Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RTRPE 1.9 Custom mod v.11

Default Re: RTRPE 1.9 Custom mod v.11

Very interesting mod add-on PeterofNJ. It might drift a bit from historical in some points, but looks to be interesting. Congrats on a well put together mod.
    Marcus Camillus

Yes this mod is really interesting. I would like more updates.

Hi peterofjn, thanks for your great mod, it's very well done, it's very pleasant to play it! I just need an explanation, you see, i want to add some units from a faction to another one, so what can i do that? for example adding the numidian legionaries to the roman faction? i've already added the unit to the roman barracks (descr-building and also descr-unit), but in the battle map they have the real roman legionaries textures, why??? thanks

Tiro
    Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (CCAA)

Hi peterofijn,

I believe that your mod is really great to complete the RTRPE 1.9.
    But I spend so much time into my Data-folder and made some changes on my own (units from other mods like new cretan archers).
    I really like your Roman units. So I tried to integrate the Principes and the Legionaries (white/red). Everything went right with the Principes, but I have Problems with both types of Legionaries:
    In the battle they disappear, when I'm zooming out the camera or when they are too far away.
    Is there s.th. wrong with the models?

Here are the changes I've done in my descr_model_battle:

type legion_lorenca
    skeleton fs_javelinman, fs_s1_gladius
    indiv_range 40
    texture romans_julii, data/RTR/models_unit/textures/senate_legion.tga
    texture romans_brutii, data/RTR/models_unit/textures/senate_legion.tga
    texture romans_scipii, data/RTR/models_unit/textures/senate_legion.tga
    model_flexi_m RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_legionary_ii_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_legionary_ii_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_legionary_ii_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_legionary_ii_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite romans_scipii, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/new_principes_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_brutii, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/new_principes_sprite.spr
    model_sprite romans_julii, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/new_principes_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

Perhaps this is my 'personal' problem, 'cause of all the changes I've made, but I would feel better, if you or anybody else would check this in a custom-battle!

Thank You
    tarusinas

Quote Originally Posted by Tarusinas View Post
    In the battle they disappear, when I'm zooming out the camera or when they are too far away.
    That happens when there are no sprites with the name you got in DMB. When you zoom out the sprites are supposed to replace the 3model to make it easier on your system, but apparently yours are missing. Or you`ve made a typo when you`ve written the text.

Tiro
    Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (CCAA)

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    That happens when there are no sprites with the name you got in DMB. When you zoom out the sprites are supposed to replace the 3model to make it easier on your system, but apparently yours are missing. Or you`ve made a typo when you`ve written the text.
    You're right. I didn't check where I have to put in the new sprites.
    They are in the RTRPE-data-folder now....
    I just had to add 'RTRPE' in my DMB and it looks like this now:
    model_sprite romans_julii, 60.0, RTRPE/data/RTR/sprites/new_principes_sprite.spr

I think I'm not a natural born modder...
    Thank you
    Last edited by Tarusinas; March 30, 2008 at 12:03 PM.

I usually delete the sprites as they are useless to me but for low-spec PCs. Nowday neraly all Pcs can handle RTW at maximum...

why is there no upkeep for any unit?

Looks like the author hasn't been here recently,eh? I would like to take this mod and try to tweak it a bit.

Senator

Very nice work on the units. I like the shield designs and colours especially. My only criticism is that the Roman units are mostly equipped with very late Republic/Early Imperial Roman equipment - and by that time there were no Principes, Hastati or Triari, only legionaries all identically equipped.

Personally that spoils it for me but its a matter of taste and how much you want historical accuracy vs a bit of creative change.

Well it's not completely true. For sure the late republic/Imperial legions had identical soldiers because thx to Marius reform, the Roman army was reformed to be more like today.However there were some differences in the role and type. Auxiliary were different from legionaries for example.
    However yes it would be really good to have such good work for early/mid republic time troops. BTW if you look carfully there are principes,hastati and triarii. Look in the first page pics.

He meant that the principes, hastati and triarii are equipped as if they were imperial legionaries in these pics.

Im having an issue running this with Windows vista. When I played on my old computer it worked beautifully. No issues at all. Now I buy a new HP laptop with windows vista and my game freezes during battles all the time. So I put MTWII in to see if it happens on that too. But that only occasionally stops for a second like it's going to freeze then continues on going. This will always freeze and it's driving me nuts because I want to play this, not MTWII.

Yes so it seems. Infact that is the only uncorrect thing but the quality is really good and the icons and vexilles are better than any other around.

Default No upkeep costs for troops?

Hello peterofnj and others,

I've installed and played v.13 of your Custom Mod for RTRPE, but notice that while there are recruitment costs for troops there are no upkeep costs. This takes the fun out of making the "hard" decisions to purchase expensive troops over regulars and also the strain of a large army.

Is this a bug that you are aware of - and do you know of a way to correct it fairly easily. I'd prefer not to have to edit the EDU file painstakingly adding upkeep costs to each unit.

Thanks

Default Re: No upkeep costs for troops?

Quote Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
    Hello peterofnj and others,

I've installed and played v.13 of your Custom Mod for RTRPE, but notice that while there are recruitment costs for troops there are no upkeep costs. This takes the fun out of making the "hard" decisions to purchase expensive troops over regulars and also the strain of a large army.

Is this a bug that you are aware of - and do you know of a way to correct it fairly easily. I'd prefer not to have to edit the EDU file painstakingly adding upkeep costs to each unit.

Thanks
    Ive asked that question three months ago...still no response Its a shame, the units look so amazing.
    The Canadian Corps: Mount Sorrel, 2nd Ypres, Vimy, Arleux, Hill 70, Passchendaele, Amiens, Hindenburg Line, Canal du Nord, Mons.

Yeah I really enjoy some of the units in this mod, but I think I like not having the Julii, Brutii, Scipii, and Senata and rather just have a united Rome. That and no unit upkeep is the one that bugs me the most, besides that this is an amazing mod with fantastic looking units.

He hasn`t been here in more than 4 month so you`ll probably not get replies.

As for the upkeep costs. There is no way to do this other than manually. Having a comparison and merging tool will help of course(there are a number of free ones), but you`d still have to go through all the changes in his EDU as opposed to the one from vanilla RTRPE to decide which to keep.

In this link have this itens:

Descr_strat
    Initial position of roman families is changed.(all in Italy)
    Rome and others citys, now have walls.

New EDU.
    All stats changed for the vanilla RTRPE, yes, have upkeep.
    Epirote Hopolitai is back pikemen

Export_units. text
    Changes for Epirote pikemen text

descr_model_battle
    Need this for the changes work

descr_win_conditions
    Optional this give more racional conditions, no more bactria need to destroy Macedon in short campaign.

Instalation
    Download, descompact, e drag all in the folder, ( make a Backup of the arquives)

http://rapidshare.de/files/39570334/...w_Edu.rar.html

Please florin update the first post.

Players report any bug ou error.

Excuse-me for any language error, my english is bad, for now.

Does he given up with the mod?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast