Thread: About the order of kings...

Default About the order of kings...

I'm unsure if anyone has already asked this question and I have not really seen this in the Character Names mod itself.

I was wondering if I could edit the names of Kings to represent lineage, such as William I, William II, Henry V, etc. If I were to do that, would it be stuck with random selections and end up with Henry VI and then go back to Henry III?
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Default Re: About the order of kings...

You would only be able to do it for the first two generations, by naming them that in the descr_strat, in the initial family tree. You might manage a third generation by making a son of the faction heir old enough to be an adult before the faciton heir adopted someone else. The eldest in that line, adopted or not, will become the heir when the prince becomes king.

Unfortunately, after what is in the family tree, it is entirely random with names chosen from the descr_names.txt list for that faction. If you put Roman numerals after the names in the descr_names.txt, which is where they'd have to be to be used later on, then even your merchants and priests and generals and such could end up named Henry VIII or whatever is in that list. And it's certainly possible that Henry III couldcome after Henry IV. It's just a limitation in the way CA set up the names, and there doesn't appear to be a way to mod around it.

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Perfectly correct

Darn. All we can do is hope that Empire will correct this. CA really should have changed the family tree system for Med II from Rome, it's extremely flawed.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri