Thread: emerging factions?

Default emerging factions?

i cant relly remember any....
    that you had any...
    do you have a limit for them?
    you would be able to like form dynesties and devide empires could be awsom

yura

Default Re: emerging factions?

We won't be having any emerging factions. We want all our factions to be playable and so have made a decision not to include unplayable factions. We are well aware that emerging factions can be made playable, but that is not a path we want to pursue. This is of course a limiting decision in some respects but this is the route that we want to follow.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Of course I respect also if it was taken already a decision but I find that it would be better and historically more accurate to leave 1-2 factions slots free and if some governors of the romans or any other faction rebell they could emerge.
    So it is a typical example if concentrating to much just on one aspect of historical accuracy how restrain the historical accuracy in other aspect.
    Shurely it is more accurate the map in a certain moment (only in the beginning) having 30 instead of 29 factions but you will loose accuracy making impossible to emerge new factions.
    I am not shure if the historical accuracy should be not be ballanced considering this aspect also.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

Don't freaking open 2 year old threads Hannibalus.....oh my God. It just clogs up the main page with old, useless threads that have been answered already and just makes like even more difficult for Moderators and Developers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am sorry if I disturbed you with my question.
    I didn't want to open a new thread with my question/modest suggestion exactly for not to spam the place and I searched a thread which is the closest to my idea. And a good question remains a good question after 2 yers also.
    If it is already answered this question could anybody tell me where it is or where should I put my question/or modest proposal to be on the right place ?
    Whatwever the answer on my question is I am shure it has its reasons I just want to understand what philosophy is behind the EB2 and not the purpose to criticize anybodys work.

Speaking about emerging factions here I am thinking about
    - emerging factions programmed at a certain timeframe by a script
    - spontaneus emerging factions due to lack of loyality like in RTW-BI (I don't know if this would work on MTW2 engine)

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

No loyalty in M2TW but it could be scripted. Still. There are going to be NO emerging factions in EBII. As Foot said, the EB team wants ALL factions to be playable and emerging factions can't be so yeah, sorry Hannibalus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Campidoctor

Not too throw fuel on the fire, as the team has already made its decision, but you actually can play as an emergent faction with the Kingdoms expansion. A simple command entered into the console during game play lets you take over control of any and all factions as well as the ability to relinquish control of any faction to the AI if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by ISA Gunner View Post
    No loyalty in M2TW but it could be scripted. Still. There are going to be NO emerging factions in EBII. As Foot said, the EB team wants ALL factions to be playable and emerging factions can't be so yeah, sorry Hannibalus.
    of course there is loyality in M2TW....as for the idea I believe submods can make something like that...
    THE PROPAGANDA FUNDER:
    http://www.hri.org/news/misc/misc-ne.../95-03-20.misc
    To subdue the greeks we need to strike in their history and their tradition and their identity.
    Henry Kissiger

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

Well, since this one is on the frontpage..... are there gonna be RE-emergent factions in EB2?
    I don't how well it works in m2tww, but from what i have read, this is possible righ?
    I would love an occasional celtic uprising throughout france, when I'm conquering somewhere in the middle-east

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

There will be no emerging factions in EB and definately no shadow factions. Being a possible player in 272 or just afterwards was one of the considerations for factions being added to EBII. The semi-permanent faction list has already been decided upon and work has gone into these factions.

Depending on what it requires to make a faction re-emerge is what will decide if there will be reemerging factions. At one point I heard that in order to have a reemerging faction it required the faction to be hording. It would be kind of stupid if the Seleukids conquer the last Ptolemaic settlement and thousands of Ptolemaic soldiers appear out of nowhere and start to wander the map.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; April 09, 2009 at 02:44 PM.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

But there will by the options of one faction became other like the Roman Republic became the Roman Empire or the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom transforms to Indo-Greek Kingdom after conquer some Hindu Kush regions?
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    There will be no emerging factions in EB and definately no shadow factions. Being a possible player in 272 or just afterwards was one of the considerations for factions being added to EBII. The semi-permanent faction list has already been decided upon and work has gone into these factions.

Depending on what it requires to make a faction re-emerge is what will decide if there will be reemerging factions. At one point I heard that in order to have a reemerging faction it required the faction to be hording. It would be kind of stupid if the Seleukids conquer the last Ptolemaic settlement and thousands of Ptolemaic soldiers appear out of nowhere and start to wander the map.
    Well if you could tweak the number so you had a small stack of troops with a single general it would actually make a great deal of sense. Considering it was common for deposed kings to raise armies in exile to retake a given city state. Well at least common in the sense of being reported, obviously not an every day occurrence.
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

Citizen

Yes, if possible, it would be great to have factions reemerge or even remain. If possible. I haven't done any research into the subject and am just repeating what I heard.

I would ask the DotS people about re-emerging factions. They are doing that in their super mod
    'Sup Gentlemen...
    "Militant" Atheist (Just kidding)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGMqKCcN6A
    My Political Profile http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8819965#post8819965

My question is following:
    Let's say there would be one free faction slot.
    During the civil war in Rome it could be an emerging roman faction.
    When this disapears (will be conquered or rebell to eleutheroi) is this slot usable for a later reemerging roman facton during another civil war and may be for an emerging gallic faction or a parthian one also at a different time ? Of course in this case in the same time could be only so many emerged factions as free slots reserved.
    Or for every emerging faction is needed to be kept a separete free slot even when is not used ?
    I know already your decision so you don't need to tell me again. It is just a theoretic question how it works.

Citizen

An emerging faction would have the same name, color, rectruitment, naming system, etc no matter where it came up. It would therefore be impossible to use a single faction as an overall counter faction for everyone.

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

hmmm, the barons alliance in Brittania campaign, that faction can be utterly destroyed, and when a english province revolt, they will re-emerge, right? haven't tried that myself, don't have brittania installed right now.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    An emerging faction would have the same name, color, rectruitment, naming system, etc no matter where it came up. It would therefore be impossible to use a single faction as an overall counter faction for everyone.
    Why is the DoTs team saying that they will have like zzillions of factiions if it cant be done>?
    maybe...
    maaaaaaaaaybe they edited something that you guys cant and they discovered this re emerging factions thing ?

Citizen

It is possible, it will just work very awkwardly, and that isn't something that is wanted in EBII.

lol
    awkward .... you guys tested it out already ?
    (i assumed that you guys did by ur response but i want to be sure)..
    and By

"Awkward" can you please tell us what was so weird about doing what the DoTs team is going to use in their mod ?
    (dont need to write a long response dude... just a direct answer with small words ;P )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast