Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RTRPE 1.9 Custom mod v.11

Default Re: RTRPE 1.9 Custom mod v.11

Is SPQR playable? Any map?

I downloaded it and it looks great. But why does julii begin with war with senate? Can you change this or tell me how to do it? Also i haven't played much but is the senate neutral like in vanilla or the AI conquers territories?

Thanks in advance

Is SPQR playable? Any map?
    Hi Nemesis,

The Senate is hardcoded to be unplayable. Other modders had try it and they say you get an automatic CTD when playing as the Senate.

I downloaded it and it looks great. But why does julii begin with war with senate? Can you change this or tell me how to do it? Also i haven't played much but is the senate neutral like in vanilla or the AI conquers territories?
    Hi Giorgio,

Yes, the Julii start off at war with the Senate. Internally, its core attitude is set at hostile, not war. In game there is no difference, it is war with either setting. This is an issue I had known from the very beginning. I had try to set it to start off the right way, but could not get it to do so. Changing the core attitude to neutral or allied will cause a CTD. It could be I need to change some file somewhere else? This does not affect the Brutii or Scipii. When playing as the Julii, the senate will initiate peace within the first five turns, you can make a decision then. If you choose ceasefire, things will return to normal and you could do senate missions afterward. This only postpone the civil war untill you get 50 regions, the senate will then ask you to commit suicide.

One of the file that you need to change is descr_strat.txt. The other is what I'm missing. Please let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by peterofnj; January 05, 2008 at 12:05 PM.

Ok i am working on the descr_strat file, maybe i can change it by changing the diplomacy section.

One more thing, do you know how to put back the vanilla formations and replace the RTR's ? I hate seeing spartans fighting like rebel spearmen with no order, and if you put phalanx in the descr_unit.txt the will start with the Macedonian phalanx(the one with the large spears)

Your help would be valuable.

Ok i am working on the descr_strat file, maybe i can change it by changing the diplomacy section.

One more thing, do you know how to put back the vanilla formations and replace the RTR's ? I hate seeing spartans fighting like rebel spearmen with no order, and if you put phalanx in the descr_unit.txt the will start with the Macedonian phalanx(the one with the large spears)

You need to change two things. The first is in export_descr_unit.txt. Change the Spartan unit to this:

type greek hoplite spartan
    dictionary rtr_greek_hoplite_spartan
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Medium_1
    soldier greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos, 40, 0, 1
    officer greek_standard
    attributes sea_faring,hide_forest,command,can_sap,very_hardy
    formation 0.9, 1, 2, 2, 4,square,phalanx
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 16, 24, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 25 , 0.4
    stat_pri_attr spear, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec 14, 24, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 0 , 0.3
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 2, 25, 6, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 1, flesh
    stat_heat 1
    stat_ground 0, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental 26, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 0
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 1800, 0, 104, 112, 1800
    ownership greek_cities, slave

The second thing you need to change is in descr_model_battle.txt. You need to change this:

type greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos
    skeleton fs_spearman, fs_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture greek_cities, data/RTR/models_unit/textures/greek_spartan_hoplite.tga
    texture slave, data/RTR/models_unit/textures/greek_spartan_hoplite.tga
    model_flexi data/RTR/models_unit/greek_sacred_band_high.CAS, 15
    model_flexi data/RTR/models_unit/greek_sacred_band_med.CAS, 30
    model_flexi data/RTR/models_unit/greek_sacred_band_low.CAS, 40
    model_flexi data/RTR/models_unit/greek_sacred_band_lowest.CAS, max
    model_sprite greek_cities, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/greek_cities_greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/greek_cities_greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    Last edited by peterofnj; January 05, 2008 at 07:10 AM.

Cool, do marian reforms actually work? And when are they triggered?

Cool, do marian reforms actually work? And when are they triggered?
    In patch 1.5, the Marian reform is trigger when one of the city is able to built an Imperial palace. It must be at a region in Italy. In this add-on mod, you will then get the late cohort and auxilia.
    Last edited by peterofnj; January 05, 2008 at 10:17 AM.

A new optional update for this addon is available. This update change the Macedonian infantry textures to white tunic/brass armored look. I also rebalance the game a bit better.

Please check with the first post or you can get it here.

(1.34 MB zip) http://files.filefront.com/White+Mac.../fileinfo.html

Imperator Valentine's Avatar Foederatus

Nice mod peterofnj! Is there any way to make it compatible with a 4turns-per-season script?

~Imperator Valentine~

Default Re: RTRPE 1.9 Custom mod v.11 - Alternative download site?

Hi,

Having a lot of trouble downloading anything from Filefront.com - keeps accusing me of multiple downloads which I'm not doing. And so can't download Custom mod v.13. If any of you guys could upload to an alternative site or provide an alternative link would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi! I tried adding a new unit . It seem that file descr_models_battle.txt is locked and no new units can be added. Is there a hardcoded limit on the units it can hold or is it locked by some database file?

Hey perterofnj your work is awsome.Congratulations.
    May I ask a favor?
    Could you make the Brutii insignas and button (the circle with the faction logo inside) that with the Roman Wolf in red too to be used for the Julii? I love both and would really to use it for my personal mod and to use in RTR 1.9 too.
    Could you?
    Last edited by Emperor Domitianus; January 16, 2008 at 03:34 PM.

Hi~

Does this mod include metro & naval mod + culture system???

And ^^;; is it playable with BI???

Sorry for poor English T.T

I want to play AEE v2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by adm.SunSin-Lee View Post
    Hi~

Does this mod include metro & naval mod + culture system???

And ^^;; is it playable with BI???

Sorry for poor English T.T
    Hmmm..

I played this mod yesterday.

There wasn't it(MnN + culture + loyalty).

I was sad. T.T

I want to switch them.

How can i do it??

Please teach me. T.T

Especially I want to add on your mod with(?) MN(metro & naval) mod.

Sorry for my poor English.
    Last edited by adm.SunSin-Lee; January 20, 2008 at 08:06 AM.

I want to play AEE v2.0.

Dsturbed's Avatar Libertus

wow i m so impressed. i ll try it.

This mod has everything I liked about vanilla and RTR rolled into one, and its amazing. My only annoying issue is that it seems (for mine, anyway) that all units, regardless of faction, have no upkeep. This proves annoying in the middle stages of the game when other factions throw more troops at you than you know what to do with. Not hard, just time consuming. Any known patch or fix?

^Gr8^Xander's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by peterofnj View Post
    Hi Nemesis,

The Senate is hardcoded to be unplayable. Other modders had try it and they say you get an automatic CTD when playing as the Senate.
    Can't you add the Senate as a normal faction?

peterofnj,

Hey mate, great work on all of this modding. Really amazing stuff!

I was wondering however, if there was a way that you could make it so that you can give us a smaller mod where we get most (if not all) of the Imperial troops and their skins (pre and post Marian) to utilize in our v1.9 of RTR with the one solitary Roman faction without having to install the entire mod which would force us to also have changes like the added Roman family factions and the Senate?

I would imagine that this mod would be much simpler, but I am no modder and require assistance from a pro. Much appreciated man

-Thanks

Any news about this mod??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast