Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Online Multiplayer Campaign: Medieval II (Setup Guide)

Default Re: Online Multiplayer Campaign: Medieval II (Setup Guide)

No xp service pack 1 on both comp.

What i need to play multiplayer?Expansion kingodm? Some program or what?

Well, Kingdoms does support it. However you should not have a problem with the settings you listed. Do you have your preferences file set to read only after you configured it?

do you need the game key to do multi player???

you need the game key to install the game...

but do you need it to do mulitplayer?

That's like asking me if you can play with a cracked version.

Hi

I would like to create HS on base of SS 6.1 mod but on Late campaign.
    How can I to do the Late campaign(it is as additional) as the main one.
    (admin of current hs forgot what the changes he made)
    Thanks
    bad boy boogie

If you have set the preferences file for SS to match what's in the guide then you should be able to start any campaign and play, what exactly is your trouble?

Bit late to the hot seat party, and it's just me and afew mates sharing a comp, but this thread really filled in some blanks for me in terms of how it all works and how best to do it. A belated rep is in order Now I know the theory I can attempt to put it into practice.

Great to hear have fun mate!

Hey im having problems seeing the pictures all isee is a red X could you upload them to photobucket or something? ( or are there other ways to fix it)

Hello, I'm very sorry about that! I recently ended a contract with my previous host and had forgotten all about these guides. I will need some time to locate these screens if I still have them. If I don't you may have to wait until Monday when I can reproduce them. Due to other issues I don't have Medieval installed at the moment.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll update both threads with a new post as soon as I have the visuals back.

Swordthrower's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: (REVISED 12-11-07) Medieval II Online Multiplayer Campaign - Setup Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lonck View Post
    I have a problem. I want to be able to play by myself but I also want to switch factions mid-game. The problem with the current settings is that when I switch factions the first faction I choose doesn't go to AI, but instead I take control the next turn. Is there a way that I can switch factions and the first faction to be managed by AI and I loose control of it? Also, is there a way to disable password asking every turn?
    I browsed the thread and saw references to console but not this command specifically. I know this post is over a month old but I recently began playing many all human campaigns and completely forgot about the console because it was disabled in the configs I used originally. Now depending on the mod you may have more factions than you can literally display on campaign start up, but have no fear! All you need to change control of factions mid game is (assuming you are already multiplayer enabled):

A) console enabled in your .cfg

2) to know exactly how the faction is named in the desc_strat file, wherever that may be located in your mod or install. (For example in my mod Holy Roman Empire is HRE, and Kiev is Kiev_Rus.)

Then mid campaign game, on the campaign map, open console put in the following command and then hit enter: control X

X is that exact name of your faction as found in the desc_strat file I mentioned earlier. And if you wish to hand the faction back over to the AI, you enter the command again in the exact same way.

As far as playing multiplayer without passwords, you can but have to play a patched MTW2 version, with an edited .cfg file and create a batch file to launch the game. I found details about doing this on a different forum however am confident if you forum search for hotseat batch files or hotseat config files you will find identical instructions here too.

Hopes this helps any newcomers like myself prevent pulling a few hairs out. (And if this is thread redundant I apologize, I did scan the thread pretty thoroughly but may have missed it.)
    The best way to reveal yourself for the attention mongering reality ignoring vanity ridden snot nosed beast that you are is by continuing to make those sweeping trendy but out of touch generalizations that you love so much. In case you were wondering.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hmmmm, im finding it hard to make sense of it with missiing pics!

Could anyone who has already done this post giving worded instructions for every step, covering especially the missing pics?

+REP if you do!

Hello there!

I'm going to start Hotseat with my friend and i would like to know if it is possible that i can fight every battle on battle map even if i am defending against AI?

Sorry I haven't kept up with this. I lost those screens and will need to reproduce them. Though the instructions should guide you through as well enough. The screens that are missing are basically showing you the menu and the password screen. I have to reinstall the game before I can put them back but having pc issues which is why I didn't fix it yet.

Also if you're actually playing a hotseat (same computer) with your friend there's a setting I believe that may help, but I cannot recall. Have you looked through this thread I think it has been brought up before.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Its ok, i got it done.

It works exactly the same way as Kingdoms hotseat, same screens, same options etc.

I was just concerned those pics showed something i needed to know thats different to Kingdoms Hotseat.

I've played around with it a bit, including adding myself as an admin to the Hotseat. A very informative thread!

Me and some clan mates are starting a 6 person Campaign, with England, France, Holy Romans, Denmark, Poland and Venice, so Europe is gonna look like a warzone soon!

Out of curiosity, is there a way to get Hotseats on RTW?

I found Myrddraal script, but it keeps CTD'ing when i pick more than one roman?

Its my new fave game mode, im currently embroiled in 2 Kingdoms and one M2TW Hotseat, but me and my mates are dying to do one on RTW!

Hey thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to see people still finding this thread useful with ETW being released these days. I'll try to get the screens fixed at some point here, got a lot going at the moment. I would love to see images from your campaign, but that would probably ruin trade secrets with your allies

As for RTW, I believe there is a mod or two that has incorporated the capability. I'm not very schooled on that. But I believe there were some people playing RS and something else as mp campaign. I would try posting around the RTW forums here if you haven't already.

Good luck with the campaign, have fun.

- A

Armatus, is Hotseat feature only in Kingdom expansion, right? How come choose more factions and start campaign with Single Player in M2 without Kingdom.
    And Hidden images of first post are broken or something. Hope you'll come around this dying thread.