Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

Nero2000's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

Hey is your stone forts addon compatible with just plain retrofit 1.0 not including GUAM?

They were left out because of the hardcoded limitation on new unit additions...plus, I thought they looked silly. Soldiers in the medieval era who could afford plate armor would not have fought on foot with spears...

Quote Originally Posted by Nero2000 View Post
    Hey is your stone forts addon compatible with just plain retrofit 1.0 not including GUAM?
    Nope, the fort addon is specifically for this mod.

Candelanus,

Hi, question for you... I'm working on adding Ireland to the retrofit mod, and I was wondering if you could explain to me how the kingdoms "king" battle models work... I understand how to give the initial faction leader the o'neil general model, but I don't know by what mechanism you make it heritable... I assume it is heritable? On my last campaign I didn't really use my sultans in combat much...

- Triumvere

Quote Originally Posted by Triumvere View Post
    Candelanus,

Hi, question for you... I'm working on adding Ireland to the retrofit mod, and I was wondering if you could explain to me how the kingdoms "king" battle models work... I understand how to give the initial faction leader the o'neil general model, but I don't know by what mechanism you make it heritable... I assume it is heritable? On my last campaign I didn't really use my sultans in combat much...

- Triumvere
    Well, it's been two years since I made this mod, so, I don't remember all the details, but, I added the model and textures to the mods/retrofit/data/unit_models/_generals_and_captains folder, and then added the appropriate references to the text file called descr_character.txt, as well as added the appropriate refences to the descr_strat.txt file (so the models appear at the game start with the correct faction leaders). They don't need to be "inherited", as the descr_character file will make *all* faction leaders use the referenced faction leader model from the Kingdoms expansion. I just copied the entire setup from the Kingdoms files to get it to work.

Hrrrrrm. Desc_characters contains entries for strat map models, but llists all battle models as "northern general." The descr_strat seems to be what sets the special battle model for use, but I still don't see how it is passed from one leader to the next... does it just happen automatically? Or do they all turn into "northern generals" on the battle map after the first character dies?

To reiterate, I have no problem with the strat model.

Quote Originally Posted by Triumvere View Post
    Hrrrrrm. Desc_characters contains entries for strat map models, but llists all battle models as "northern general." The descr_strat seems to be what sets the special battle model for use, but I still don't see how it is passed from one leader to the next... does it just happen automatically? Or do they all turn into "northern generals" on the battle map after the first character dies?

To reiterate, I have no problem with the strat model.
    Well, I reiterate, I haven't touched these files for over a year, so bear with me...

Scratch the characters file. The inheritence functionality is in the campaign_script.txt file, just scroll to the bottom of the file and locate the section called "faction leader models", and you'll see what I mean.

That's what I wanted! Thanks!

Hmmm. Also removed the "spawn canons" script... I think canons are still in as crusader mercs in the holy land in my mod, so it wouldn't have been an issue, but I have removed a lot of units so its good to see that there don't seem to be any other "surprise" units being generated by the script.

Norway and Kievan Rus down, now on to Ireland....

It's been a long time since I updated this mod, but, after the disappointment that ETW has turned out to be for me, I've gone back to playing my mod again, and, lo and behold, I found a bug. How it got past two years of playtesting is beyond me.

Updated July 4, 2009
    - Corrected bug that prevented the "unique units" (Canons of the Holy Sepulcher, Marshal of St James, Marshal of the Templars, and Marshal of the Hospitallers) from working properly. You can only have one of the uniques units at a time. When your unit dies, another one will become recruitable in the city in which the unit was originally created.
    - Removed the four Apachean units from the Aztec custom battles roster. This will prevent them from appearing in Aztec armies in Quick Battle mode. The four Apachean units are still on the campaign map in North America and still available as North American mercenaries.
    - Greek Firethrower Mercenaries are no longer available at the start of the game, you must wait for their recruitment pool to refresh.

The mod is still being classified as "Version 6.0", as I have not added any new content, only fixed a few small bugs. The new full installer is available in the first post of this thread.

Cheers,
    Candelarius aka Yakaspat

.good,no awsome mod,tried it,works just fine
    .Althought I need an explanation how to instal stone forts and whitch files i have to alter etc,etc..help would be nice,pleaseeeeee...

Quote Originally Posted by zimke View Post
    .good,no awsome mod,tried it,works just fine
    .Althought I need an explanation how to instal stone forts and whitch files i have to alter etc,etc..help would be nice,pleaseeeeee...
    Just run the optional stone forts installer.

Candelarius awesome job! quick qustion? Is the grand unit add on mod compatible with custom campaign mod 2? I think I have your mod installed with custom campiagn mod 2, crimson tide (blood mod) and broken crescent but can't tell if it is working with my custom campaign 2 mod campaigns unless I were to fast forward through a campaign to see if your units are there. Fast forwarding through a campaign to see if this mod is working with custom campaign mod 2 would take forever and would be boring. So I figured I would just ask the pro. So yes do you know if I can use your sweet mod with custom campaign mod 2 ? or is it only for retrofit 1.0? many thanks for your time

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlbc23 View Post
    Candelarius awesome job! quick qustion? Is the grand unit add on mod compatible with custom campaign mod 2? I think I have your mod installed with custom campiagn mod 2, crimson tide (blood mod) and broken crescent but can't tell if it is working with my custom campaign 2 mod campaigns unless I were to fast forward through a campaign to see if your units are there. Fast forwarding through a campaign to see if this mod is working with custom campaign mod 2 would take forever and would be boring. So I figured I would just ask the pro. So yes do you know if I can use your sweet mod with custom campaign mod 2 ? or is it only for retrofit 1.0? many thanks for your time

The answer to your question, my friend, lies in the name of this mod: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0.

All gentle reproving aside, this mod is solely intended for use with the Retrofit Mod and no other mods.

Thanks for the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    The answer to your question, my friend, lies in the name of this mod: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0.

All gentle reproving aside, this mod is solely intended for use with the Retrofit Mod and no other mods.

Thanks for the compliments.
    Thanks for the fast response. I'm going to reinstall the game and download this mod retrofit 1.0, crimson tide 4.0, and broken crecent.

ok I just tried to install this with broken crescent 2.0 and retrofit 1.0 but my game crashes when I load either retrofit mod or Broken crescent. Does this mean that I can't have your mod installed with retrofit and broken crescent 2.0 at the same time? I would like to be able to have broken crescent 2.0 installed and retrofit mod with your mod for two seperate campaigns but it doesn't seem that they want to run together. Maybe I have to only have either retrofit and your mod installed or broken crescent, not both.

Also in the installation instructions for your mod what does this mean ? Unpack the data packs for Americas, Crusades, and Teutonic campaigns.
    - run tools\unpacker\unpack_americas.bat
    - run tools\unpacker\unpack_crusades.bat
    - run tools\unpacker\unpack_teutonic.bat

Where are the data packs at ? in your mod ? and where do I unpack them to ?
    Last edited by jasonlbc23; July 28, 2009 at 05:21 AM.

ok I just tried to install this with broken crescent 2.0 and retrofit 1.0 but my game crashes when I load either retrofit mod or Broken crescent. Does this mean that I can't have your mod installed with retrofit and broken crescent 2.0 at the same time? I would like to be able to have broken crescent 2.0 installed and retrofit mod with your mod for two seperate campaigns but it doesn't seem that they want to run together. Maybe I have to only have either retrofit and your mod installed or broken crescent, not both.

I'm sorry, but, as I said in my FAQ, it is not possible for me to know why or why not another mod will or will not work with my mod. As long as all the mods install into their own sub-folders (like my mod does do), then all the mods should work fine. My mod installs into the Retrofit Mod sub-folder, as long as you use the Retrofit Mod desktop icon or the Retrofit Mod link in the Launcher, the mod should work 100% perfect.

Some of the major mods, like BC and Stainless Steel mods, may not install all of their files into the sub-mod folders, but place some files outside their folders. This was the case a year or two ago when I tried to get SS to work with other mods. I'm not sure if that's the case now, I don't play any other mods but my own anymore. But, you may want to ask in the BC forum if their mod truly does fully install into its own sub-folder entirely. If it does, it should be totally compatible with my mod. If it doesn't, it may not be. This is not my mods fault, if that's the case, as a solid mod should fully install into its own sub-folder, as this is the entire point of CA creating the sub-folder system in the first place.

