minor update, I'll post it later tonight.
    Cheers, and thanks everyone.

Polish foot knights with that mace and without helmet is total fiction. Please change the mace to 1h axe at least, and put a helmet on their heads – I would recommend szlom helmet (similar to the one of the upgraded mounted crossbowmen).

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

I know this is totally off-topic, but Silesian Noble, do me a favor and read my pm - I haven't banned you from our mod forums!
    - What can change the nature of a man?