"The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril." - XENOPHON
The theme for this tournament is the Mercenary General. Basically, you're poor, and you need work. You want to find work, but your only skill is leading hundreds of soldiers into battle. So what do you do? You go to another tribe, city-state, empire, etc to find work as a mercenary general! All hail the mercenary general!
Before applying as a Mercenary General in this Tournament, however, there are several restrictions on factions:
- you can only have 2 chariots in your army (this only affects Britons, Egyptians, Pontics and Seleucids)
- you can only name 1 Roman faction under factions you WOULD and WOULD NOT like to command
- once I assign you your faction, you're stuck with that faction throughout the tournament
- regardless of what you apply for, you are guaranteed nothing! The mercenary general can't be picky!
MERCENARY GENERAL APPLICATION (must be completed by all Tourney participents)
Please fill out this application if you wish to join the Tournament of the Mercenary Generals. Keep in mind that filling this application guarantees nothing! You'll use the faction I give you, and you're gonna like it!
I. YOUR TOURNAMENT NAME:
II. NAME 3 FACTIONS YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMAND
III. NAME 3 FACTIONS YOU HAVE NO DESIRE TO COMMAND
*** I will announce your surprise faction in a few days (maybe even sooner). ***
- December 8, 2007 (Saturday if you‘re in North America or Western Europe)
- 2:00pm EST (US East Coast)
- 7:00pm London, UK Time
- 20:00 Berlin Time
If you're in the Sydney, Australia Time Zone, that would be 6am (Sunday, December 9).
- all players will meet in the Competitive (server)
RULES FOR THE TOURNAMENT
1. All mercenary generals have to fill out the application form near the top of this post
2) the game is Rome: Total War (version 1.5)
3) denarii level: 10,000
4) map: Grassy Flatland
5) Tourney Factions: you will be assigned a faction (and you can't change it once I assign it)
6) Do not restrict the movement of the camera
7) Unit Size should be "Large" unless someone's computer can't handle it.
8) In-Game Rules:
- you cannot change factions once I assign you a faction
- Any faction using chariots can only have 2 chariots total (regardless of the type of chariot)
9) 1 vs 1 tournament
10) After you finish your battle, please wait for me to assign you your next opponent
11) After a battle, both players will report the results to me
12) If you have the nerve to show up at the tournament without applying, then I will assign you a faction with no regard to what you want! All hail the mercenary general!
13) Please save your replays! I might ask you to e-mail them to me after the tournament. My e-mail is prince_of_macedon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
The winner of this prize will receive only one reward: you will be branded as an greedy, self-serving general capable of invading your native faction! All hail the Mercenary General!
THE MERCENARY GENERALS
(listed in the order they applied)
- movemove (Seleucids)
- Selifator (Scythians)
- King of Kings (Romans)
- Dionsuis of COH (Carthaginians)
- LeonidasOfSparta (Britons)
- Evan_2009 (Pontic)
- MrLongbowman (Armenia)