Also in the installation instructions for your mod what does this mean ? Unpack the data packs for Americas, Crusades, and Teutonic campaigns.
    - run tools\unpacker\unpack_americas.bat
    - run tools\unpacker\unpack_crusades.bat
    - run tools\unpacker\unpack_teutonic.bat

Where are the data packs at ? in your mod ? and where do I unpack them to ?
    Those instructions are not in my mod's installation instructions. Are you sure you are talking about my mod and not another? My mod does not require ANY files to be unpacked, all the files necessary to run my mod are fully contained in the self-installer I've provided. All you need to run my mod is Kingdoms installed, patched, with the Retrofit installed, and then my mod installed. That's it.

Good luck.

I'm sorry, but, as I said in my FAQ, it is not possible for me to know why or why not another mod will or will not work with my mod. As long as all the mods install into their own sub-folders (like my mod does do), then all the mods should work fine. My mod installs into the Retrofit Mod sub-folder, as long as you use the Retrofit Mod desktop icon or the Retrofit Mod link in the Launcher, the mod should work 100% perfect.

Some of the major mods, like BC and Stainless Steel mods, may not install all of their files into the sub-mod folders, but place some files outside their folders. This was the case a year or two ago when I tried to get SS to work with other mods. I'm not sure if that's the case now, I don't play any other mods but my own anymore. But, you may want to ask in the BC forum if their mod truly does fully install into its own sub-folder entirely. If it does, it should be totally compatible with my mod. If it doesn't, it may not be. This is not my mods fault, if that's the case, as a solid mod should fully install into its own sub-folder, as this is the entire point of CA creating the sub-folder system in the first place.

Those instructions are not in my mod's installation instructions. Are you sure you are talking about my mod and not another? My mod does not require ANY files to be unpacked, all the files necessary to run my mod are fully contained in the self-installer I've provided. All you need to run my mod is Kingdoms installed, patched, with the Retrofit installed, and then my mod installed. That's it.

Good luck.
    Thanks again for the fast response, I have a feeling that the only reason it isn't working is because I also have broken crescent installed, I don't think it installs entirely into it's own subfolder, and like you said this can cause problems. I will have to install and play broken crescent and your mod with retrofit seperatly.

doh I downloaded an ancient version of the mod that's why I had the rong read me txt. and probably why I am having issues, because I have been trying to install the wrong mod.

filefront wasn't working for me but now it is finaly.
    Last edited by jasonlbc23; July 29, 2009 at 07:39 PM.

Nope, that is not my readme. That is the readme for a very, very old mod called the Kingdoms Units Addon Mod, made by Madrono. That mod was posted back in 2007 and is terribly out-of-date, and had some known issues. The original version of my own mod was to bring that old mod up-to-date. Later, as my mod expanded it took on a life of its own, and the Grand Unit Addon Mod was born.

So, you have been troubleshooting and trying to get an old, probably pre-patched mod to function my friend.

To install my mod (which does work), delete your Retrofit folder, reinstall the Retrofit, and then install the Grand Unit Addon Mod, which is found in the first post of this thread.

PS. Could you please edit your post above mine and remove that readme, it may confuse other people here.

Nope, that is not my readme. That is the readme for a very, very old mod called the Kingdoms Units Addon Mod, made by Madrono. That mod was posted back in 2007 and is terribly out-of-date, and had some known issues. The original version of my own mod was to bring that old mod up-to-date. Later, as my mod expanded it took on a life of its own, and the Grand Unit Addon Mod was born.

So, you have been troubleshooting and trying to get an old, probably pre-patched mod to function my friend.

To install my mod (which does work), delete your Retrofit folder, reinstall the Retrofit, and then install the Grand Unit Addon Mod, which is found in the first post of this thread.

PS. Could you please edit your post above mine and remove that readme, it may confuse other people here.
    oooohhhh this explains a lot haha thanks. I think I know what happened, the download link for your mod on this thread from filefront wasn't working, so I googled your mod and must have found and downloaded an ancient version.

Ok I finaly got the filefront working, for some reason it kept giving me a error message whenever I tried to use the filefront link from this thread, then out of no where it decides to work. I don't understand but I'm glad it decided not to give me an error message so I could download it.

Thanks for your help CAndelarius.
    Last edited by jasonlbc23; July 29, 2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: I finaly got the filefront link to work for me