Thread: Bugs/Balance reports

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Default Bugs/Balance reports

Known Bugs;

-Lack of UI cards
    - There's a popup box appears when you exit the game, this always happens whatever you do so don't worry, it's an error in a campaign related file and will continue to occur until a campaign is done.

Balance;

Chaos looks overpowered, I admit. There is, however, some consolation coming in the next release (an Empire mortar and some other cool stuff) which levels life out a bit. Also, if you haven't tried out flagellants/theogonists yet for Altdorf, try them, they kick chaos ass.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Bugs/Balance reports

Would it be possible to improve morale for most units so battles last longer? I have played two games, Altdorf vs Chaos (Khrone) and High Elves vs Dark Elves and both were over relatively quickly, although enjoyable i didn't have chance to sit back and watch, congrats. on the work though, i was especially pleased with the unit descriptions, something you dont usually see in beta releases

the musket models are bugged, the hold the muskets upside down when they fire so it looks like they fire in the air, and the Shields on high elf silver shield cavalry, Altdorf cavalry and brettonia cavalry interfere with their Armour
    Last edited by sanada; December 02, 2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The high elves general is the vanilla one. Some of the riders of teh human factions hold their shields in a strange way. The fire arms animations are kind of odd (I suggets you to ask permission to use the animations from Napoleonic Total war 2) . I have to say again the units are so cool and congratulations for the release of the mod. I really liked it. You are a very talented modder!

Vanila generals will sady remain a problem until we hae a modeller,aAs will animations.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Hoping that this forum is more frequently visited by Barcal than "The Guild", I will repost the problem report that I posted on the guild:
    "I just downloaded your mod and I tried to unzip the content into my RTW folder, but it told me that same files that sound like they have something to do with the unit models could not be unzipped because they are faulty. It ended that the whole folder has only been unzipped in my programfiles/rtw folder, not in my programme/folder (I'm using windows vista, perhaps that may cause problems?)"

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit http://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Greetings,

I like your mod very much and I'm looking forward to the next version but I have a bug to report:

I wanted to start a battle with Chaos against Altdorf and I got an error:
    "Error: Filename doesn't exist : models_unit/mount_horse_light_400.CAS"

Eukaryot

EDIT: Same at the third historical battle in Kiew
    Last edited by Eukaryot; January 05, 2008 at 08:45 AM.

It's a bug with the Marauder Cavalry... I forgot to fix it in the downloadable version, but next time round it will be sorted.

Glad you like the mod

Greetings,

well it's good to know that the bug is with the Marauder cavalry, so I know how to avoid it.

Eukaryot

Quote Originally Posted by Da Erobara View Post
    Hoping that this forum is more frequently visited by Barcal than "The Guild", I will repost the problem report that I posted on the guild:
    "I just downloaded your mod and I tried to unzip the content into my RTW folder, but it told me that same files that sound like they have something to do with the unit models could not be unzipped because they are faulty. It ended that the whole folder has only been unzipped in my programfiles/rtw folder, not in my programme/folder (I'm using windows vista, perhaps that may cause problems?)"
    Vista buggers a lot of things up, you may need to fiddle around with permissions on your RTW directory.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Whenever I try to use the orks, the game crashes.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I think this mod is caput, gone, dead, whatever. but I intend to start my own warhammer fantasy mod for BI.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'