Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who is right Israel or the other guys you decide...

Default Who is right Israel or the other guys you decide...

There is lots of talk about this I made this thread to hopefully come to a conclusion about who is right once and for all. If that don’t work I will selectively edit one side to agree with who has the best argument.

Default Re: Who is right Israel or the other guys you decide...

Quote Originally Posted by lord_IRNBRU View Post
    There is lots of talk about this I made this thread to hopefully come to a conclusion about who is right once and for all. If that don’t work I will selectively edit one side to agree with who has the best argument.
    who is right? its like trying to find out what religion really gets you into heaven. i think the dozen other israeli threads that are 20 pages long would show this.

if might is right i'll have to go with israel

yeah but the other pages dont come to an answer in ten days time i will judge whom is right and that is it for the lord has spoken.

once again. if might is right...

so you agree with israel why not the arabs they have kebabs god i want a kebab why do they taste better when you have been drinkng.

Centenarius

Neither and both.

Both sides are behaving in a manner one would expect them to given their particular situations. Both are responsible for morally questionable acts, we can never reach a consensus about who is cumulatively 'worse'.

It's hard to see a way out of the endless cycle other than absolute victory for one side.

Israeli occupation (1967-2005)

:hmmm:

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Actually, after a few years it turns into annexation (if they apply Israeli laws on the land) Israel hasn't occupied territories in quire some time. They have, however, annexed plenty (well, by plenty I mean an incredibly small amount of land comparatively to any other nation's annexations)
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

Indefinitely Banned

then and again there's always the samson option
    lol aaaah, i miss the days of the samson option thread

Both are wrong. The wars have been going nowhere and the regions the Israelis conquer get returned by some peace treaty only to be reconquered in the next war. The Arabs are wrong because they taunt Israel and Israel is wrong because they gladly use the taunts against the Arabs and have become very shifty.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

ok but you never answered the question

No really, both sides are wrong and its very hard to choose. Israel got ganged when it first started and has been on the defensive side more then once, on the other hand they have been fairly shifty of any Arab activity and have started their fair of wars too, sometimes over small things. The Arabs have attacked the Israel first and dared it to go after them but it was mainly bluff. Only the most die-hard Arab nations still hate Israel right now and refuse to acknowledge its existence. But that group mainly consists out of Syria and Hezbollah-controlled Lebanon.

Both sides have started 3 wars, excluding small raids and attacks that had no consequences.
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,

Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,

When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,

again good answer well balanced and gives agood response with out getting bogged down in detail. however you dont answer the answer

I don't know. Both sides are equal in fighting equally pointless wars. But if you look at the small details then you might concluded that Israel is right, because the Arabs launched the first war (pretty stupid anwser but best I have)

Zoals oude bomen zingen,

Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,

Then I'm God.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Israel is right, because the Arabs launched the first war
    good answer with a clear answer

No one is completely right or completely wrong. Thats what I have been trying to say. Neither have an eternal claim to the land thats why the conflict is so stupid.

Israel is wrong. Dont ask me why because my word is truth.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    No one is completely right or completely wrong. Thats what I have been trying to say. Neither have an eternal claim to the land thats why the conflict is so stupid.
    Exactly, the conflict is pointless. Nobody is right or wrong. Good, IRNBRU?

Zoals oude bomen zingen,

Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,

Then I'm God.

is that not a bit like saying hitler was not right or wrong someone has to be wrong.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast