• Advanced than RTW

349 80.79%
  • Not Advanced

17 3.94%
  • Same

66 15.28%
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

Ok...looks like I got it working. One weird thing: I cannot build any Roman MIC in Taras, which I took from Epeiros in 271BC. I have the Type I government and have destroyed any Greek MIC. Nothing I do will allow the Roman MIC to show up. Any suggestions?

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

Well, the files uploaded in the links are pure vanilla EB (the ALEM mod is not out even in beta yet)... so I don't know how to help you on this ... maybe if you ask the same question in a separate thread
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MrMerisi View Post
    Ok...looks like I got it working. One weird thing: I cannot build any Roman MIC in Taras, which I took from Epeiros in 271BC. I have the Type I government and have destroyed any Greek MIC. Nothing I do will allow the Roman MIC to show up. Any suggestions?
    You can only raise Roman MICs where the "Reform Marker" is shown. Since you are in the Camillan Periode you only have these markers in your starting towns and Segesta. Once you advandce to the Polybian Periode you'll have them in all your homelands; and all over the map in Marian times - much, much later.

So, tear down your level 1 building, raise a level 2 building and build local barracks to get Akontistai, Toxotai, Pletastai, Hoplitai and Hippeis. Once the Polybian Periode has come, change back to level 1 (but do not raise any Hoplites and Hippeis afterwards there, that would be cheating)

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    You can only raise Roman MICs where the "Reform Marker" is shown. Since you are in the Camillan Periode you only have these markers in your starting towns and Segesta. Once you advandce to the Polybian Periode you'll have them in all your homelands; and all over the map in Marian times - much, much later.

So, tear down your level 1 building, raise a level 2 building and build local barracks to get Akontistai, Toxotai, Pletastai, Hoplitai and Hippeis. Once the Polybian Periode has come, change back to level 1 (but do not raise any Hoplites and Hippeis afterwards there, that would be cheating)
    Thanks...I saw they addressed this also in the FAQ but I was probably in TMI (too much information) mode at that point to have noticed!

Do you really think it is cheating/unrealistic to raise both Roman factional troops and "colonial" troops in the same settlement following a change from Type II gov't to Type I gov't? I mean, traditions that had been in a region for centuries (and perpetuated under a Type II gov't in the Camillan era) wouldn't just disappear over the 10-20 turns it takes to establish Type I gov't and the subsequent Roman MIC. I don't personally see any issue with continuing to raise colonial troops that fight in their traditional fashion for maybe a decade or two after the switch to Type I government.

Does that change your mind at all? Just curious.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MrMerisi View Post
    Do you really think it is cheating/unrealistic to raise both Roman factional troops and "colonial" troops in the same settlement following a change from Type II gov't to Type I gov't? I mean, traditions that had been in a region for centuries (and perpetuated under a Type II gov't in the Camillan era) wouldn't just disappear over the 10-20 turns it takes to establish Type I gov't and the subsequent Roman MIC. I don't personally see any issue with continuing to raise colonial troops that fight in their traditional fashion for maybe a decade or two after the switch to Type I government.
    You can raise local troops up to level 2 barracks under a Roman Level 1 governement. That is quite a lot in most places. Better troops are not available.

Just take Taras as example: You can raise Hoplitai and Hippeis under a level 2 governement. These represent the traditional Greek militia of that place what would be the backbone of a Tarentine army under Roman rule. You can not raise them with a level 1 governement. The establishing of a homeland gov. marks the end of the Romanization of that provinces and therefore the core of the local militia should also be 'Roman' not 'Greek'.

Nevertheless you are still able to raise Toxotai, Akontistai, Peltastai and Haploi as local Auxilia there.

For gameplay purposes I would continue to raise the "old locals" until I had establish the Roman factional barracks in the respective province.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    You can raise local troops up to level 2 barracks under a Roman Level 1 governement. That is quite a lot in most places. Better troops are not available.

Just take Taras as example: You can raise Hoplitai and Hippeis under a level 2 governement. These represent the traditional Greek militia of that place what would be the backbone of a Tarentine army under Roman rule. You can not raise them with a level 1 governement. The establishing of a homeland gov. marks the end of the Romanization of that provinces and therefore the core of the local militia should also be 'Roman' not 'Greek'.

Nevertheless you are still able to raise Toxotai, Akontistai, Peltastai and Haploi as local Auxilia there.

For gameplay purposes I would continue to raise the "old locals" until I had establish the Roman factional barracks in the respective province.
    Ah, that makes perfect sense. We're basically saying the same thing. I agree that the higher level troops should be unavailable once a dedication to Romanization has been undertaken.

In my new game (restarted in ALX) I will pursue this strategy in Taras and Rhegion.

MM

hey, so i just download that file and extract to rome tw directory, and change the shortcut? or do i also have to edit something in the text files?

and one more question, does this change anything else except being able to play with alex.exe?
    Last edited by Mediteran; January 11, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

Icon7 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

If you download the files you are ok to go, just copy them into your RTW dir and overwrite all, then change the s-target and run the game

And the files only enables you to use some advanced ALX.exe features - still, most of the *txt you need to play are just some fixes that disables your generals of being immortal and enables you to play at night (or you can consider it to be 'later during the day' play

Anyways, changing the target itself enables you to run EB on ALX.exe, but most of players want to have ability to play 'night battles' and don't want immortal generals

hope you run it fine .)
    Last edited by maksimus; January 11, 2008 at 02:42 PM.

ok ive done it and it works, thanx so these text files are all in the rar file i downloaded? cause i dont want my generals to be immortal, are they immortal by default? why is that?

Icon10 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

It's because of the ALX engine designed for Alexander campaign (in the Alexander traits vanilla, 'Immortal' trait exists (also in start *txt file) so that one can finish his campaign with Macedon) when you play Alexander.

And the fact that EB *txt does not have 'Immortal' trait means that ALX.exe engine will use that by giving all generals 'immortal' as a part of their trait 'base' - in other words - they will never die unless we add 'immortal' trait in EB *txt files so that ALX.exe can load it and then use it only when given by modder..

Anyway, I am glad it is working for you and it is in 7z file format

ah ok i understand. nice work with the mod, and thanx for clarifying things for me

one thing i notices is it works better with alex.exe then with regular rtw, i have a very slow computer so this is good news

Icon12 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

oh... the mod will be out soon..

peditum_user's Avatar Laetus

Hello.
    I've made a fresh copy of RTW + IB, patched to 1.6, then installed Alexander TW and EB.Copy-paste-yes to all "ALEM_full_LScreensbonusFF" and "EB10_on_ALEX[1].exe".Also used the "C:\Games\EB\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander" command.
    When i choose a faction and press start nothing happens.The game won't go on.Then i press "Esc" and exit the game.At that point the error window, pointer below, comes out.
    Assistance pls?

Have you patched the RTW game with 1,3 and 1,5 patches and then installed ALX?
    Anyway, there are at least two things that might have gone wrong here
    1 - It is possible that due to numerous installations (like in the main post: RTW+1,3+1,5+BI+1,6+ALX - note that you don't really need BI at all) the folder you are using is causing the problems because it is not 'default given'
    2 - Did you follow the instructions and copy-paste the files into correct folders?

Anyway, my suggestion is to make new installation of plain new RTW in 'default given' folders (there were some issues with 1,5 patch if done otherwise) than patch it in this order: 1,3 patch then 1,5 patch then (if you want to but you dont hav to BI + 1,6 patch) and then Alexander and then add the loading screens and EB10_on_ALEX and then change the target line..

sorry if this is to much - it's just that you have very strange prob in that *start *txt

if you do as mentioned I might be able to help more if the problem persist

I downloaded the EB10_o_Alex.exe.7z....the file is 7z right???...how can I extract the files???
    Last edited by vassal; January 21, 2008 at 03:29 AM.

Icon1 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

We need some expirienced RTW players that are in for a challenge!

Alexander EB team needs some BETA TESTERS for EAEM ALEXANDER EB MOD!
    Here are the links
    http://www.zshare.net/download/6759784759ddb4/
    http://files.filefront.com/EAEM+EB+1.../fileinfo.html

It is recomended to use Hard/Very Hard Campaign and Medium for battles difficulty

Please make backups before using any of the files, send remarks in the mod forum at the org or on my PM or LGK's PM

Credits (detailed will be after official release): EB team, RTR team, RS team, Konny, MiniMe, HalieSatanus, MrMerisi, Lysander13&Riczu74, Barbarossa82, all supporters and RTW fans
    Last edited by maksimus; January 28, 2008 at 11:16 PM.

Sorry for bumping this up really, but since there were some 20 downloads I wonder if someone actually tried the beta mod? anyone?

may i ask whats the difference with the release of the first page and this beta?

Quote Originally Posted by tob View Post
    may i ask whats the difference with the release of the first page and this beta?
    Nah.. there is no difference

It's just that when you want to make one announcement (like I did for this beta) you need to *bumd the page so the people could be alarmed that 'something has happend'

Still, let me make it clear:

This you need only if you want to 'safe-pass' into the ALX.exe world with EB1
    Most of people use this, since it only makes night battles and ALX.exe engine 'free' for the community

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    NEW DOWNLOAD LINK's
    (with torches and city lights):curtain:
    UPDATED 15 december 2007
    1 )
    http://http://www.zshare.net/download/5651118871ec8a/
    2 ) http://www.divshare.com/download/3127098-623
    3 ) http://files.filefront.com/EB10+on+ALEXexe7z/;9262357;/fileinfo.html

Missing chat_filter.san and models_engine included ! .)?

This are the Loadind Screens and Main Music (for any EB player)

New ALEM beta Loading Screens and music bonus UPDATED 6 JAN 2008

This is the EAEM beta (Extensive Alexander EB Mod) - EB minimod

Alexander EB team needs BETA testers for EAEM ALX EB MOD

Well... this beta is a challenge