Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

Default Re: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Is their another way to download this, because filefront has very limited servers, and I need it to download Grand Factions Addon! Please reply ASAP as i can't wait to start playing this great Mod

Please see the FAQ.

Miles

Hey Candel, I'm interested in both of these mods (Retrofit/Grand Unit).

Just have a couple questions.

- Do either of these mods incorporate Campaign AI or Battle AI?
    - Does this mod attempt to fix any of the games diplomacy issues?
    - When starting a new game, do you have the option of starting a Early or Late campaign?
    - Does the AI field realistic armies?
    - Are AI factions aggressive? Do they typically field large armies, for example if you set the campaign to Hard or VH?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mdibatti View Post
    Hey Candel, I'm interested in both of these mods (Retrofit/Grand Unit).

Just have a couple questions.

- Do either of these mods incorporate Campaign AI or Battle AI?
    - Does this mod attempt to fix any of the games diplomacy issues?
    - When starting a new game, do you have the option of starting a Early or Late campaign?
    - Does the AI field realistic armies?
    - Are AI factions aggressive? Do they typically field large armies, for example if you set the campaign to Hard or VH?

Thanks!
    No, no, no, yes, yes.

Warning: I recently installed the For King or Country (English Civil War) Mod which then caused my own mod to not load. I looked over the files of the King or Country Mod and couldn't figure out what was causing the issue. But, when I uninstalled the King or Country Mod, and then reinstalled my own mod, the problem went away. So, just like the readme for the King or Country Mod states, it may not be compatible with other mods and really does require a fresh install of M2TW.

Miles

Thanks for the quick response....just a small followup

- starting a new game w/ both mods installed......is it only Grand Campaign? Which means you start in the games default year, no opportunity to start later?

- on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being 'EASY'....how hard would it be to use your Addon with another mod...say LTC?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by mdibatti; October 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdibatti View Post
    Thanks for the quick response....just a small followup

- starting a new game w/ both mods installed......is it only Grand Campaign? Which means you start in the games default year, no opportunity to start later?

- on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being 'EASY'....how hard would it be to use your Addon with another mod...say LTC?

Thanks again.

Yes, the Retrofit Mod...and by extension my mod...only modify the Grand Campaign. Essentially, think of the Retrofit Mod + Grand Unit Addon as simply "patches" that add Kingdoms content to the Grand Campaign. No mess, no fuss, just a few simple enhancements...and lots of units.

My mod is compatible with any other mod that installs itself into it's own mymod folder. So LTC, Broken Crescent, Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod, etc, (like the Kingdoms campaigns) are fully compatible. Mods that do not install into their own mymod folder, such as Stainless Steel and For King or Country, may not be fully compatible, since they do not install into their own mymod folders, but instead use their own subfolders.

Miles

Is there any special install instructions if I wanted to use this with LTC?

Do I just install into the M2TW base folder, or would I install it into the LTC folder?

Or something else I suppose?

Thanks again for your help!

When he says its compatible with LTC, he means having LTC installed won't make this not work. They don't actually get merged and used at the same time. It would take a deal of modding to incorporate all this stuff into LTC.

Back when I was making my addons for LTC I did a lot of it but it was a drag..

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Grenier is correct, my mod cannot be merged with LTC. You can just have both mods installed. You would just install my mod into your main M2TW folder.

Miles

Had a feeling that was the case, just wanted to make sure.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Hi Candelarius!

Since I can't PM you, I'll post my question here^^

I'm currently working on a mod for Kingdoms and always when I'm adding a new unit the game crashes and I don't know why.

1st: I add the EDU-entry
    2nd: I add the models in the modeldb
    3rd: I increase the number 701 by one.

But whether I do it or not, the game has always an unexpected error at the start.

The modeldb syntax script didn't find anything and I just copy the entry from one of the Kingdoms Campaigns.

I use file_first= true and I'm working with it from a modfolder.

Cheers and I hope you can help me,
    Nevada

Hy I have a big problem :
    Installed medieval 2 + kingdoms +patch 1.5
    Installed retrofit 1.0 in e:\medieval2\mods
    Installed GUAM in e:\medieval 2
    Installed the permanent forts in e:\medieval 2
    The game works , I fight a custom battle where I use polish guard cavalry , then I start a campaign with hre, then I quit campaign map and then I want to start a new custom battle but I don't find the polish guard. It is normal or I had only the sensation I used polish guard ?
    Another thing :I knew there were clerics for denmark but when i want to play a custom battle i don't find them . It' s normal?
    thx

Resolved thx I was playing early era .

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Hi Candelarius!

I'm currently working on a mod for Kingdoms and always when I'm adding a new unit the game crashes and I don't know why.

But whether I do it or not, the game has always an unexpected error at the start.

The modeldb syntax script didn't find anything and I just copy the entry from one of the Kingdoms Campaigns.

Nevada

I re-enabled my PM and email settings...I had disabled them because I was getting bombed a few months ago with constant questions...like this one.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure what your issue is. I would love to take the time to walk you through it, but, problems like this are hard to track down and I honestly simply do not have the time to help you. Godspeed, my friend, I hope you figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by an_do_89 View Post
    Resolved thx I was playing early era .
    Good.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Godspeed, my friend, I hope you figure it out.
    Ok, thanks.

Sorry for starting the bombardment again, i just thought you could help since you add over 100 units with your mod^^

Ok, thanks.

Sorry for starting the bombardment again, i just thought you could help since you add over 100 units with your mod^^

True, and I would love to help...but, I made this mod a year and a half ago, and to be honest, I would need to relearn a lot of what I did to make this mod at this point....and I simply do not have the time to help people make their own mods. My best suggestion is post for help in the general modding forum.

Good luck!

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Hi Candelarius!

Nevada
    I had a similar problem too when adding units to GUAM, and the reason was very simple: my game needed to be unpacked.

If that's not it, maybe you're not adding the correct #s to the modeldb; i.e., when you add a new unit plus it's upgrade, you have to add 2 to the modeldb, not one. But judging by your rep and how long you've been around, I doubt it's a n00bie mistake like that

The only other thing I can think of is that in the steps you listed, you didn't mention adding new models or textures in their respective folders, which you would need to do if adding completely new units that didn't use pre-existing models. I'm assuming that the units you're adding use models already in the game, but if not, that would explain why you're getting an unspecified error. But that's a n00bie mistake too, and you look like an experienced modder, so I doubt it's that.

How very mysterious...

Please note:

1. Your game installation does not need to be unpacked for this mod to work.
    2. You cannot add any additional units to this mod, it is already at the unit max.
    3. If you are just in need of general modding help, please post all questions in the general modding forum, and not in this specific mod's thread.

Thanks,
    Candelarius

Just wanted to say that I like this mod very much
    Congratulations to Candelarius
    (Can't send rep, yet )

Hey,
    I was just wondering if somebody could give me links to download the latest version of this mod and everthing needed to play it, oh and does this mod basically put all the frations into one game insted of them being in seperate launchers like kingdoms?
    Thanks