Thread: The New Shadow Patches

Default The New Shadow Patches

Hello all, I'm looking for some help. I have Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow all nice and installed...however I haven't found any of the patches. I did find 2.3 & 2.4, but I need the previous patches for them to properly install, or so it tells me. Anyone have an idea of where I can find them?:hmmm:
    Does the Walker choose the path, or the Path the walker?

Default Re: The New Shadow Patches

Hmm, where exactly does it tell you that you need the previous patches? Maybe there is an error in the instructions, although I doubt it.

As I posted over at the official forums, to play TNS you need only the full 2.0b build and the latest patch, which for now is 2.4. Nothing more. And of course the music-pack which is optional but very highly recommended.

It says so in the install instructions, with 2.0 the patches 2.1 and 2.2 are required, with 2.0b they´re not. However, how do I find out whether I´ve got 2.0 or 2.0b? Short of DL´ing 2.0b again, deleting the version I had installed and reinstalling, that is of course.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

2.0 and 2.0b have different file names...

But if you have patched 2.0 to 2.1 and then 2.2 then you can then assume it's 2.0b for all intents and purposes and just install the latest patch (now 2.5 btw).

Another give-away that you have 2.0 unpatched is that the war hound unit of Dunland will crash on battle load.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men