Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Macedon: Online Diplomacy

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default Tales of Macedon: Online Diplomacy

TALES FROM MACEDON: ONLINE DIPLOMACY

As many people know, the Prince_of_Macedon has many videos of his battles online. He receives many comments (mostly positive, some negative). Last month, a particular individual named RapidFlex (on YouTube) watched several of the Prince's battles and left comments of disdain on the Prince's level of opposition. RapidFlex left a comment in the Prince's battle against {VW}Defender and another comment in his battle against Ariovisto...

I. RAPIDFLEX COMMENTS ON THE PRINCE'S BATTLE AGAINST {VW}DEFENDER
    Having watched the Prince_of_Macedon's Macedonian victory over the Roman player, {VW}Defender, RapidFlex left this comment...

RAPIDFLEX: The game was over as soon Romans lost the cav battle. Stupid handling of cav by Defender.
    RaptorCaptor

II. RAPIDFLEX LEAVES ANOTHER COMMENT ON THE PRINCE'S BATTLE AGAINST ARIOVISTO
    Having watched the Prince_of_Macedon's Germanic victory over the Seleucid player, Ariovisto, RapidFlex left another comment...

RAPIDFLEX: It seems that you only play against noobs.
    These dont have any chance against good players.
    RaptorCaptor

III. THE PRINCE SEES A FAMILIAR SCREENNAME PLAYING R:TW ONLINE
    After a month, the Prince_of_Macedon had forgotten about RapidFlex's YouTube comments. Then one night, the Prince_of_Macedon was online with the intent of fighting a "What If?" battle between Julius Caesar and Hannibal Barca. So the Prince used the screenname, JULIUS_CAESAR for that purpose.

As luck would have it, he saw a familiar screenname, [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]. The Prince remembered someone signing their YouTube comments with the name of "RaptorCaptor."

So, the Prince sent RaptorCaptor a message under his temporary name, JULIUS_CAESAR...

JULIUS_CAESAR: Game?
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: ok
    JULIUS_CAESAR: I'll make. Password is 123

The Prince_of_Macedon created a game, and when RaptorCaptor joined, the Prince started the interrogation...

JULIUS_CAESAR: you look familiar. you post on YouTube?
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: yes
    JULIUS_CAESAR: Oh? is that the name you use on YouTube?
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: no
    JULIUS_CAESAR: are you sure? your name looks familiar

The Prince_of_Macedon picked the Macedons after waiting for a response. RaptorCaptor chose the Julii Romans.

During the Deployment Phase, the Prince started once again to interrogate RaptorCaptor.

JULIUS_CAESAR: so where are you from?
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: Sweden
    JULIUS_CAESAR: oh? I must've had you confused with someone else then
    JULIUS_CAESAR: how long have you been playing online?
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: 1 year
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: you?
    JULIUS_CAESAR: about 11 months now (almost a year)
    JULIUS_CAESAR: GL HF
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: u2

IV. THE BATTLE BETWEEN THE PRINCE_OF_MACEDON AND RAPTORCAPTOR
    The Prince, of course, commanded the Macedonians (despite what his temporary JULIUS_CAESAR screenname might imply). The Prince opted for his tried-and-tested Alexandros formation.

RaptorCaptor chose the Julii Romans. He chose an extremely abusive army consisting of 5 Urban Cohorts, 4 Praetorian Cavalry and 10 Roman Archers. Most people put a ban on that many archers, yet the Prince was accustomed to battles with No Rules.

This is how the battle unfolded:

V. THE DIALOGUE AFTER THE BATTLE
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: gg
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: sorry I can't win without my cavalry

RaptorCaptor admitted defeat before the Prince could inflict serious casualties against the Romans.

JULIUS_CAESAR: it's ok, GG
    JULIUS_CAESAR: what's your name on YouTube if you don't mind me asking?
    JULIUS_CAESAR: hey man, what's your name on YouTube?
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: join my game
    JULIUS_CAESAR: just wondering what your name on YouTube was
    [][]RaptorCaptor[]][X[]EMP[]: no Art, no Ele
    JULIUS_CAESAR: I only came in to ask you about YouTube. I'll go look for your name on YouTube

VI. THE PRINCE DISCOVERS RAPTORCAPTOR'S IDENTITY ON YOUTUBE
    After the landslide victory against RaptorCaptor, the Prince scoured all of his video replays on YouTube for comments left by anyone with the name of RaptorCaptor. There wasn't a single person who used that name. But then the Prince looked around again, and discovered that there was one individual named RapidFlex who signed all of his comments with the "RaptorCaptor" signature. The Prince clicked on his profile, and he discovered that this particular individual was from Sweden. So there was a RaptorCaptor afterall!

The Prince immediately went back to the original YouTube comments left by RapidFlex (aka RaptorCaptor). The Prince left him comments in response to RapidFlex's comments from last month...

VII. PRINCE RESPONDS TO RAPIDFLEX'S COMMENT ABOUT THE ARIOVISTO BATTLE

RAPIDFLEX: It seems that you only play against noobs.
    These dont have any chance against good players.
    RaptorCaptor

PRINCE_OF_MACEDON: Just because they lose to me doesn't make them noobs.

RAPIDFLEX: Ofcourse. You only play against noobs, or play against good players without telling them that you want a match. Ofcourse when Good Players are having fun with a Noobs they sometimes loose. That does not make good player Noob or you a good player, only the game looks Noobish.
    Use your real name and ask for a match.
    Fight with Honour and Dignity. You should have learnt this by now.

PRINCE_OF_MACEDON: I didn't know that was you which is why I kept asking you about your YouTube name which you wouldn't answer.

Speaking of honor and dignity, you just got owned by me, and you still can't admit that you're wrong. In fact, you're calling me a "noob" even though I owned you.

Finally, "good" players will play good regardless of the opposition. You, my friend, are in no position to be calling anyone a "noob." Apologize to my opponents. Or do you have no Honor and Dignity?

VIII. PRINCE RESPONDS TO RAPIDFLEX'S COMMENT ABOUT THE {VW}DEFENDER BATTLE

RAPIDFLEX: The game was over as soon Romans lost the cav battle. Stupid handling of cav by Defender.
    RaptorCaptor

PRINCE_OF_MACEDON: Do you think you could've handled the cavalry better?

RAPIDFLEX: I use the name Rapidflex if that was what you meant when you asked about my name on Youtube.
    I was not playing any match with you, I thought you were a noob just wanting to have some fun. That is how I play against noobs for fun.
    In proper match I can beat you 9 out of 10.
    Next time dare to use your name "Prince of Macedon" instead of hiding behind fake names.

PRINCE_OF_MACEDON: So, you get beaten by me, and then you call me the "noob?" I think it's ironic that you said in another video replay that I only play against noobs. Are you calling yourself a noob then?

Also, I wasn't hiding behind a fake name. I was online trying to make a Julius Caesar vs Hannibal battle when I saw you come online. And if you remember correctly, I didn't know that was you which is why I kept asking you about YouTube.

Next time, think twice before opening your mouth.

RAPIDFLEX: There are lots of Noobs like you who play with fake names. They only reveal themselves whenever they win some game.
    If you use your real name, or introduce yourself properly before the game, then you can get some good matches.
    You just are a typical noob, only coming forward whenever you win a game.
    For your knowledge Julius Caesar is one of the most common name used on RTW.

PRINCE_OF_MACEDON: I asked you repeatedly if your name was RaptorCaptor on YouTube. You kept denying it. I then asked twice what your YouTube name was, because I wasn't sure if that was you. I didn't know it was you till I went back to YouTube and saw you signing your name as RaptorCaptor. Why should I reveal myself to someone who doesn't reveal themselves? You think you can beat me 9 games out of 10? Let's play 9 more games. You've already lost one.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; December 02, 2007 at 09:15 AM.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Wanted's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Tales of Macedon: the First Encounter with RapidFlex (aka RaptorCaptor)

is this legal? to hang out people in public?

Default Re: Tales of Macedon: the First Encounter with RapidFlex (aka RaptorCaptor)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanted View Post
    is this legal? to hang out people in public?
    This is an online battle account.

But since the body of the post is mainly dialogue (and the actual battle is in video format), I don't consider it AAR-material.

The dialogue is basically online diplomacy (setting the stage for the video replay which shows Macedon vs Rome). In my opinion, this is a thriller that everyone should enjoy.

By the way, I copy/pasted the dialogue. If you think RaptorCaptor is being "hung," then it's because you're forming your own opinion about him based on his actual words. I simply recorded the historical event as it happened.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; December 01, 2007 at 07:35 PM.

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

I hate when people give excuses. You lost, get over it, theres plenty of games that you can play later and you'll probably win a few. When I lose I say good game, you fought well no matter how bad I lose.
    Audi R10 5.5 litre V12 TDI Diesel, 650 bhp, 811 ft. lbs (1100nm)torque

Default Re: Tales of Macedon: Online Diplomacy

This is one of the oddest threads i have ever seen, but this raptorcaptor sounds like a creep to me.(who can not handel losing online)

hahahahha, nice work Macedonian!
    Last edited by piranha45; December 01, 2007 at 09:49 PM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Nice job....you sure showed him. Looking forward to battle #2 with him, that is if he is up for such a battle.

lol prince thx for ripping off my AAR name... (jks lol)
    wow you went through all the work just to shame that guy?
    good job?

y halo thar

lol yeah nice job mate
    we shall never surrender! - Churchill

A disorderly mob is no more an army than a heap of building materials is a house - Socrates

Libertus

Thanks for an interesting read and a good replay

Quote Originally Posted by zeuxis the mighty View Post
    I hate when people give excuses. You lost, get over it, theres plenty of games that you can play later and you'll probably win a few. When I lose I say good game, you fought well no matter how bad I lose.
    Yes, I'm hoping he'll think twice now before berating my opponents.
    This is one of the oddest threads i have ever seen, but this raptorcaptor sounds like a creep to me.(who can not handel losing online)
    I couldn't decide whether this belonged in the AAR section or not. Anyway, the tale has been told.
    hahahahha, nice work Macedonian!
    Many thanks, it's a shame that this story put a hold on my desired project though
    Nice job....you sure showed him. Looking forward to battle #2 with him, that is if he is up for such a battle.
    I constantly message him asking him to play the remaining 9 games, but he never responds to me. I don't think he has any intentions of living up to the challenge he put forth after that first battle.
    lol prince thx for ripping off my AAR name... (jks lol)
    wow you went through all the work just to shame that guy?
    good job?
    I really had no intentions of making a report out of this until he reacted the way he did (after I found out who he was). I would've been content just slapping him on the wrist, but he apparently asked for more

Nice AAR title BTW (I responded in it) hehe
    lol yeah nice job mate
    Thanks, I hope humility is the best teacher for Raptor. But that has yet to be seen!
    Thanks for an interesting read and a good replay
    My pleasure. It's a shame that most of the content here isn't really creative though. It's just me copying/pasting what we said heh
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; December 02, 2007 at 01:49 AM.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

okey , prince, stop talking in 3rd person in your reports, it makes you loook smug.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul d View Post
    okey , prince, stop talking in 3rd person in your reports, it makes you loook smug.
    It's a battle report. Get over it. Perhaps the Prince's words of encouragement in your Arthurian AAR has given you the wrong impression?

The Prince will write any way he pleases.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; December 02, 2007 at 02:43 AM.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Well done Prince!

You went through a lot of work to proove your point and stick up for your opponents, very respectful!

personally I think writing in 3rd person is awesome, 3rd person for the win!
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul d View Post
    okey , prince, stop talking in 3rd person in your reports, .
    Dose it really matter that much.

Decanus

Nice win, FYI i know several good players who change their name often as they don't always want to be forced to play team games, certain rules or with certain people. Name doesn't mean anything. Also such a facination with YouTube name would have clicked i think for me and then the use of macedon.

But then again the first game at 10k i played with rome my army did suck and i didn't have a clue what the other player would take :hmmm:...(i lost hehehe)

BTW i love the 3rd person bit - reminds me of yoda

Quote Originally Posted by msTubbZ View Post
    Nice win, FYI i know several good players who change their name often as they don't always want to be forced to play team games, certain rules or with certain people. Name doesn't mean anything. Also such a facination with YouTube name would have clicked i think for me and then the use of macedon.

But then again the first game at 10k i played with rome my army did suck and i didn't have a clue what the other player would take :hmmm:...(i lost hehehe)

BTW i love the 3rd person bit - reminds me of yoda
    Many thanks! I was actually going for the Julius Caesar 3rd person feel, but Yoda's even cooler

I was thinking about this last night. I never actually revealed myself to him (until he called me a "noob" on YouTube for beating him). When I responded to him after a month, I never said we played or anything of that nature. Yet his first response to me was anger from the game we had just had. He must've known it was me the whole time. Just my guess.
    Well done Prince!

You went through a lot of work to proove your point and stick up for your opponents, very respectful!

personally I think writing in 3rd person is awesome, 3rd person for the win!
    Yeah, with the exception of Emperor_Severus and RaptorCaptor, all of my opponents were very respectful. I admire that most in a player.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; December 02, 2007 at 09:41 AM.

LOL

classic tale of good and evil.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I know its a bit off topic, but I just never really liked online battles because its all about just using the best units with the best strategy to win. I never found fun in it.

Now I know strategy is key, of course, anyone can see that, and im cool with that. But I personally just want to play an online match with someone under historical conditions; that is, historical units and army makeup, and while not necessarily 100% historical tactics, just close to that. See who can be the real Julius Ceasar by fighting just like Julius Ceasar, not just having his name.

[/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    I know its a bit off topic, but I just never really liked online battles because its all about just using the best units with the best strategy to win. I never found fun in it.

Now I know strategy is key, of course, anyone can see that, and im cool with that. But I personally just want to play an online match with someone under historical conditions; that is, historical units and army makeup, and while not necessarily 100% historical tactics, just close to that. See who can be the real Julius Ceasar by fighting just like Julius Ceasar, not just having his name.

[/rant]
    Those were my intentions (to find someone to have a historical "What If" scenario). But this plan was derailed when I saw that familiar screenname on Gamespy.

Perhaps you and I can make this happen sometime? Do you see yourself more as Caesar or as Hannibal?
    LOL

classic tale of good and evil.
    LOL It has yet to be seen whether this post will ever become a classic or not
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; December 02, 2007 at 04:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast