Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.0 -- Previews and Discussions

Sp-who?
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rory o'kane View Post
    Sp-who?

Uh, I think he said Senatus Populusque Romanus(SPQR).

Will RS2 still focus on the roman faction or every faction will be balanced? I saw many overhauled factions in units, what about their system? I mean Roman got reforms, governors and empire management system, do other factions have too? Like in some mod they have reforms for armenian kingdom to empire, army reform for carthage, greek family members trained in sparta, satrapy for seleucid family members, and many scripts. Things like that.

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

I smell EB in the air.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Quote Originally Posted by chenkai11 View Post
    Will RS2 still focus on the roman faction or every faction will be balanced? I saw many overhauled factions in units, what about their system? I mean Roman got reforms, governors and empire management system, do other factions have too? Like in some mod they have reforms for armenian kingdom to empire, army reform for carthage, greek family members trained in sparta, satrapy for seleucid family members, and many scripts. Things like that.
    No matter how much I pander to Dvk and Tone to give Armenia reforms (), RS will never copy EB in execution of these if they are ever added. Once all of the units and campaign maps are complete for RS2 it may be considered, though I doubt it will involve as many scripts as EB, if any.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

RS2 Isn't focused just on the Romans. In fact, a lot of the real work has been done to everyone else. I've only just been chipping at some of the Roman units. And no, It's not gonna be an EB super accuracy, super-scripto mod. We're really going for a slow, steady evolution, one that's ultimately decided by how you play and act, not by scripts.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

It sounds good man what ever you do.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

My\our appraoch in Roma Surrectum is intended to be 'as accurate as possible', and as fun to play as possible in one package. Sometimes those two are 'exclusive' to one another......and where they are, I choose 'as fun to play as possible', because ultimately, this is a History game meant to be fun.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by icydawgfish View Post
    I smell EB in the air.
    The ONLY thing I like about EB unlike what other people think is the awesome looking water, cool buildings, and graphics. It d**n slow even while in campagan.

RS is a really fun RTW game. But I quit playing it coz I felt I am only playing
    Roman superiority and was destine to conquer and the other factions are minor roles.

But After I check all the previews of RS2, they are .

I just wonder what other features it has? Or just new units and buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by chenkai11 View Post
    RS is a really fun RTW game. But I quit playing it coz I felt I am only playing
    Roman superiority and was destine to conquer and the other factions are minor roles.

But After I check all the previews of RS2, they are .

I just wonder what other features it has? Or just new units and buildings?
    RS2 has a new campaign map, a new start time (218BC), new factions, and the start positions of existing factions have been altered due to the change in time.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    RS2 has a new campaign map, a new start time (218BC), new factions, and the start positions of existing factions have been altered due to the change in time.
    That's great!! A different time frame. Altered start positions means different starting experience.

With all these questions you have, maybe you can look at the faction preview threads like the Seleucids, Pontus, and Armenia, then you will be surely convince this mod is not just focused on Rome.

"FORWARD FROM THE SEA"

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Uh, I think he said Senatus Populusque Romanus(SPQR).
    i was actually mocking the spartans, but forgot to put in the "" that would indicate my humour!
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rory o'kane View Post
    i was actually mocking the spartans, but forgot to put in the "" that would indicate my humour!
    Yeah, I kew that I saw the post I was just having a joke, by the way dont you use this instead of this?

With all these questions you have, maybe you can look at the faction preview threads like the Seleucids, Pontus, and Armenia, then you will be surely convince this mod is not just focused on Rome.
    Actually in 2.0 we're going to remove Rome as a faction -- I mean every other mod has them anyway -- and replace them with... the Irish! Never before seen in any mod! Ever!

You know, that is probably a good idea! After all who needs Legions when you can have... uhm Riverdance Battle Line?
    Loyal fan of Roma Surrectum!
    "Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant!"

Love 2 Rep ppl!
    RS TEAM IS KING!!!

Nam homo proponit, sed Daus disponit.

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Woah, that will definitly make this the best mod ever.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

machimoi doryphoroi:
    once again thanks to tones modeling prowess

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    Actually in 2.0 we're going to remove Rome as a faction -- I mean every other mod has them anyway -- and replace them with... the Irish! Never before seen in any mod! Ever!
    Yeah, and since Seleucid has been in every mod as well...we were actually fooling around with all you guys because they're getting removed to.....in favor of very strategically important Kingdom of Iceland. :

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father