Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lusteds New Experimental AI

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Lusteds New Experimental AI

Is it possible to tell us which parameters in which file 'govern' the aggressiveness of mongols & timurids ?
    The invade decisions for the mongol ai label, i've increased the invade priority of one setting, and changed the invade types for several invade decisions.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Yes, all versions of this AI have been save game compatible.
    I think that answers something i had been pondering: "Does the ai have a memory?"

e.g. this faction repeatedly breaks alliances so I will never trust it again. Or faction x has taken more cities than anyone from me so I will make x my sole enemy if possible.

So if it is save game compatible can I assume that the ai remembers nothing but simply weighs up any given situation as it finds it or does it remember elsewhere?

I was thinking I could introduce a memory via some other files.
    Last edited by Byg; December 14, 2007 at 05:03 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Ok did a compare and saw the changes are in the areas below where < is the new and > are the old ones:

< <faction_attitude invade_priority="2000" continue="true"/>
    < <faction_attitude invade="invade_opportunistic" continue="true" can_force_invade="true
    < <faction_attitude invade="invade_opportunistic" continue="true" can_force_invade="true"/
    < <faction_attitude invade="invade_immediate" continue="true" can_force_invade="true"/>
    -

> <faction_attitude invade_priority="200" continue="true"/>
    > <faction_attitude invade="invade_buildup" continue="true" can_force_invade="true"/>
    > <faction_attitude invade="invade_buildup" continue="true" can_force_invade="true"/>
    > <faction_attitude invade="invade_opportunistic" continue="true" can_force_invade="true

I didnt work on these values before so perhaps im just asking a stupid questions but Is the invade_priority="2000" the maximum setting ? If not what are the ranges it can have ?

I haven't tried finding the max values, but i've been able to get a cumulative value of over 30000 v slaves, so i'm guessing it can be quite high.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    I think that answers something i had been pondering: "Does the ai have a memory?"

e.g. this faction repeatedly breaks alliances so I will never trust it again. Or faction x has taken more cities than anyone from me so I will make x my sole enemy if possible.

So if it is save game compatible can I assume that the ai remembers nothing but simply weighs up any given situation as it finds it or does it remember elsewhere?

I was thinking I could introduce a memory via some other files.

I'm not a modder, and don't know whether they remember how many times you've broken deals / alliances, but i think AI can see how 'trustable' you are from your faction's status (if you are at despicable... no one is likely to trust you).

I usually manage to keep my faction above 'very reliable' but you must release captured enemies, etc..

@Lusted, why the AI won't give their map information even if I'm a 'very reliable' faction and i'm offering them my map and around 1000 gold. It sucks to enter diplomacy just to get 'NOT INTERESTED' from some (well, more than half) factions. Even my allies that are 'very trustworthy' and have 'perfect' relationship won't accept such deals.

Patrician

Well I think it is using memory in a simple faction standing kind of way, but I don't think it is remebering why it must not trust someone and what it could do as a result of the mistrust, perhaps to do something different after repeated failure. That's my theory.

@Lusted, why the AI won't give their map information even if I'm a 'very reliable' faction and i'm offering them my map and around 1000 gold. It sucks to enter diplomacy just to get 'NOT INTERESTED' from some (well, more than half) factions. Even my allies that are 'very trustworthy' and have 'perfect' relationship won't accept such deals.
    Because they don't want to show where all their cities are because it makes it easier for you to attack them.

And i've been able to get map information relatively easily using my AI, you just have to play diplomacy right.
    Creator of:

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Because they don't want to show where all their cities are because it makes it easier for you to attack them.

And i've been able to get map information relatively easily using my AI, you just have to play diplomacy right.

Totally agree. I sent my diplomat from france to egypt and was refused all map information along the way. On the way back after my faction status was notable higher (very reliable) I was able to get map info for even trade of my own map info from most all factions.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Well I never give my map away as the Ai has the principle of 'what I can see I can attack', so I don't see why them applying the same logic is bad, unfortuneate, but not bad.
    Last edited by Quark; December 14, 2007 at 11:14 AM.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

BATTLE AI BUG

Right, first off the campaign AI is attacking really well but I experienced a nasty battle AI bug earlier today. As you can see below the AI strikes with a great invasion army.

But as the battle starts the AI sends its siege machines forward, sending a group of men to the side of my castle with a ladder. Okay so far, but then for no apparent reason. They drop their battering ram and siege tower and all the infantry rushes to try and climb 1 ladder.

Unfortunately they were all unable to go up the ladder at the same time.. and just stand there doing nothink. This battle was taking forever.. so I put the battle speed on x6. I still had to wait more than 20 minutes for my archers to rout them all. In the end I sallied and lost 72 men, killing off their entire army, as I defeated their navy before the survivors were unable to escape and died. Also the pathfinding in southern european castles is still awful and I could'nt move my men around on the walls at all. I'd just like to add if the AI would have used its battering ram to smash down the gates I definately would have lost Durazzo to this army. Please try and make the gates always the number 1 priority for the AI to attack.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; December 14, 2007 at 11:07 AM.

You have been attacked by captain Sicko ( or almost )

Lol, Lusted's new campaign AI makes you think a lot more seriously about garrisoning your frontline settlements. Hungary also attacked Preslav with a full stack and many feudal knights a few turns earlier and defeated me. I love Lusteds campaign AI with my recruit_priority_offset settings

@ Lusted,

I'd like to add that this bug does not seem to be a problem if the AI reaches the gates with a ram (before) its men start to climb ladders. And overall your AI is excellent aside from this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberhut View Post
    Captian Psycho! (sicco)

I experienced the same thing during a siege with Milian. Although they didn't abandon the ram. Four out of the five infantry units went for the ladder and got stuck the other succesfuly broke the gate with a ram. Even after the ram destroyed my gates they remained until I finished off there Hier to the throne with in my city walls. Then I sallied forth and sent them running for the hills.
    But no other problems. Still the best AI.

Patrician

I thought these ai getting stuck with ladders etc problems were age old and this has always been the most off putting aspect of m2tw. Wrong place to ask I know, but is it possible to define what siege equipment they use so we no longer have to suffer the ai getting stuck, i.e ai only uses ladders OR no ladders at all?

Campaign AI
    Lusted, are there any problems with your latest version (campaign AI) that are not present in the default version in ss5.1? I'm about to start a hopefully long testing campaign and am wondering which to use.
    Last edited by Byg; December 14, 2007 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    I thought these ai getting stuck with ladders etc problems were age old and this has always been the most offputting aspect of m2tw.

Byg, I thought so too, that is why I didn't think much of it at the time until I saw dave scarfaces post. I think I've become so acustome to CA's shortcomings that it didn't even register until I seen that post. lol
    Last edited by y2day; December 14, 2007 at 01:14 PM.

Campaign AI
    Lusted, are there any problems with your latest version (campaign AI) that are not present in the default version in ss5.1? I'm about to start a hopefully long testing campaign and am wondering which to use.
    Nope it's an improvement as far as i'm concerned. Still a few tweaks to make though as i've realised there are a few things not set quite right but they are very minor things that really don't affect things at all. I also need to take a look at what's causing that AI siege behaviour, and see if i can affect it at all.
    Creator of:

I should note that i had the siege tower bug (all the men try to go in one siege tower, frame rate crashes to less than 1 fps). in SS 5.1. Haven't upgraded the AI yet, but figured I Should let you know. If you want the details that led up to the bug, I can describe the battle in full.

Lusted, great work!

Playing as Venice keeping my global standing as high as possible I *am* able to squeeze a lot of money out of factions by suing for peace. I've only been in quick wars so far and I assume that deplorable relations combined with being the scum of the earth would make it really difficult.

There is a lot of fratricide among the Catholics and the Pope hasn't called a crusade yet. It isn't too bad but once Jerusalem falls it would be nice to have one called to hopefully spark a religious war. For some reason Catholics are very reluctant to ally to each other.

The mechanics in 5.2 are great and if it wasn't because of all the money I've been milking out of the AI I would be in serious trouble! I would like to see more aggression against the player but like I said, I've been keeping my global standing as high as possible.

I think we almost have a finished game!

Oh, and the Templars are doing just fine thank you.

Hey guys, some questions on lusted's AI as i have yet to use it.

Im currently using UAI with SS, what would be the main differences i would see between the two? i play on m/m

I read a while back lusted's makes the ai more aggressive towards the player, is this true for medium setting or only on a higher level? I like an even playing field, dont want the ai acting differently to me than other factions.

Cheers

The AI is more aggressive v player on Hard and Very Hard, but also gets a tiny boost to aggressiveness v humans on medium to represent the fact the human is better than AI nations.
    Creator of:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast