Thread: What's the background music with the alleluia?

Default What's the background music with the alleluia?

Hey, does anyone have an idea what the background music in m2tw is where at one point, the music goes silent and this lone voice sings "alleluia", then the instruments come back? I can't get the song out of my head, and I can't find the music files in the directory.

I'm not sure if the song is vanilla-only or if it came with some other mods, but I'm fairly sure I heard it first in Stainless Steel. Or so I think. I haven't played vanilla since I discovered mods.

While we're at this, does anyone know how to find this particular music file? Thanks in advance. I hope someone can identify the song. Other than the alleluia part, I don't know how to describe it.

Default Re: What's the background music with the alleluia?

Use the unpacker for your M2TW installation (requires at least 7 gigs of freespace) and you'll find a new folder called 'Sounds.' As obvious, you'll find all manner of game music, voices, and sound effects in there in playable format.

The song you're looking for is titled (frontend) Amen, or something to that effect.

I briefly remember using the unpacker due to retrofit's instructions. However, I do not remember if I unpacked everything there was to unpack, or just select packs.

Might you have any idea what specific pack I have to unpack? Things might get messy if I unpack the same things I unpacked all over again. (Wow, that's a lot of packing)

My data/sounds folder contains IDX and DAT files, and the only other folders I have that have sound in their names are sound_english and sound_nonenglish, which I think Deus Lo Vult created (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks

edit: stupid question. I checked the unpacker again and I think I just unpacked the kingdoms packs last time. Will do the unpack_all. Anyway, thankies
    Last edited by userfri3ndly; December 05, 2007 at 11:26 AM.

Yes, the unpack_all might be the one you're looking for.

meh, so I unpacked everything. My data/sounds folder still contains .dat and .idx files, although there's a new folder containing .evt files, but they're all mostly sound effects. (things like ambient sounds)

I opened my Stainless Steel folder, and I found a Music folder there, but it's swimming with so many files I don't know where to start. I can find nothing with (frontend) nor amen, though.

Then I may be mistaken that it's under sounds...

Wait, I'm sure there's a way to unpack the .dat files. I'm not sure how, though. It's been ages since I tried.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the Mod Workshop.

well,the song is called "AMEN" and you can download all the music themes of mtw2 from the net
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

really? I'll try looking for it, then. Thanks for the song title.

edit: eh? found a torrent but I wonder if this would be copyright infringement. I own the game, anyway, right?
    Last edited by userfri3ndly; December 09, 2007 at 02:20 AM.

its ok userfri3ndly theres is no problem with the download copyright of the lyrics
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS