Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SPQR AAR] Roma Victor!

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Default [SPQR AAR] Roma Victor!

Hi,
    Im doing a SPQR AAR for the romans
    I will be following all the SPQR House rules and i have already started my campaign to get past Hannibal and all those gauls.
    Without further adue.. Roma Victor!

Sorry for not informing you guys, I had to restart my campaign because of Bugs and all the goodies that come with it.
    And the reason you all couldnt see the pictures above my first update is cause i stopped hosting those pictures.
    once again sorry for not informing :S

Hope you like the AAR a lot more comming
    Last edited by 68 Powers; December 02, 2007 at 09:56 PM.
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

Default Re: Roma Victor!- SPQR AAR

Good writing, nice pics. Good job.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

nice aar youve put alot of time into this (plus rep mate)
    we shall never surrender! - Churchill

A disorderly mob is no more an army than a heap of building materials is a house - Socrates

and im just going to start over with Huge setting seince the battles are just amazing that way
    So here i go. and the images dont work cause i stopped hosting them, sorry

New Beginings, 215 B.C.

Bells of Rome rang as clear as day, Quintus Julius Stepped off the stairs as confident as any roman is. He is a young man now, Age of 27, He has a son already Amulius Julius who i predict will be as great as his father.
    Senators, Regulus, Lepidus, Cato, and Senatore Marcvs Valerivs Corvinvs
    say goodbye to Quintus.. maybe for the last time.

Quintus Julius is marching against Hannibal with 3000 men, One of which is me, Hannibal has somewhere around 4000.. The men are Freightened of his Elephants.

Some of the centurians ask Quintus how strong hannibal really is.
    He Replies, I wont lie to you.. Hes a strong comander He has defeated every single roman army that lay before him, but he is to weak to seige Roma herself.
    But this day he will go out of this world screaming the same way he entered this world..
    The Centurians do not trust Quintus in tis march against te greatest comander in the world.

Another man, Vibius Julius is walking with Quintus, he is his brother, And he will lead the Defense against Gaul in the North with some 3000 men also

The Julius family is a proud one, They fought in Samnite wars, Against Phyrus and now they have been elected Senior Consvl for 5 years in a row
    Quintus at the age of 29 is more Powerful than Cato the Wise who was the leader of the, Carthage must be Destroyed group, Thought the people have yet to adore this man or his family.

Third day of the Week

Word around camp is that vibius Julius has done battle with a Galic Army!
    They say the Carnage of this battle was so horrible that the roman cavalry couldent even advance to chace down the Galic Cowards..

Next month we are going to battle with Hannibal and his Elephants, I am the Centurian of the 4th Principes Maniple, they say we are going to be facing Elephants with the Hastai for me and my mens sake i hope that is a myth haha.

Thats all for now, another Update tonight probily on the battle with Hannibal.

Good job

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

I can only see the pics in the last update, in every other one there just little boxes with red x's. But still good AAR.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Facing a Great mind

QuintusJulius ran through te entire camp giving orders for everyone to get up and in formation. I peeked out my tent and saw the pride of Carthage lined up ready to fight for a thing called life.
    We got everyone in line and marched to our Glory or deaths..

When the armies meet on the chosen battlefeild both generals meet out in the middle of the feild, Hannibal with his officers and Quintus with his Centurians, He told us to hold our heads high and look them strait in the eye and be as disrepectful as you can be.

Hannial spoke, You are te graet man of rome who wishes me dead? haha.. even these days it is not easy. I wish you and your men the best of luck, for me and my men will strike without mercy!

Quintus sat atop his horse quietly not saying a word, Then finally he says,
    Today the greatest military mind of the world does.. Today All of Carthage and the world will know that Rome will not go quietly into the night just because a few Elephants and a fool stomps around italy!

Hannibal Knods and goes back to his line.
    Quintus goes back to his.

We gave our mn the last orders
    "Stay Togather!"
    "Keep your pilum ready!"
    "And kill all the Carthaginians you can!"

