17 3.94%
  • Same

66 15.28%
Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19445960616263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1439

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

You would have to edit the EDU file, which is manual work, imo EAEM is not good for this sorry
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

There will be new versions in the future? or this is the final version

For now there will be no more changes, I can only upload minor changes with minor updates, but ur saved game wont be affected

latest files

https://mega.nz/#!IEgiQYTS

Key:

!9s8E-lgyMfcrFt4v9ZL_4eKM4aygESbVSgiOVpWxXcQ
    Last edited by maksimus; July 26, 2016 at 01:02 PM.

Any downloads? does it work?

I don´t know how to install this mod, every time I click on EB play it doesn´t start. Could you help me pls?

Hello Maksimus

What did you change from previous version?

Just fixes like some icons and UIs, and then some bugs for Romans, now when you take all italy u get to make romans

hello maksimus
    i download this version and it's a great but there is some notes ,first the mount of money very huge for example Rome begin with 200000 ! and there some unit didn't match with Ui card such as Arabic cavalry seems to be camel but inside battle it's turns to horse , did i miss something in installing
    all what i do is unpack EAEM_2017.7z and change the target in EAEM.ink and EB play and run . i didnt install rome and EB vanilla files i think they are included in this version
    is this right ?

Hi,

Money vise its up because expenses go up fast and you wont make fast money in this mode!

For mount query please - open file - Rome - Total War\EB\Data\export_descr_unit.txt

Press CTRL+F and find: arabian_missile_cavalry_tribal_levies

Then, replace: light horse with camel

tell me if it works!

Thank you!

Hello Maksimus..i got CTD while play as Romani faction, got CTD after 4-10 turn on game, CTD happened when AI faction turn, *pardon my english

Any idea or solution?
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

hello maksimus
    is there difference between 2 january update and previous one , i see the both have the same size , thank you

id go for last one coz some tweaks are there

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

So are all the reforms working now?

Are the reforms are working? because i reached the requirements and the date that the polybian reforms should happen, but nothing changes, the units are the same classic camillian units, so are you going to fix this in future versions?

All should work now its tested just get ITALY (current italy) lands and it will work

I did and for some reason i didn´t get the Polybian reforms, instead i got the Marian reforms, i conquered all of italy before 242 BC and when i reached 242 BC i only get the marian units, is this intentional or is something you didn´t fixed?

Hi I downloaded the file in the OP yesterday. I don't know how active this thread is anymore but I have some questions
    about the mod that I really need to ask. Before those questions let me also say that this mod has fixed the two issues
    that I had with the original Europa Barbarorum. Battle mechanics were a big issue for me because I discovered EB only
    after having played BI and Alexander extensively, and compared to those games, the older battle mechanics of Rome 1
    that EB was based on felt awkward and clunky. Now that those imroved mechanics have been given to EB, the battles
    feel amazing. EB units are moving and fighting more smoothly than I ever thought was possible for them! The other
    issue was stability which so far seems very good as well.

However I'm confused by a few things. When I left two recruited generals in homeland settlements in one game they became
    a client rulers even though it says in the trait description they can only govern allied provinces. Is that supposed to
    be happening? And can allied generals be converted to client rulers in any non-allied province (if I conquer a city can
    I leave them in it) or is this only possible if they start out in one like those two generals did?

Also in that game I had a city assaulted without a siege. At first I thought a spy had infiltrated my city but it
    turned out they had elephants and were going to use them to attack a stone wall. Needless to say it didn't turn out
    pretty for the elephants but how come the AI is allowed to do that? I've never had the option of assaulting a stone
    wall with elephants and I've tried in this mod and the game doesn't let me.

Finally, I noticed when looking through the save files that downloaded with the game, that Rome can get the Marian
    reforms as early as 243 bc. Have the conditions for getting the reforms been drastically altered? I mean that seems
    awfully early to be getting them.

I've figured things out for myself. After some testing I've found that the behavior of the client ruler trait and the
    ability of the AI to assault with elephants are not exclusive to this mod. The client ruler trait is scripted to work that
    way in "vanilla" EB and the elephant assault on stone walls is a hardcoded quirk (but the AI will only do it if it has
    multiple elephant units, with one unit it will just start a siege). I copied the Marian reform script from vanilla EB
    so hopefully that will work.

I have to say I'm liking the more complicated town management. All the penalties and bonuses that come with every building,
    along with the huge build times, do make you think a bit before deciding what to build. The additions to the soundtrack
    are also very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    I did and for some reason i didn´t get the Polybian reforms, instead i got the Marian reforms, i conquered all of italy before 242 BC and when i reached 242 BC i only get the marian units, is this intentional or is something you didn´t fixed?
    Ah, this was intentional - pretty much I made it more real that as soon as you are big emperor u get the better reform - we usually end up with old units till we alredy have half of the world and that is not real