Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dismounted Mailed Knights

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Dismounted Mailed Knights

Here is a new unit for your enjoyment. The installation of this unit is manual, so if you don't know what you are doing...be careful and back everything up.

Download the .zip file and follow the instructions in the enclosed .txt file.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Instructions:

1. move the .mesh files (models) to the directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_lmail_hmail
    2. Move the folder marked "units" (unit cards) to to data/ui
    3. Copy and paste the information from the enclosed text files to the corresponding data files for your mod.
    a. data/export_descr_units*
    b. data/text/export_units**
    c. data/unit_models/battle_models***
    4. You must increase the serialization number at the top of the battle_models file by 2.
    5. You will need to add the recruitment entries for Dismounted Mailed Knights in the export_desrc_buidings file wherever you wish for them to be recruited.****
    6. Enjoy your dismounted mailed knights.

Also, this model will use whichever skins that you are using for mailed knights by default. Those shown are the HRE skin based on Burrek's Knights and Knaves.

*If you do not have the Kingdoms expansion installed, delete the last line of this entry.
    **Be sure to delete the file "data/text/export_units.strings.bin" after editing the .txt file.
    ***After adding the information for this unit, be sure to increase the catalog number at the top of the file by 2.
    ****I have not provided this information. I suggest allowing them to be recruited in castles when Mailed Knights become available,.

--There are no unit information pics included with this unit. You can either wait for me to make them (which may take a while) or you can make them yourself.

Feel free to use these models in any publicly released mod with credit given to Lord Condormanius.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; March 11, 2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: fixed text error
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: Dismounted Mailed Knights...

NIIICE
    but intense WIP

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.

WIP? Nah...this baby is done.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

-There are no unit cards or unit information pics included with this unit. You can either wait for me to make the cards (which may take a while) or you can make them yourself.

Also proud ragequitter.

right...I seriously doubt I will make them for all factions...but then again, who knows...

-John G. Hartung

Did you use the Baltest models? Or dismount the unit itself?

I dismounted the unit. I think the baltest unit has a different shield.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; December 06, 2007 at 09:02 PM.

-John G. Hartung

Very nice!

Excellent work!

Thanks folks. Has anyone actually tried them out?

-John G. Hartung

not me,this needs a self-installer lol!

Also proud ragequitter.

Well, unfortunately for you, I have no idea how to do that. I'm a manual modder...lol...

-John G. Hartung

I do need to add though that the English? I guess? Mailed knights on the left have quite funny looking helmets. I thought un-amored mailed knights only had a chain mail cowl.

I do think this unit is pretty cool though! No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by SSJPabs View Post
    I do need to add though that the English? I guess? Mailed knights on the left have quite funny looking helmets. I thought un-amored mailed knights only had a chain mail cowl.

I do think this unit is pretty cool though! No worries!
    That is because, as I had mentioned in the first post, the skins are from somewhere else. The unit will look different depending upon which skins you are using for en_lmail_hmail.

-John G. Hartung

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

thanx so much for this, i've been waiting for this since the game came out.

EDIT: on the baltest swordsmen: yes they use a different shield. they r the unit the PDER uses for dis. mailed knights. the shield they use is the heater (like dis. feudal knights) instead of the kite that the mailed knights use.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Makoy View Post
    thanx so much for this, i've been waiting for this since the game came out.
    Well, I hope it meets your expectations.

EDIT: on the baltest swordsmen: yes they use a different shield. they r the unit the PDER uses for dis. mailed knights. the shield they use is the heater (like dis. feudal knights) instead of the kite that the mailed knights use.
    Which is why I made this unit.

-John G. Hartung

oh it meets my expectations.........other then the fact that i cant get it working

I've run into the 'invisable unit' problem, and i cant remember how to solve it.

everything is installed correctly, as far as i know*

*wat do u mean by catalog number in the battle_models file? i'm not sure which number at the top to increase.
    **the only way i could get the game to run at all was to change 'dismounted_mailed_knights' in the 'soilder' line of the EDU to 'dismounted_feudal_knights'

and i think thats all the questions. once i get it workign tho, it will be perfect!

oh it meets my expectations.........other then the fact that i cant get it working

I've run into the 'invisable unit' problem, and i cant remember how to solve it.

everything is installed correctly, as far as i know*

*wat do u mean by catalog number in the battle_models file? i'm not sure which number at the top to increase.
    **the only way i could get the game to run at all was to change 'dismounted_mailed_knights' in the 'soilder' line of the EDU to 'dismounted_feudal_knights'

and i think thats all the questions. once i get it workign tho, it will be perfect!
    There is a 3 digit number (7??) at the top of the battle_models file. It needs to be increased by one after you add the model information to the file. Otherwise, you will get a CTD upon loading.

-John G. Hartung

i changed it and its still crashing.

i'm still gonna work on it tho as long as ur online

Code:
    21:39:17.390 [script.err] [error] Script Error in War_of_Kings/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 853, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'dismounted_mailed_knights'.

21:39:17.390 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file War_of_Kings/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
    and it appeared invisable with the dis. feudal knights in place of the soilder line.

i changed it and its still crashing.

i'm still gonna work on it tho as long as ur online

If you could log on to MSN...I can help you with this now.

-John G. Hartung

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast