Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Online Multiplayer Campaign: Medieval II (Setup Guide)

Default Re: Online Multiplayer Campaign: Medieval II (Setup Guide)

If my memory serves me correct since the screenshots I had were lost. You simply start like a grand campaign, just select multiple factions if you are the one starting the game.

Sorry,English isn t my motherlanguage so i have some problems.i wanna ask a simple question.
    in same house,different two comp and can we play medieval II total war CAMPAING together ?

Yes,we can but i have problem with hotseat
    i cannot create a game,it cant find game and when i click on start,happen nothing :S

Did you follow any of these instructions?

Hello everybody,

Thank you for the guide to turn Medieval II Total War into a Multiplayer Campaign, I've wish this since the first medieval, but too bad we can't do the battle in real time, however, I prefer politics, and strategy movement on the campaign map than the whole war game

I'm actually looking for players interest to form a campaign. Here is my email address : Rprime16@hotmail.com Send me a e-mail if interest, and I will contact you shortly, I'm sure we can set up something ^.^

i can't replace the file it says "acces denied" can someone pls send me the file via e-mail?

Hi, sounds great and I have read the whole post following the instructions (e.g. preferences) so I can play against a friend.

I have XP home and my friend has Vista. We have the same version of the game and tried with kingdoms mods. We have tried using dropbox (foldershare does not support XP anymore) and USB sticks to transfer the saves.

The problem is: whenever we load a game saved on the other's computer it will go through the loading bar and then drop to windows with this error:

'Encountered an unspecified error and will now exit upon loading the campaign game'

Greatly appreciated if anyone can suggest a resolution?

Who gets the error you or your friend? there may be a different save location for Vista, which I have never used.

Thanks for the reply, we both get the same error message. The odd thing is when I save the game and then move it to dropbox it stays around 25k but when putting on a USB stick it seems to expand to a few hundred k.

I'm not sure on what to advise as I do not use Vista and am a little confused at what difference there could be when swapping the files. Maybe someone else here could offer some suggestions?

Setting campaign difficulty as easy will lead to players expanding their states faster = clashing against each other earlier. Right?

So maybe easy or normal campaign difficulty (with very hard battle difficulty) would be better for a Multiplayer game?

pretty much all the games I've played in were on hard/very hard

Those who play with all battles Auto-Resolve rules usually play on Normal campaign / battle difficulty.

That's what they told me on another forum.

never cared to play auto resolve only myself.

Hello!

I have done everything as asked to the point when you have to choose your faction. But when I click singleplayer grand campaign there are only the normal factions and when i click start its starts normally as with the intro and the campaign is singleplayer no password screen. The medieval2.preference has the stuff and its read only. Everything shoud be right but it does not work. So what have I done wrong and has this something to do with it that I have edited the imperial campaign descr. strat?

What version are you running and can you post a screenshot(s)?

Looks like epic time consumption

You could always buy Shogun 2 and disregard this guide.

Hello,
    I notice that this thread is quite old and im following the instructions disregarding the fact that I use windows7 and most likely these guides were created for Wxp

Im having trouble with editing the config, no matter what commands i type in the file (valid ones, such as windowed=true and the ones needed to play multiplayer campaign) they wont take effect when I run the game. Infact i can delete the whole config and the game will still run, unharmed

Any idea why does this happen? i believe it has to do with admin rights, i need to run notepad as administrator and open the file as such but still im not sure why it doesnt take effect

If anyone still plays M2TW in 2012 please reply !

Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    Hello!

I have done everything as asked to the point when you have to choose your faction. But when I click singleplayer grand campaign there are only the normal factions and when i click start its starts normally as with the intro and the campaign is singleplayer no password screen. The medieval2.preference has the stuff and its read only. Everything shoud be right but it does not work. So what have I done wrong and has this something to do with it that I have edited the imperial campaign descr. strat?
    Actually ive just noticed my problem is pretty much the same as Joppe