Thread: Activity

falx's Avatar Civitate

I am not quite sure that I post in the right place but here we go- I wanted to say that you must consider that some of us (like myself) are having full time jobs. I usually don't visit the forum during the week, just in the weekend and sometimes I don't even have time for that. I just read the Amendment IV topic and found it closed. I would suggest 2 weeks allowed as reaction time for any new Amendments/rules to be decided by vote.
    It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog.

I believe that would have to depend on why would a group remove a civitate. If many people are dissatisfied because he is going pyscho and spamming, and cursing, and killing and doing all sorts of foul behavior, two weeks is too great a time to continue to suffer this kind of abuse.

If on the other hand part of the comunity feels that the civitate is merely being negligencial, then we could afford more time. I am not making a proposition on the curia yet but only offering ideas for the debate. Perhaps we should make a distinction on why someone wants to remove a civitate:

if it is because of low participation then he could be notified and be given a certain amout of time as falx suggested.

if it is because of real bad behavior, then he could be suspended if the curators, or preators or fellow civitates (who? in which numbers?) feel that it is really necessary and then the ostrakon proceeds.

your thoughts?
    Só pra deixar esses gringos curiosos se perguntando que diabos eu escrevi aqui!

Ok, it seem sthat you both adressed different topics here.
    First, to falx: Easy as this falx, post an amendment for it, stating that voting tim eshould be extended to 2 weeks in matters inwhic civitates have to vote ( staff votes are one week, we are always here)

To sicipiromanus: The reason we would remove civitates is serious spamming and flaming. If you are absent for awhile l, we understand, theres more civitates than we ned to complete votes anyway, so dont freak out.

Hope this clears things up, falx, post that amendment ( rather, an adjustement) to teh syntagma, if it is not up by saturday night, i shall do it for you. make sure the format is correct, ( yas , no , abstain0 votes...etc

Very Happy to see you guys taking an interest,
    Boris
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

believe me, if a user civitate or otherwise is doing some continuous and serious spamming and flaming, there is a fair chance he won't LAST until the vote to remove him, he'll simply be banned from the forum, period

however, if its continuous minor flaming or spamming, and civitates wish to complain and remove him, he can always be suspended until the vote is completed