Thread: A beautyful work, but what about gameplay?

Default A beautyful work, but what about gameplay?

Hello everyone,
    I'm really glad to have discovered this new mod, and I'm quite impressed by your work! But if you CAN'T waste all this beauty on the vanilla M2TW! Really, it would be a crime!

Why don't you look for an expanded map, maybe from a released mod (I would suggest The Sicilian Vespers), and ask the modder to use it? I'm sure it won't be difficult... And why don't inculde an AI mod, you know, Lusted Experimental AI, XAI 2.20, Ultimate AI? They all work fine, and their creators loves to give them to anyone (I guess there's some kind of competition between them...).

I know that maybe you would prefer to build your own mod (all by myself... ta-da, ta-da, ta-daaaa), but while you're working on, go fisching in the modding community and make your first relase great! You know, the players got used to a wider landscape of regions and to a less stupid (I can't say more intelligent) AI... the vanilla is outdated. Think on it.

Best wishes - you're doing something great!

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: A beautyful work, but what about gameplay?

Maybe you're right... But! The mods you mentioned don't include modeling and skinning, and I'm not adept in scripting either. I'm interested in this artistic work, do someone else put my stuff together with their own or with someone else's stuff, for e.g. you.
    This is the point, that I only wanted to do something with the skins and banners.
    Otherwise thanks for the compliments!

And you are doing a superb job too! Im waiting to start an English campaign with these new skins.

You don’t have to wait too long any more.

Konstantin I's Avatar Civis

Ornamentum mod contains only graphical improvements, like new skins, new battle models If you want some AI improvements, you must see Ultimate AI mod

GubZol's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin I View Post
    Ornamentum mod contains only graphical improvements, like new skins, new battle models If you want some AI improvements, you must see Ultimate AI mod
    Yes Ornamentum contains only graphical improvements, but i work on a mini mod for Ornamentum to... In this mini-mod many surprises wait for you...
    AI changes, Unit stats changes, Wall and deffence changes, Mooooor Bood!!, and many surprises yet...
    A litle mod for The Ornamentum mod...

Gameplay.. Who cares. Put the "model_strat" and the "iu" and such... Put in the Lands to Conquer. Its puuuuurfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachinko View Post
    Gameplay.. Who cares. Put the "model_strat" and the "iu" and such... Put in the Lands to Conquer. Its puuuuurfect.

Ged's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Uryens View Post
    start an English campaign with these new skins.
    Blast! That's my idea!

On a side note: Loving the skins, loving the mod.

My opinion: Just let these talented guys focus on what they're good at! Since eyecandy is the purpose of this mod, so be it! Make it perfect! If you need gameplay elements, combine them with other mod yourself, or possibly modders will consider Ornamentum as a must in their own mod.

Yes! Good answer!

Quote Originally Posted by zxiang1983 View Post
    My opinion: Just let these talented guys focus on what they're good at! Since eyecandy is the purpose of this mod, so be it! Make it perfect! If you need gameplay elements, combine them with other mod yourself, or possibly modders will consider Ornamentum as a must in their own mod.
    I wholeheartedly agree, the visuals are where your talents lie, so concentrate on that. Merging them with the various gameplay mods will come soon enough.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Danova you are gonna save my second campain with Danes in SS...its awsome. If you could make skins for Viking Merceneries, as how they looked like, would be awsome man. Would you consider making new skins for generals, heir and Kings? Early and after appeareance of plate...something to think about

Could some of Viking Raiders and Viking Merceneries have such helmets?

Check this site with these pictures :

http://www.viking-shield.com/helmets.html

Would be awsome
    Last edited by Gazi Husrev-Beg; January 02, 2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Links
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

ok!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

excellent job with this project. Your units are outstanding more so than many of the more popular mods out there. Certainly equal to the quality that you see in the units from broken crescent. Your units with a map extended to the east to include more muslim factions would certainly be top notch. Good luck.

Thnanks Mate!

big_feef's Avatar Ordinarius

Ok, I've been playing as England for several days now using Ornamentum. All I can say is that it is bloody awesome. I can't wait for you to do the HRE and hopefully (knowing full well that there's a ton of Byzantium skins out there) Byzantium and the Turks, my two favourite factions. Heck, I can't wait for you guys to do France and Spain/Portugal (these two I never play because they're ugly!).

I only have one gripe though... why couldn't the upgraded mounted English Knights have the extremely cool helmets of the upgraded Dismouted English Knights... and why do the second upgrade for the Armoured Swordsmen isn't the same as the upgrade for the Dismounted English Knights? As you can probably tell, I think the upgraded Dismounted English Knights are the coolest; followed closely by the upgraded Retinue Longbowmen.

Heck, your mod just rocks!
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools" - Thucydides

hm, ok. I'm gonna think about it.