Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Online Multiplayer Campaign: Medieval II (Setup Guide)

Default Re: (REVISED 12-11-07) Medieval II Online Multiplayer Campaign - Setup Guide

Hmm I'll have to meditate on that one the last long campaign we played was with Kingdoms where I was getting sieged a lot, but I just can't remember at the moment. Right now our M2 BC game hasnt' got to that stage for me, but you are free to ask in our thread if anyone else has got those messages if you like as we may be needing a couple new players to fill in if you are interested and able to work this out.

EDIT: here's the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141035

Default Re: (REVISED 12-11-07) Medieval II Online Multiplayer Campaign - Setup Guide

Thanks, I'll look into it sometime later.

I have a quick q (i have vanilla 1.3, BC mod)

is it possible to play this hotseat-game in one pc itself? does this tweak enable two players play on the same machine? as opposed to emailing to another one?

cos im not sure if that feature is there..can anyone shed light on it?

thanks heaps
    The Ancient Martial Arts Of Southern India Kalari+Varma adi

You could play on the same machine with these settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    You could play on the same machine with these settings.
    ah thanks a lot man
    The Ancient Martial Arts Of Southern India Kalari+Varma adi

First off, thanks for making this.
    But, I have some questions...

All players that I want to play with need to have these same settings enabled, right? (I assume so, but just double checking...)

Does this work with version 1.2?

Will this erase my current campaign?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by rizzes; June 01, 2008 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzes View Post
    First off, thanks for making this.
    But, I have some questions...

Your welcome, hope it helps.

All players that I want to play with need to have these same settings enabled, right? (I assume so, but just double checking...)

When I made this I assumed that was the case, I have heard differently, but just to be sure it doesn't hurt to have everyone copy these settings that way if they want to start their own campaigns they will be set up to do so.

Does this work with version 1.2?

When I made this guide I tested on 1.3 so I am not certain, but feel free to test it out on 1.2.

Will this erase my current campaign?

It won't erase your current campaign, as long as you have it saved. It should be no different than saving and loading multiple regular campaign games.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by rial2209 View Post
    I am absolutely stunned that still, there has been no strategy game (that i know of) with a playable multiplayer campaign!

Some have got close, and i must say that this is no where near playable for me, or anyone that i would play these games with.

After 2 weeks a quit playing LOTR: BFME II because i just got tired of soloing it out, and the endless random battles online didnt reallly give me the kicks. They had atleast made a campaign which you could play via LAN or even online, but as me and a couple of friends started playing it, we hit a brick wall, we werent able to fight the AI unless all of us were in the battle.

Then i got Medieval 2. And it seems that your not even able to play against AI in the random battles! It was possible in Rome (i hope!) so why remove that?! And why not make a multiplayer campaign even though there are petitions to you guys to make one?!

I just cant believe it.. Its a fact that the second someone gets the brilliant idea of adding a desent multiplayer campaign to strategy game, everyone will swap to that, no matter how big a fans they are of TW. So why be a complete idiot and not capitalize on the market, huh?

Please, make a mode, even if its just for LAN! If someone reads this and is capable of doing so, please hear my pleas and cries!:

Make a multiplayer campaign mode for Medieval 2: Total War, where you can fight all your battles against human, and AI players, and enjoy your gaming experience!
    Try out civilization IV.

Pretty brilliant, no real time stuff though.

Empire at war also has campaign, but I think it's only 2 people

Quote Originally Posted by dr_guerra View Post
    Try out civilization IV.

Pretty brilliant, no real time stuff though.

Empire at war also has campaign, but I think it's only 2 people

Other games really are not the topic here. Please keep it to questions about the Medieval 2 Multiplayer campaign settings.

Thanks

ok so me and my friend are playing a campaign on one comp. I fallowed the set up guide and it works fine but i have a question. is there a way to allow it so we can see the AI moves instead of it just going to a black screen. I guess this world involve disabling the passwords, which we don't use any way, but how do i do this.

Thanks

Well my first test of this long a ago I believe I saw the AI moves. I'm not 100% sure, but I think if it is not related to the passwords what version of M2 are you running 1.4?

i think i'm still on 1.2 I did notice that if i really want to see their moves i can just use the cheat to turn of fog of war.

Ah didn't think of that one

ya but is there a way to turn passwords off or is that something that i do if i set myself as admin

Well you could try to change this line and see if it makes a difference.

update_ai_camera = 0

set it to 1

EDIT: when I started my first test for hotseat I think I had 1.2 or 1.3? anyway we had no passwords until (I think) I had changed some of these settings. I just can't recall what I had added or changed and if it made a difference after the 1.4 patch.
    Last edited by Armatus; June 30, 2008 at 07:10 AM.

...if you somehow hacked the AI and made it possible to replace it with another player you would be able to play plaver vs player in campain.
    So anyone who knows how to do this or have any idea?

You're best asking that question in our modding forum. I have no idea how you would go about doing something like that, but if you can figure it out you would be a popular individual.

I am new to this forum, but all I wanted to find, was to see if it was possible to play multiplayer in the turned based game.

Many thx for making that happen. The last thing Medieval totalwar needed.
    I canīt wait to try it

Welcome to the forum and glad to help.

just to be sure. This is for medievel 2 total war right? What about the expansions, do they work with it also?