The two Determined armies marched twords each other,
    Both stopped the Romans gave a cheer and so did carthage.
    Then the Deep Dark horns of War sounded and the Hastai Charged, it was the most fearsome charge i have seen seince Phyruss was on out soil.

The man next to me yells "ELEPHANTS!'
    The men ready their pilum, Throw most bounced off them and some stuck inside the legs of these beasts.. we waited for them to charge..
    Then i heard Whistles in the air, Javalins were peircing these beats so easly as if their gods turned their back on them already..
    We reinforced the Hastai but as i look down the line..
    Another unit of elephants were throwing our men around the rag dolls my daughters play with.
    The Velites meet them with Swift Resistence and took them down easily as the other ones.

Hannibal's last act of a desperate man was to take a unit of spearmen and the remaining of his bodyguard and wait on a hill for his death,

Out romans made short work of him and his followers..

Then men Cheered Quintus killer of Hannibal! The cheer rose to high that the city of Rehgion felt the ground shake, even Roma heard Quintus's Triumph!

Hope you Enjoy

211 B.C.

Combat near Tarentum, The last of Hannibals army is going to be crushed under Our Senior Consvl Flavious Juilius and Quintus Julius was told not to interfeer with te battle..
    The men were dispointed when they heard this, they were the ones who destroyed Hannibals vetern army they should be the ones to kill them all!
    Me and Quintus watched from a hill, Flavious Julius lined up his men as follows.

A small Skirmish force was sent to harras Flavious's men, But they did not do their job well. Some of the were posted up in spears from the trarii to show these men that their doom was inevitable..

Dust and the Raor of elephants and men. These men still Chanted and
    cursed us even though they were all going to die.. Brave men..

When the battle began, the Cavalry and Elephants Charged first and the hastai flew all the way back to rome, The men were shouting Run! but Falvious Rallied them and they took the elephants down with ease as we did.

And te battlefeild was in complete chaos, There was no frontline units were being flanked left and right, Hastai threw some pilum into Principes thinking they were the unit the centurian said to flank.

Flavious Julius took his cavalry and flanked the direct center of their line and they ran like the dogs at the battle of great minds they were chased down and killed like any of good carthaginian..

Quintus Julius and Flavious Rode to Roma with their honored Centurains, i was one fo them, and all of Rome was wating for them at the gates chanting their names women ran after us and kissed us, they threw flowers at us and called our names! Quintus leaned over and said "Get use to this Romanus, you will be by my side for a long time"

Amulius Julius came to greet me and so did little Galerius, i said " Ah Another great roman ready to take comand of an army like his brother and father?"
    Quintus Replied " Thats my plan for him haha, enough of war lets go shove our victory in the senate face"
    I said "Ah, the real dirty work of war"

We Marched up to the Senate house, All the Senators were clapping except the LRC ( Lepidus, Regulus, Cato alliance) Quintus Began to speak of te battle and bragged about his victory when, Regulus stood and you "What will you do next King Quintus"
    I looked at him with Feircness as if he were hannibal himself.

Regulus continued " Quintus you speak of all your glory and how much the people love you, Are you implying that you could become te 8th king? You are a man trying to become Supreme ruler of the Repblic which is be Roma's Doom. You are no Hero of Rome!"

Quintus Replied " Arent we all Senator.. i will not speak on this matter nor will i hear it in MY Senate House! If you are truly jealous go find another Hannibal and kill him but intill you do that i will not hear a word from you mouth!"

We have Become Finacially stable now, We are making more money for more legion to match on Carthage here is te report Senators.

I will now March to Tarentum to tell them to revert back to roman rule.. or else.

The Crying City

Quintus and I Marched into Tarentum only to be greeted by men with Spears and Velites.. We talked to their "Leader" and gave them the terms of becoming Romans again.. and he Replies.. i think i like to be Free..
    I said to Quintus quietly " Has the world gone Mad?"
    We attacked them within the Hour.

We lined up on the City and began to cheer so loud that buildings Fell, the Men of that City Began to scream because of the noise.
    Quintus yelled "Death to Traitors!"
    We Crushed their Puny Gates, MArched throught their City and killed all who opposed us

We took their Dead and Hung them up on their loved ones Doors, On the Gates and even Exacuted them infron of their wives and children..
    No Mercy is shown for Traitors..
    We left the City with a Roman Garrison and a Gonvner..
    It is Rumored that the city flooded with tears of the Wives and Children of that City..
    It was their Just rights.
    Oh and the "Leader".. His body is still in the City Square to Remind the people what happens if they decide to pull something like off again..
    Roma Victor!

Hope you like it

rusina's Avatar Domesticus

what mod is this

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

SPQR total war.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Beautiful, roman civility has been brought to the heathen rebels.

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

im wondering on what diff you play this? cause beating that force of Hannibal with so little losses ... tough nut

M/M like the Houserules imply

Cant wait for a update keep it up

im tryin haha.

Drag529's Avatar Tiro

nice cant wait ofr the next
    In War Its Dosn't Mater Who's Right, But Instead Whos Left.
    Going Down In Flames

The Sun Peirced the Red Generals tent.
    "General, The day is new and news from greece sir!"
    The General gets up slowly, glancing around and at the soldeir standing in front of him, rubbing his eyes occasionally.
    "Well..?"
    "The Independent Greek cities that united against us have now been crushed under Romes Heel"
    "Excellent, Get the Legion ready to march to the northern front i want them ready in 1 hour"
    "Yes General!"

'Then General walks slowly to his armor, touches it lightly.. Then walks over to his desk to make the days report and write in his journal.'

The Juli Civil Wars are finally over, Brother against Brother is no longer on the battlefeild, Neither is Roman on Roman..
    Amulius Julius along with his sons Herius Julius and his brother Gaeus Julius were the headstrong leaders of the African Roman Republic.. They are now dead and Northern Africa is now under the Roman flag.

Quintus Julius is dead and now his legion belongs to me, His most trusted and Scared Centurian, The Senate has come to hate us and the People have come to love us.
    Lepidus, Regulus, Cato are still sitting in their seat, Rotting them, Saying that the Juli Family will be the next Kings of Roma.. Doesent sound bad but we have more pressing matters to worry about.

Our Allies, Macedon, Is facing a Dacian Full out invasion in which they have asked the great roman legions to step in. And gaul has once again, in all their wisedom, Attacked our northern front.. So the Senate sends 4 legions up there to quel the Gaulic pigs.. My legion is among them..

We have a new Faction Leader, His name is Augustus Cinna, He is a very stubborn and headstrong, He is a kill first ask questions later type of man he stood against his father along with his grandpa, Quintus, and presist to beomce Emporer of Roma just like those old Senators predited haha..
    But he is leading the Counter Attack against Dacia in the following years.

We have gone under Quiet a few reforms in the comming years, and our Republican Legions are becoming known as the Imperial Legions because of the new equiptment that is avaliable to them.. This has allowed the Comman Roman to get paid at a reasonable price and kill enemies of rome at the same time, Damn good job if i must say,
    And i Maxtenius Romanus has become the General of Quintus the Victor's Men i have Been to greece and Northern Africa now i wil get to see what the fuss is about in the north.. Should be Exciting.
    I am close to 30 still young and restless haha.

'The General Closes his book and puts it in his Bag, Puts on his armor and walks out of his tent to see the massive legion lines up in marching order and ready to do the days marching.. He rides to the front and the Legion Marches, Sounding like one gaint foot,They are the beating heart of Rome herself.. Gaul will fear us!

Hope you Enjoy, I have tried of new writing style so tell me if you like it or not.
    Last edited by 68 Powers; December 15, 2007 at 08:40 AM.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnκte Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Powers View Post
    They all shout ROMA VICTOR!
    no, they definitely not shout that.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

first time i see this one power68, nice job man.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast