Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lusteds New Experimental AI

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Lusteds New Experimental AI

It's not my mod, just ran a test campaign in Retrofit and left it running for 150 turns, when i came back there were plenty of Cardinals.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Maybe it's just a coincidence than... .

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Right 3rd version is now up, should be improved diplomacy in relation to ceasefires and AI giving cities, and more naval invasions should also happen.

Oh and you'll also be getting some small changes i've been making to the battle AI.

That sounds good.

You have reduced AI giving cities away for peace?

Just a thought, is there any point in letting the AI give cities at all I wonder. I wouldn't give mine away .

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

You have reduced AI giving cities away for peace?
    Yup(or at least made the AI want a lot more for it).

Just a thought, is there any point in letting the AI give cities at all I wonder. I wouldn't give mine away
    Some players do, i for instance sometimes like to help out allies by gifting them land i've taken from factions that i don't want for myself.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

will i need to begin a new campaign to test your new AI?? or works with a saved campaign??
    Last edited by juanjeras; December 12, 2007 at 09:21 AM.

Lusted,

I have a request to make about your battle AI. One of the players of my mod reported that ambushes work differently now to how they did in vanilla. You are not able to setup your forces in an ambush anymore before you hit start battle. Instead an ambush works the same way as a normal battle which I have to agree with him takes away the whole fun in ambushing the AI. Could you please tell me how to change it back so ambushes work as they did originally,thanks. And I am now playing with your latest campaign AI.

regards
    dave

I haven't changed the way ambushes work.

I've also found some bugs in my campaign AI code, and i want to increase the aggressiveness of the AI in wars v factions which aren't slaves asthis experimental AI is not forming superpowers like the one included in SS 5.1 and LTC 4.1.
    Last edited by Lusted; December 12, 2007 at 07:33 AM.
    Creator of:

Yup, now the AI factions choose invade target very carefully, but it looks like make the Mongols somewhat timidity... they just move the huge army to go there and back, declare war but don't attack anything. They should destroy anything on the way and ruin every city!

Mongol aggressiveness is one of the last things i need to do before i will be fully happy with this version of my AI.
    Creator of:

It seems I am witnessing different AI behaviour on the battlefield, so far I've noticed it with missile units. Its looking good, unless its my imagination of course!

Yes i've included some tweaks to my battle AI as well in the .zip.
    Creator of:

4th and hopefully final version uploaded. Most changes in this version have been to diplomacy and reducing exploits capable with it, and Mongols have hopefully been made more aggressive.
    Creator of:

Is there a chance of this being save game compatible??

Yes, all versions of this AI have been save game compatible.
    Creator of:

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Lusted your the best! Will download to night and check it out.

Ive been having fun with Milian playing as french. They move a large force into one of my territories so I move my army into thiers. Instead of
    attacking my city they move out. So I back off as well. Two to three turns later we do the same. It is vey interesting. Its like they are waiting for me to be out of position before they attack. All the while they are bringing in more recruits to strength garrisions in the area my army is going in and out off. I don't think it will be long before they attack.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Do you now consider this better than the AI currently in 4.1?

Yes i do.
    Creator of:

just installed, had a siege battle me-turks them-mongol turn 25 i attacked their castle...... was kicking butt then all of a sudden they have no men left i'm advancing towards the center of the castle timer starts and get the voice msg of enemy has taken control of the castle, the last units left for me to defeat are the faction leader and heir bodygaurds of the mongol they run out towards the front gate(i attacked the side wall) and just stand there...

so i ran all my men left towards the center and wait timer goes red with 1 min left, so i'm in line to take the castle, the bodygaurds come towards the center...i'm holding them off for the last minute so they can't enter....ok battle over

for some odd reason this accounted for a close defeat for me, even though i clearly won the battle, i tried out 2 other sieges one on the byz and another on egypt, i was able to make produce this same exact glitch for both other sieges, i lost both of those battles even though i had won them

TIMER FOR BATTLE IS OFF BTW

Is it possible to tell us which parameters in which file 'govern' the aggressiveness of mongols & timurids ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast