Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RTRPE 1.9 Custom mod v.11

Default Re: RTRPE 1.9 Custom mod v.11

Ah, you're right, We've got differend versions of RTRPE1.9, I've got my version from: http://www.filefactory.com/file/1ec976/ an it's only 123MB large. I didn't know that there are two existing versions of the same mod, an hadn't got any problems until now. Okay, thanks for the link, i will try it again with this version.

/Edit: Okay, with this new version it works fine.
    Last edited by BonAqua01; December 15, 2007 at 08:43 AM.

Ah, you're right, We've got differend versions of RTRPE1.9, I've got my version from: http://www.filefactory.com/file/1ec976/ an it's only 123MB large. I didn't know that there are two existing versions of the same mod, an hadn't got any problems until now. Okay, thanks for the link, i will try it again with this version.
    I believe the version you have is the mod switch version. I'm glad it work. Still I'm gonna download it and take a look.
    Last edited by peterofnj; December 15, 2007 at 09:11 AM.

Is it ab bug, that the factionsymbols of Brutii and Scipii on the campaignmap are the same as in vanilla rome? Or do plan to change them later?
    Last edited by BonAqua01; December 15, 2007 at 09:19 AM.

A few Questions:
    Is it ab bug, that the factionsymbols of Brutii and Scipii are the same as in vanilla rome? Or do plan to change them later?
    Why are the Julii a the beginning at war with the Senat, is this your intention?
    Futhermore all scipii unit cost no upkeep, even the merchenaris...

A few Questions:
    Is it ab bug, that the factionsymbols of Brutii and Scipii are the same as in vanilla rome? Or do plan to change them later?
    Why are the Julii a the beginning at war with the Senat, is this your intention?
    Futhermore all scipii unit cost no upkeep, even the merchenaris...
    You scare me there, for a second I thought I forgot to put the file in the zip. Well, it's not a bug. I replace all the faction icons that were open and accessible. The icons in the campaign map along with the flag image in battle (referred internally as captain cards) are inside the packs folder. All the vanilla textures and such are in there. They never really left.

One of the reason why I left it unchange is because I don't have the mean to do an executable that can unpack and repack during installation as RTRPE 1.9 did with the command prompt. I do have the mean to unpack and repack the .pak files. That will mean I need to upload an additional maybe 300+ MB just for a handfull of icons and picture cards. That wasn't a very good way of doing it. Unless someone can help me on that.

The Julii and the senate relation is something I was trying to figure out and resolve. For whatever reason, setting it at default vanilla setting will cause a CTD. This problem don't applied to Brutii and Scipii. I figure some reference files somewhere in RTR were change and I was looking into it file by file, line by line. I couldn't fine it so leaving it at hostile or war standing was the only solution. The internal core attitude setting is set at hostile.

I removed all the upkeeps from the game. (I'm an upkeep fortify Stalin) You could always put them back in at export_descr_unit.txt
    Last edited by peterofnj; December 15, 2007 at 10:59 AM.

Yeah sorry, of course I'd mean only the campaignmap-Icons.
    How can I reset the upkeep for the units? I am not really skilled in this

How can I reset the upkeep for the units? I am not really skilled in this
    Here is the link to the vanilla RTRPE 1.9 original export_desc_unit.txt
    http://files.filefront.com/export+de.../fileinfo.html

The number highlight in blue is basically what you need to change. Let's take the last unit in the game for example, it reads:

type aor briton slinger
    dictionary rtr_slave_briton_slinger
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Light_1
    soldier briton_slinger, 30, 0, 0.9
    attributes sea_faring,hide_improved_forest,hide_long_grass,very_hardy,mercenary_unit,no_custom
    formation 1.6, 2, 3.2, 4, 6,square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 4, 3, stone, 120, 20, missile, archery, blunt, none, 25 , 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 3, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, knife, 0 , 0.3
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 0, 4, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 5
    stat_ground 0, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental 5, low, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 126, 43, 52, 56, 126
    ownership barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, egyptian, greek, roman, slave

Thanks.

nice...the indian AORs from alex are good....

Guys, a minor update is available, link at first post.

Hi,
    I've tested this update, but I can't produce fleets as Scipii not yet. Or do I have to build more then a port for this?

Hi,
    I've tested this update, but I can't produce fleets as Scipii not yet. Or do I have to build more then a port for this?
    Thanks BonAqua01, I totally overlook it. I have added the naval, forum and temples back to all Roman factions.

The file (custom mod v.12 u1B.zip) has been uploaded and also available on the first post. If you have the old update, please delete it.

Download Link (309 KB zip) http://files.filefront.com/custom+mo.../fileinfo.html
    Install note, same as always, drag and drop the Data folder, click yes to overwrite, that's it.
    Last edited by peterofnj; December 19, 2007 at 01:53 AM.

Ah, now it works fine

Guys, I have been playing the game as Roman Julii and I encounter another CTD at around 246BC summer. Since I rolled the years back to start at 300BC, this should be 216BC for RTRPE or 206BC for RTW vanilla. This might be irrelevant if events aren't dictated by years, but by terms. If it's the other way around, then indeed it is around 246BC. The good news is I traced down the source of the CTD and fixed it. I'm also doing some reediting. I'm going to test it more and see if I encounter additional problems.

A new update is available.

custom mod v.12 u2.zip (2.09 MB zip)

http://files.filefront.com/custom+mo.../fileinfo.html

What's change:

--Fix 246 BC CTD issue
    --reedited a large part of EDM.
    --Slave rebellion
    --Make the Praetorian available for Brutii
    --Make Legionary First Cohort available for Scipii

------------
    I have play through 80 years of game time as the Julii and had defeated Carthage, Iberia, Numidia and Gaul factions. Currrently I’m at war with the German. I hope to test this more fully and release a final.
    Last edited by peterofnj; December 25, 2007 at 07:05 PM.

Another little note:

I'm working on the final release for this addon to RTRPE 1.9. I have decided to work on the textures for the Brutii, Scipii and perhaps the Senate. I got the Brutii done and I fill in a bunch of things that I missed previously. The historical_event.txt that I included was incorrect and will cause CTD. That file was collected after reading some thread on this file being wrong on patch 1.5. So I tested it and realize the default file from vanilla 1.5 was correct instead. What the tread didn't mention was that people were trying to play old save game prior to patch 1.5 and that their older save game was having problem. So I guess it was devise the historical_events.txt should be altered to reflect older version of RTW. It will give you CTD both way. In my final release, I will include the default vanilla historical_event.txt from patch 1.5.

I need some help on sprites. Can someone who can run the sprite script on their computer and would like to do this drop me a note, thanks.
    Last edited by peterofnj; December 31, 2007 at 07:03 AM.

The final version of this addon for RTRPE 1.9 is now available. Please check the first post or you can download it here.

v.13 Final

(18.98 MB zip) Download Link:http://files.filefront.com/RTRPE+19+.../fileinfo.html

A texture update is available for v.13 Final. Please check the first post or you can download it here.

v.13 Final update 1

(783 KB zip) Download link: http://files.filefront.com/v13+Final.../fileinfo.html
    Last edited by peterofnj; January 02, 2008 at 12:19 PM.

Hi,
    I like your mod and today I've seen some screens from the Roma Surrectum mod, which adds a very impressiv new campainmap-look. Is it possible to get this look combined to your mod?

Hi BonAqua01,

Rome Surrectum is a terrific mod and its got a really nice looking map. It felt different playing it. I also love their legion recruitment, it felt more authentic. I won't be adding the map, if you or anyone would like to take this addon further, please by all mean do.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast