• Advanced than RTW

349 80.79%
  • Not Advanced

17 3.94%
  • Same

66 15.28%
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maksimus View Post
    I am not sure that I understand what you mean

note:ја сам из Београда али никоме немој да кажеш
    It looks like i'll have to install Alex again
    Hope that this really works and that gameplay and especially AI is improved...koмшија
    Last edited by arthuros; December 11, 2007 at 04:18 AM.

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon6 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chenkai11 View Post
    Is it ALX.EXE or just my diplomat?

Seleukid is still strong to give that kind of proposal. They have 2 full stack at my borders.

I conquered that town few turns before, then I ask to give me tribute or I will attack again, they propose with ceasefire with lesser tribute, so I ask again for a single payment of 10000mnai and they said ok if give back that settlement, I accepted. After few turns I attack again the settlement, during the siege I ask for money, they said they can only propose ceasefire then I ask for that town and this is their proposal.

campaign difficulty: VH

EDIT: How do I paste the image without attaching it?
    It is the Alex.exe Ai , and you can and should go to http://imageshack.us/ where you can upload your *jpg images and then just past the source for forum's it's easy really
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Icon7 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arthuros View Post
    It looks like i'll have to install Alex again
    Hope that this really works and that gameplay and especially AI is improved...koмшија
    Ma keве ми бре - само још ћу слика додати па ће бити још јасније

It reallly is the Best AI engine for any RTW/BI game -majke mi-

Quote Originally Posted by maksimus View Post
    It is the Alex.exe Ai , and you can and should go to http://imageshack.us/ where you can upload your *jpg images and then just past the source for forum's it's easy really

That's what I did, but may be in a wrong way.

And how do we prove that it's the alx.exe ai? Although I can say I never experienced that kind of offer since I am playing all my campaign in VH (in vanilla and many mods). Was it not due to what I previously offer which makes the AI to react? (I gave up the settlement for money, then they offer back the settlement for money)

Like I remember someone post before that baktria having conquer almost half of the map, and suddenly offering a gift to the player faction with mnai without any condition. That's becoz the player is also generous enough to give the faction money in exchange for map info.

Quote Originally Posted by chenkai11 View Post
    That's what I did, but may be in a wrong way.

And how do we prove that it's the alx.exe ai? Although I can say I never experienced that kind of offer since I am playing all my campaign in VH (in vanilla and many mods). Was it not due to what I previously offer which makes the AI to react? (I gave up the settlement for money, then they offer back the settlement for money)

Like I remember someone post before that baktria having conquer almost half of the map, and suddenly offering a gift to the player faction with mnai without any condition. That's becoz the player is also generous enough to give the faction money in exchange for map info.
    You have various thread's on the TWC and official SEGA site that deal with that issue of advanced Alexander AI, it's just that one can see it clearly only by playing.. because AI is hardcoded - so you can not *txt check it ..

The minai case will not happen that often in Alex.exe

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

@maksimus

First and foremost thanks for making of such great improvement for EB. I haven't been playing RTW since long time but recently I felt a desire to do so and choose EB 1.0 - great choice anyways.
    I'll look for any new improvements if they're released.
    Great work!!!

Icon7 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KaerMorhen View Post
    @maksimus

First and foremost thanks for making of such great improvement for EB. I haven't been playing RTW since long time but recently I felt a desire to do so and choose EB 1.0 - great choice anyways.
    I'll look for any new improvements if they're released.
    Great work!!!
    I was personally searching for AI to use with EB for some time - I knew that ALX.exe features are the best... After some time - I was 100% convinced.

Oh .. and yes, Alexander team will make some improvment's to the EB 1.1 game (hopefully it will be out soon ), Still, the main post will be edited for ones that want to use only the Alex.exe engine and other's that belive in Alex team and want to use some of advanced features we make ..

Offcourse there will be various optional *txt and/or data download's so anyone could find what he likes

Thank you very much for the support
    be well my friend!

The main problem with RTW from the beginning was AI. Vanilla AI was terrible, BI maybe just a little better, and Alex....well, few people played Alex seriously, but it obviously had significantly improved AI (maybe one of the reasons for that expansion).

Definitely an excellent idea to use Alex AI in a epic mode such is EB, to make gameplay of an old game a completely new experience.
    Nice work mate

Thank you very much

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by arthuros View Post
    The main problem with RTW from the beginning was AI. Vanilla AI was terrible, BI maybe just a little better, and Alex....well, few people played Alex seriously, but it obviously had significantly improved AI (maybe one of the reasons for that expansion).

Definitely an excellent idea to use Alex AI in a epic mode such is EB, to make gameplay of an old game a completely new experience.
    Nice work mate
    frankly Alexander TW is rather average as most vanilla TW's imo(I mean as a whole thing). Indeed AI is 'smarter' than previous ones but game itself is not a big one. I do hope 'Megas Alexandros' mod will be finished and we'd enjoy the game to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by KaerMorhen View Post
    frankly Alexander TW is rather average as most vanilla TW's imo(I mean as a whole thing). Indeed AI is 'smarter' than previous ones but game itself is not a big one. I do hope 'Megas Alexandros' mod will be finished and we'd enjoy the game to the fullest.
    I agree completely, probably the best part of AlexTW is improved AI (and i believe that it could show its real value in EB).
    But it also has some other interesting features such as more than 300 DMB, which could be really useful if someone decide to use more unique models for units.

We are planing of adding some, Like unique Pyrros character and A Gonatas..
    Maybe other's, also, any new respawn generals could have unique look and Model.. at least to some extend - because now they are all the same in Hellenic and/or other 'Respawn' part's of EB map.. We will tend to make a few, mybe 3-5 model's of general's in Hellenic areas for example

I noticed that ALX.EXE AI turn is a little faster than RTW.EXE

Icon5 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

Has anyone here had problems installing Alexander?

I have the cd versions of Rome and BI.
    Fresh, clean installs patched from 1.0 to 1.3 to 1.5 to BI to 1.6

I DOWNLOADED Alex from Try Media but when I try to install it says "No prior installation of Rome - TW was found. This installation program will now terminate".

They even sent me a new link and explained the old one was incompatible but the new one is doing the same thing.

I can play all my games just fine and was wondering if anyone else here had this issue and/or knows how to resolve it.

I really want to try this. I love EB, EB1 is awesome, I am really wanting to try it under ALEX, it looks awesome.

I tried posting on the SEGA site and TW home but no answers seem to exist.

There was one reference to the regedit fix but I checked and already have the said folders there.

Please help!

I had this problem when I changed the path, after I changed it back to D:\Program files\Activision\Rome - Total War\, it should work.

If that's not the case......Sorry.

No, I did the default install, nothing was changed.

It must be the install program.

I can't believe no one else has seen this issue.

Please help!!

keet, I mean the path you install your RTW and BI, not when you are installing ALEX

Icon11 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keet View Post
    No, I did the default install, nothing was changed.

It must be the install program.

I can't believe no one else has seen this issue.

Please help!!
    Ok, try again with the download link and then STEP II,

Go to EB10 shortcut - left clck on the shortcut and chose properties - then - change the Target by copy-paste method (if your RTW is in default install folder)
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

or for 64-bit systems
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

or for the ones that use different install folder - just edit the end of the target like this ...\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -noalexander

Maybe the Alex.exe is not valid any more.. maybe it was trial version

I dont kow

More info?

note: To my knowledge there are over 150 people that currently use Alex.exe on EB with those instruction's from the main page..

I purchased it (Alex)just last week for 14.99 of Try Media.

Perhaps that company is selling crap.

Can anyone who bought a working version of Alex with EB1 please tell me the website they purchased it from so I can buy from there?

Thank You!

Icon9 Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

I think you should just follow the instructions as mentioned.. Maybe one of your patches are not right - who knows

But you need to read ALL instruction's once more..